Is beach time feasible on a southern Caribbean cruise at Christmas?

rtj099

I am a TOTAL wimp in terms of not liking cold water.

That is, I don't even want to get into "slightly warm-ish water", as described by others ... because it's ALWAYS too cold for me. :(

But in St. Lucia, during two different holiday cruises, I easily got into the water, and did not want to come out, ever!

(Same thing happened in Bermuda over Labor Day weekend, when the water is just about at its warmest. But it's not that way year round, the way it is in the Southern Caribbean, and maybe elsewhere in the Caribbean.)

You'll need sunscreen, just as though it was peak summer at home, especially mid day.

It was absolutely wonderful there :)

Enjoy!

I am a TOTAL wimp in terms of not liking cold water.

That is, I don't even want to get into "slightly warm-ish water", as described by others ... because it's ALWAYS too cold for me. :(

But in St. Lucia, during two different holiday cruises, I easily got into the water, and did not want to come out, ever!

(Same thing happened in Bermuda over Labor Day weekend, when the water is just about at its warmest. But it's not that way year round, the way it is in the Southern Caribbean, and maybe elsewhere in the Caribbean.)

You'll need sunscreen, just as though it was peak summer at home, especially mid day.

It was absolutely wonderful there :)

Enjoy!

I don't like cold water either--we live on a lake and I normally don't swim until July.

For me, Southern CA has very cold water! I think because of the currents coming from Alaska.

Relax. A bunch of politicians and movie "stars" with Doctorates in various sciences tell us we are experiencing "global warming". They can't be all wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Along with 97% of all scientists. Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions!

We have been in the Cqaribbean manytt times over Christmas and New YEAs many times and hads plenrty of beacxh/poool time. OneChristmas as were at Half Moon Cay and it was gloriious.

Southern Islands no problem but, the private islands can be marginal beach weather in December-February.

The water is too cool for DH to swim in the Bahamas from December through April. I think it's fine. He's able to get into the water without any problems at the island farther south, such as St. Martin and St. Thomas.