Live 1st carnival journeys cruise

honestguy

Is the cruise getting too long to enjoy? Or is vacationing still fun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not the OP, but I think I can answer this question.

For the last several years, we've only booked B2B - total of 14 days. Love it.

However, by the end of the 2nd week, we are finally ready to go home.

We're hoping to book the 2017 14-day Journeys Cruise from Tampa.

While I'm not an expect, I have two friends that both have service dogs.. They do not dress up, nor do they yap and don't like to be petted and made a fuss over. As a matter of fact, one of my friends has to ask people to please not play with her dog... They both go everywhere with their owners and when we go out to eat, they go under the table without being told and you would never know they are there.

I heard that the guy that left believed this was not a true service dog and was upset that its owners were able to get away with bringing their "pet" on the cruise. I'm not sure we've heard the last of him.... He even left John a farewell note after getting off the ship...

Unfortunately even my own neighbor, with the help of her Vet, was able to go online and purchase a jacket that says Service Dog so she was able to take her pet dog with her to Disney :( It is very sad that people make it hard on those that truly need these animals.. Both of my friends have had their lives saved because of their Service Dogs... I would eat next to one and even have them at my table if I was on the cruise...

From what I am reading both from John and some others who are posting on that other site, it seems that everyone is really having a great time and enjoying everything going on... Please continue with your postings... You made me laugh out loud and I'm enjoying it... Even drunk, you're doing a great job !!!

We had a lab on our cruise that was a service dog for a lady that was legally blind. She said it was fine to pet and interact with the dog when it was not working. She had a lot of people around her lounger that wanted to interact with the dog. She said when she got up the dog was then working and asked people not to interact with the dog during that time.

As my husband is a Type 2 diabetic and my son is a Type 1 diabetic,I have read a lot about diabetic service dogs and if the little pooch is one, he can smell when blood sugar goes too low. After having diabetes for many years a person sometimes stops recognizing the lows and that can be fatal, especially if occurs during the night. Other workers sometimes found my uncle laying on the ground in the parking lot after work because he had not recognized he was so low. A mom used to get up every 2 hours to check her toddlers blood sugar. After they got the dog, she relaxed the routine. Since the dog has saved the man's life 2 times, we should err of the side of safety by assuming it is indeed a diabetic service dog. The man's wife no doubt recognizes the signs when her husband is low during the day. My cousin who was also a BFF was diabetic and by the age of 10, I could recognize when she was going way too low. It is at night that this dog would play the biggest role.

Is the cruise getting too long to enjoy? Or is vacationing still fun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that would depend on the person. I have a friend that is ready to go home after 5 days on a cruise where as with me, our last cruise was 26 days and I still wasn't ready to go home. We have not sailed anything less than 21 days in years.

It is nice to be able to get a Caribbean itinerary where you don't have to repeat ports or sail back into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale after the first week.

Ah yes the service dogs. John Heald at first reported there was 2 on board. I've counted three. I'm not sure what one caused the ruckus in the dining room, but I have seen all three. One is a lab or a retriever of some sort. It's your typical service dog. The other two is a wiener dog(sorry I have the cheers program not trying to spell that) and what looks to be a yorkie or something similar. It's less than 5 lbs the owner pushes it around, and loves people making over the dog(a no no for a service dog) I was using the computer next to this woman with this service dog. It yipped and made noise the whole time, about 30 minutes. Later I found out about the dust up. I'm assuming this was the dog creating the ruckus. I have 15 years in the service business. I've seen countless service dogs. IMO this isn't a service dog, and if I was seated next to it in the dining room I would have issues too. I would never end my cruise early, but the guy had valid points. There is a lot of abuse taking place dealing with service dogs, in the political correct world we live in. It seems anyone can get a service dog. I'm thinking of bringing my service cat next cruise. I may try and get a service parrot as well and sell pictures with it on the lido deck during sea days

OMG, you're a hoot, honestguy!

I can't wait to read more.

Leaving on the Triumph in a couple of weeks on a B2B...my friend asked John Heald what to expect for Elegant nights. He said there were 3 per leg. Normally there are only 2, so just wondering if it's different for the Journey cruises.

Thanks, Debbie

Leaving on the Triumph in a couple of weeks on a B2B...my friend asked John Heald what to expect for Elegant nights. He said there were 3 per leg. Normally there are only 2, so just wondering if it's different for the Journey cruises.

Thanks, Debbie

I know I read somewhere there are 3 elegant nights on the 14 day journeys cruises but not sure about other ones. We are on a b2b for 21 days, would really like to know myself.

the carnival website for Joirney cruise description of this event call for the Lady's to dust of those padded shoulder dresses and big hair and men those jackets and parachute pants. Are people dressing in the 1980's styles for this event or just whatever you want to wear, formal or otherwise? Help please packing soon.

Found this info on John's FB page in regard to the Journeys cruises:

THROWBACK TO THE 80S DAY

CAPTAIN’S FORMAL PARTY WITH COMPLIMENTARY DRINKS

AND HORSES DOUVRIES

GUEST SPEAKERS AND LECTURERS

CELEBRITY CHEF COOKING DEMONSTRATIONS AND MENU

ADDITIONS IN THE DINING ROOM

PROFESSIONAL DANCE INSTRUCTION

LIVE MUSIC ENHANCEMENTS

LOCAL ENTERTAINMENT

CREW CONNECTIONS AND INTERACTIONS

GALLEY TOUR

NEW DINNER MENU ITEMS

2 ELEGANT NIGHTS AND ONE FORMAL NIGHT

Found this info on John's FB page in regard to the Journeys cruises:

THROWBACK TO THE 80S DAY

CAPTAIN’S FORMAL PARTY WITH COMPLIMENTARY DRINKS

AND HORSES DOUVRIES

GUEST SPEAKERS AND LECTURERS

CELEBRITY CHEF COOKING DEMONSTRATIONS AND MENU

ADDITIONS IN THE DINING ROOM

PROFESSIONAL DANCE INSTRUCTION

LIVE MUSIC ENHANCEMENTS

LOCAL ENTERTAINMENT

CREW CONNECTIONS AND INTERACTIONS

GALLEY TOUR

NEW DINNER MENU ITEMS

2 ELEGANT NIGHTS AND ONE FORMAL NIGHT

Are they doing the Midnight Buffet? I read they were.

I saw the dog on facebook and the owners page was linked. That's no service dog. All she does is buy cutesy outfits for the dog and her world revolves around the dog.

I fully support trained service animals being onboard. Service animals should be wearing identification vests at a minimum. Someone carrying a dog around in an outfit with bow ties....get real. These people must think that everyone else was born yesterday and the world revolves around their dog. they are simply using laws meant to help the truly disabled in order to skate the system. it's kind of pathetic really. but hey, they get away with it. :rolleyes:

Do you know how much the premium was for the whole cruise? Thanks in advance

Social package....Access to popular social sites and Apps such as Facebook, What’s App and Instagram. Does not include access to the entire internet......$5.00/day or $40.00 for entire cruise...any length.

Value package...... Access to the web. Perfect for emailing, browsing the news and keeping up to date with sports scores. Does not support access to bandwidth intensive services like Skype and music streaming. $16.00/day or $90.00 for entire cruise....any length.

Premium package....Access to the web at up to three times faster than the other plans. Supports Skype where coverage allows.....$25.00/day or $150.00 for entire cruise....any length.

Where did this internet package pricing come from? Last I saw, the Social package was only $25 for the week. Carnival's site gives daily price but not for the entire sailing.

Did you copy and paste? A link would be nice (site your source so people can bookmark it if they wish).

Where did this internet package pricing come from? Last I saw, the Social package was only $25 for the week. Carnival's site gives daily price but not for the entire sailing.

Did you copy and paste? A link would be nice (site your source so people can bookmark it if they wish).

Caribill's pricing is correct. One place to find it is on a flyer in your room when you board.

Edited by kkaren

It was from a combination of what is on the Carnival web site and what people on ships have posted on Cruise Critic from cruises longer than a week.

The Journeys cruises are longer than a week. Those on shorter sailings might have lower cruise-long pricing, but I have not seen posts with shorter cruise Internet pricing.

Caribill's pricing is correct. One place to find it is on a flyer in your room when you board.

Yes, but his post looked like it was copied and pasted from somewhere.

I have a photo of the card that was in my cabin on Freedom, which I've posted here several times in many of the threads about the subject.

I hadn't seen anything, anywhere stating the price for the duration of the cruise had increased.

Didn't know if this was for JUST the longer cruises. And at what number of days you jump from being a "regular" cruise (mine was 8 nights and was $25 for the week) to being a "longer" cruise and $40?