Any deployment updates for fall 2017-spring 2018?

As of today half of the NCL fleet has yet to have deployments announced past Sept/Oct of 2017. Anyone have any inside Intel on why NCL is so late to the ballgame? All their main competitors - Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess have most of their deployments released (Holland being the exception). Especially odd is the Breakaway being absent after September 2017. I would think they would not want to surrender any early bookings to Royal Caribbean out of the competitive NYC market.

As of today half of the NCL fleet has yet to have deployments announced past Sept/Oct of 2017. Anyone have any inside Intel on why NCL is so late to the ballgame? All their main competitors - Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess have most of their deployments released (Holland being the exception). Especially odd is the Breakaway being absent after September 2017. I would think they would not want to surrender any early bookings to Royal Caribbean out of the competitive NYC market.

No one knows for sure.

This seems to be common for NCL, they seem to be last with announcement quite regularly.

We are waiting for the equivalent in 2017-18 of the Star's Asia cruise in 2016-17 but we may not see it till after the Star has at least started this year's cruise to see how it is going.

Like the rest of us you will just have to keep looking at NCL.com.

Mike

Especially odd is the Breakaway being absent after September 2017. I would think they would not want to surrender any early bookings to Royal Caribbean out of the competitive NYC market.

There's a good reason why Breakaway's schedule isn't up yet. Wait and see. ;)

We are waiting for the equivalent in 2017-18 of the Star's Asia cruise in 2016-17 but we may not see it till after the Star has at least started this year's cruise to see how it is going.

Anxiously awaiting to see what the Joy itineraries will look like and how they line up with the Star.

I don't see BA leaving NYC. It's themed around the port.

Have you been on the Sky? It still has it's flower lei hull art and is filled with Hawaiian artifacts in every public room from the days it was sailing in the Hawaiian Islands (as the Pride of Aloha).

Have you been on the Sky? It still has it's flower lei hull art and is filled with Hawaiian artifacts in every public room from the days it was sailing in the Hawaiian Islands (as the Pride of Aloha).

Didn't think of that. I have been on the Sky and yes it reminded me of Hawaii. I would be happy with a different ship but want a "new ship"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's a good reason why Breakaway's schedule isn't up yet. Wait and see. ;)

You're a naughty tease!!!!!!!!! I'd love it if she did either 10/11 night or 14nt Caribbean Runs from Miami, or moved to San Juan to do alternating 7 night Southern Caribbean Runs :D

I think the biggest missed opportunity with the Escape and Getaway is having Escape dedicated to 7nt Eastern and Getway to 7nt Western - there is a decent market for b2b cruising that they are losing because of this.

• 1 month later...

Received an email from NCL;

"New for 2017/18, Norwegian Jewel will be based in the Asia Pacific region with departures to and from Australia beginning November 2017. In addition, Norwegian Pearl will sail seven-, eight- and nine-day Western Caribbean cruises from New Orleans, from October 22, 2017 to April 1, 2018."

I think the biggest missed opportunity with the Escape and Getaway is having Escape dedicated to 7nt Eastern and Getway to 7nt Western - there is a decent market for b2b cruising that they are losing because of this.

I would love to see Escape do any 10-14 days as 1 cruise, it is a larger ship and 7 days doesn't seem long enough to enjoy both ports and the ship.

Received an email from NCL;

"New for 2017/18, Norwegian Jewel will be based in the Asia Pacific region with departures to and from Australia beginning November 2017. In addition, Norwegian Pearl will sail seven-, eight- and nine-day Western Caribbean cruises from New Orleans, from October 22, 2017 to April 1, 2018."

So Pearl will do a Panama Canal repositioning in October 2017 ?

NCL website shows Nov 5 as first sailing out of NOLA.

This is the email, with title; 2017/2018 itineraries now on sale!

nx19qh.png

It's from the .EU mailing list and a bit messed up, as the grey buttons link to NCL.co.uk (all the others just open corresponding search results from .EU, http://www.ncl.eu/advanced-search/ ).

No press release or whatsoever and I did not bother to check all ships and dates with their search function to hunt some new itineraries. So the mailing was bit disappointing.