Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

For those of you who can see excursions for Harvest Cay, how much are the private cabanas, and the Pool cabanas? Also, what is included with those, food, drink? I have only Cozumel, Belize City and Costa Maya excursions listed when I log into MyNCL. I am mostly interested in the pool cabanas.

Thanks for your answers!

Thank you so much for posting the photos and information - looks like it will be great. I'm going to have a very hard time figuring out what I want to do there! Too many great choices. We arrive in April 2017 and can't wait.

We are sailing in May 2017 and am really looking forward to spending the day at HC. My plans are for this to be the only port where we don't take an excursion and just enjoy the beach, check out the stores, get something to eat on shore and perhaps do the zip-lining.

Edited by lastchamp64

We are sailing in May 2017 and am really looking forward to spending the day at HC. My plans are for this to be the only port where we don't take an excursion and just enjoy the beach, check out the stores, get something to eat on shore and perhaps do the zip-lining.

Zip-lining is an excursion (49/$59). We'll likely follow your approach for our first visit - check out the port, possibly zip-lining for the aerial views.

41f7e0257dacec6bd8220f640fa8ce9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We too are looking forward to visiting HC this coming December. The posted offerings by NCL have changed a few times with the zip line added then deleted. We are right at the final payment phase and yet still have no idea what will really be offered. Perhaps after Hurricane Earl, HC got washed away. OK, sorry, just being cranky, but yes, I'm a bit concerned. If anyone has any info?

Scanditaly

Looking forward to this port on our October 2017 cruise! Assuming it will be open by then... :rolleyes: Thank you everyone who's posted the pictures- it looks amazing!

Shame that it won't be free food and work with UBP- when I read 'NCLs new private island' I kind of assumed it would. A shame but not a huge deal- if it's expensive we will go back to the ship for food, it's not like it's far. Not a huge drinker either so it won't impact on me as much as it will those who like to sit and drink all day.

Although I'm disappointed at the extra costs, I actually think it could turn out to be a good thing for crowds/lines- can you imagine how busy that swim up bar would be if they took the UBP? I mean, I bet it will still be busy- but I can imagine if it was in the UBP people would just camp out on it and never leave.

We too are looking forward to visiting HC this coming December. The posted offerings by NCL have changed a few times with the zip line added then deleted. We are right at the final payment phase and yet still have no idea what will really be offered. Perhaps after Hurricane Earl, HC got washed away. OK, sorry, just being cranky, but yes, I'm a bit concerned. If anyone has any info?

Scanditaly

http://www.batesvilleheraldtribune.com/news/local_news/riding-out-hurricane-earl/article_78860090-61e8-5070-9142-a0d2125869e1.html

"..The men worked Friday at Harvest Caye, noting damaged landscaping and more debris."

Looking forward to this port on our October 2017 cruise! Assuming it will be open by then... :rolleyes: Thank you everyone who's posted the pictures- it looks amazing!

Shame that it won't be free food and work with UBP- when I read 'NCLs new private island' I kind of assumed it would. A shame but not a huge deal- if it's expensive we will go back to the ship for food, it's not like it's far. Not a huge drinker either so it won't impact on me as much as it will those who like to sit and drink all day.

Although I'm disappointed at the extra costs, I actually think it could turn out to be a good thing for crowds/lines- can you imagine how busy that swim up bar would be if they took the UBP? I mean, I bet it will still be busy- but I can imagine if it was in the UBP people would just camp out on it and never leave.

I thought I had read it would have ubp where did you see it would not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I called them this morning.It is on schedule to open mid November. I was told that if you have a drink package then it is included as well as a bbq.

I was also told that it will be like a resort atmosphere. I hope this helps.

There will be lots to do ,,,

I called them this morning.It is on schedule to open mid November. I was told that if you have a drink package then it is included as well as a bbq.

I heard this as well I hope it's the case would be an awesome amenity for ncl. We're not going till March so I'll know for sure but I'm watching closely

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I really hope this is true for the drink package!! We are booked on the Escape next September and harvest caye is a stop for us. Can't wait.

Batesville is 15 minutes from me. Had no!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://www.batesvilleheraldtribune.com/news/local_news/riding-out-hurricane-earl/article_78860090-61e8-5070-9142-a0d2125869e1.html

"..The men worked Friday at Harvest Caye, noting damaged landscaping and more debris."

Very cool that someone local to me is working on the Harvest Caye project