celebrity infinity indoor pool

shilu

• 4 months later...

I'm guessing it's not very big then? All the girls in our family are getting our keratin treatment before the trip and we can't swim in salt water because it takes out the treatment. That's why I'm asking. How many people can be in this area at one given time then?

We are traveling end of June beginning of July. I'm guessing no swimming on the deck will take place outside? I have no clue what the weather is going to be. Still working on packing for this trip and we are limited as to what we can take with us. I just want to pack wisely. Thanks!

I've never cruised to Alaska before but am going on Millie the end of May - so same class of ship. The indoor pools are indeed adult only - and it is enforced.

I have read that they will potentially open the pool to children at set times for an hour. The adult area is quiet and a great place to relax - although for us I doubt we will spend time there. Why travel Alaska to lay by an indoor pool?

We do plan to bring our swim suits - perhaps a dip in a hot tub after a chilly excursion.

Edited by Jane2357

For Alaska one thing you're going to want is a Gore Tex type jacket with attached hood that is lightweight. It can be the top layer or one of many layers. You want a good jacket, an investment type piece (Cabela's, Bass Pro Shop, etc. etc.) that you can use forever. I'm not talking a $15 windbreaker. You want something that is very light and packs to almost nothing. Do I sound like a commercial yet? The weather is changeable in Alaska, but one thing you need to keep in mind which many don't know is the inside passage of Alaska is a rain forest. Yep. It rains there. A lot. You might have a week of clear blue skies and warm and you might have a chilly rainy week. Or all of the above.

Since you'll be bringing perhaps some thicker clothes, get a few of those Space Bags and suck out the air so you can fit them in your suitcase. Forget the sport coat and tux - there's no more formal night -- use the room for the things you really need like a couple long sleeve tees and a pullover sweatshirt, and that Gore Tex jacket. (I wear my jacket all season long here at home and it goes on every trip with me -- so versatile). We've loved our Alaska cruises and hope to fit another one into our schedule one of these days.

I suggest a pair of gloves and a warm squishable hat for the day at the glacier because it's cold those days. You want to be comfortable. And out on deck. That's why the space bags - you have more volume of clothes but they can be compressed really well.

The Thalassotherapy pool is not for under age 16. And yes it's all salt water. And no, this isn't a swimming cruise per se. People will be out on the decks watching for whales and other marine life and enjoying the gorgeous mountain scenery. The naturalist on board will have wonderful lectures - go to those! And take their advice about when and where to see whales and dolphins, etc.

I agree, a dip in the hot tub is a popular thing to do on a cruise. I don't like public hot tubs - just a *thing* with me - but I know many people like them.

Hage a great time!!

I'm guessing it's not very big then? All the girls in our family are getting our keratin treatment before the trip and we can't swim in salt water because it takes out the treatment. That's why I'm asking. How many people can be in this area at one given time then?

We are traveling end of June beginning of July. I'm guessing no swimming on the deck will take place outside? I have no clue what the weather is going to be. Still working on packing for this trip and we are limited as to what we can take with us. I just want to pack wisely. Thanks!

The Thalassotherapy pool is pretty big ... probably enough room for 40 people but have never seen more than 5 in there at one time. They have roller bars on each side ... kind of set into the pool like benches. On one side, they have a water outlet that you can let fall onto your shoulders. It is very wonderful! The water is warm and indeed, it is chlorinated salt water ... so will definitely not work with your keratin treatment. It is known to even take the color right out of your swimwear. I take a separate swim suit just for this.

The indoor pool, as others have mentioned, adults only with specified times when families can also be in there if the need arises. Their are probably lounge chairs set up for around 60 or so with the ones near the window pointing outwards. You have to get there early to get one of these seats though. No chair saving allowed but it is a nice relaxing way to spend half a day or so. I am not sure why someone asked why you would spend your day at the indoor pool if in Alaska ... we saw orcas, whales and dolphins from the comfort of these chairs and we could even take an occasional dip in the Thalassotherapy pool. Lovely ... simply my favorite thing to do on an Alaskan cruise on an M-class ship.

We have been on several cruises to Alaska and there have been days when we were out at the outdoor pool for some sunshine and fresh air. It isn't always freezing ... although sometimes it can be. One year, I never put my heavy jacket on once but did use an entire tube of sunblock. Layers are key as May will probably be more on the chilly side.

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I appreciate it! I feel bad for my niece she's 13 I am really hoping this ship has stuff for her to do :( I'm sorry I didn't look into other cruise lines before we booked celebrity. We shall see.