Question About MTP Cocktail Party

BigTimeCruiser

We have friends who are currently on board the Caribbean Princess. They emailed us to let us know of a change/cutback in the Most Traveled Passenger (MTP) Cocktail Party they hold in lieu of a Luncheon. They were advised that --"First, at the MTP cocktail party, guests were asked to PAY for their third drink. They were told they get only two free ones."

Not sure this has gone fleetwide or not. Does anyone know anything about this?

Curt :confused:

We cruised on Caribbean Princess 31/7-21/8 and attended the MTP Party which was held in the Wheelhouse Bar at 4pm. Snacks/Canapes were handed out as well as free drinks but the bar was then opened to everyone at 5pm and one person did ask for another drink but dont know how many he had already had or whether 5pm was the cut off point. We enjoyed the food and only had one drink and chatted to an officer so did really feel the need or desire to try and drink as many free drinks as some people do.

We cruised on Caribbean Princess 31/7-21/8 and attended the MTP Party which was held in the Wheelhouse Bar at 4pm. Snacks/Canapes were handed out as well as free drinks but the bar was then opened to everyone at 5pm and one person did ask for another drink but dont know how many he had already had or whether 5pm was the cut off point. We enjoyed the food and only had one drink and chatted to an officer so did really feel the need or desire to try and drink as many free drinks as some people do.

That's the first time I've ever heard of it being help in the afternoon.

Are you saying the the party started at 4 PM but the open bar didn't open till 5 PM? In the meat time did the people have to pay for drinks? :confused:

Are you saying the the party started at 4 PM but the open bar didn't open till 5 PM? In the meat time did the people have to pay for drinks? :confused:

I believe they are saying that the MTP party started at 4 and then at 5 the private party ended and the bar opened up for regular use so free drinks were no longer supplied. I have seen cocktail parties and lunches for MTP - my favorite was years ago in Alaska where the captain had a champagne reception on the bridge while we were at Hubbard Glacier - outstanding

That is also the first time I've ever heard about an afternoon Most Travelled party. What itinerary were you on?

Just to clarify this is for most traveled not the Elite party - only 40 or so folks with the most days at sea are invited and it is usually a lunch or sometimes a cocktail party with several members of the staff

I know what the MTP is, on my last cruise on the Regal in May I was #3. I've attended many luncheons (my preference) and cocktail parties. I'vej just never seen the cocktail party in the afternoon.

Three cruises in Australia this past March on the Diamond. All three had afternoon MTP cocktail parties. Captain sat with his friends (Australians) while the top passengers were left to themselves:confused:. 28 days in total for the three cruises and not one luncheon.

On a cruise a couple of months ago, there was neither a luncheon nor a party. We were given a free dinner in Crown Grill or Sabatini's. It was a 4 day cruise

Just to clarify this is for most traveled not the Elite party - only 40 or so folks with the most days at sea are invited and it is usually a lunch or sometimes a cocktail party with several members of the staff

Normally that is true but... On our recent Alaska cruise the ship was filled with blue cards. They ended up combining the Most Traveled and Platinum/Elite get together. It was a cocktail party and it was in the evening. I'm thinking this will be the only time we ever attend anything for Most Traveled. ;)

It was kind of sad though. The captain was there and a photographer so that anybody who wanted could have their picture taken with the captain. Nobody elected to do so. :eek:

We have friends who are currently on board the Caribbean Princess. They emailed us to let us know of a change/cutback in the Most Traveled Passenger (MTP) Cocktail Party they hold in lieu of a Luncheon. They were advised that --"First, at the MTP cocktail party, guests were asked to PAY for their third drink. They were told they get only two free ones."

Not sure this has gone fleetwide or not. Does anyone know anything about this?

Curt :confused:

Wow, let's hope this isn't fleet wide.

The luncheons are so much nicer, but the last cocktail we attended was on the Grand Princess. It was an evening affair, and they held it in the One Five lounge. It was closed to all of the other Elite, Suite, and Platinum passengers. No limit on the drinks and plenty of fancy appetizers. :D

With the duration, some may not feel the need for a 3rd free drink.

No the party started at 4pm and was closed for private function to those invited to MTP party they then opened the bar to everybody else at 5pm.