"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

On the Miracle right now. Future desk had itineraries for the Miracle in 2017 out of Tampa with no dates. Was told no firm date as of yet but Miracle is going ti Tampa early 2017 and Splendor to LB which we already speculated.

Surprise was his comment that the Miracle would only be in Tampa about a year since Carnival was in talks to move her to China in early 2018.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lol, they have filled in some of 2016 and someone knows about 2018?????

On the Miracle right now. Future desk had itineraries for the Miracle in 2017 out of Tampa with no dates. Was told no firm date as of yet but Miracle is going ti Tampa early 2017 and Splendor to LB which we already speculated.

Surprise was his comment that the Miracle would only be in Tampa about a year since Carnival was in talks to move her to China in early 2018.

Oh my god, you just made my day. :) Panama Canal early 2017!!! I'll be on her.

So a chance that Miracle will be in Tampa for about a year, or will it leave Tampa for the summer season before going on? With no dates on the future cruise information may not be definite but thought I would ask. Thanks.

Sorry can't answer that question. I booked my 2016 cruise on the Miracle for the Miracle while I was on board since I figured she was leaving summertime in 2017.

While looking at itineraries it listed Tampa 2017 for Eastern Caribbean cruises. There was no dates listed other then a year. The guy at the future cruise desk told me the Miracle was going to Tampa early 2017 at a date yet to be determined but it was happening. He also said the Splendor was coming to Long Beach.

He then said the Miracle was probably only going to be in Tampa for about a year. He said Carnival was in active talks with China to homeport the Miracle there in 2018. Those are his words not mine not sure but it took me by surprise. It would however explain why the Miracle did not get the full 2.0 upgrades the other Spirit ships got.

Sorry can't answer that question. I booked my 2016 cruise on the Miracle for the Miracle while I was on board since I figured she was leaving summertime in 2017.

While looking at itineraries it listed Tampa 2017 for Eastern Caribbean cruises. There was no dates listed other then a year. The guy at the future cruise desk told me the Miracle was going to Tampa early 2017 at a date yet to be determined but it was happening. He also said the Splendor was coming to Long Beach.

He then said the Miracle was probably only going to be in Tampa for about a year. He said Carnival was in active talks with China to homeport the Miracle there in 2018. Those are his words not mine not sure but it took me by surprise. It would however explain why the Miracle did not get the full 2.0 upgrades the other Spirit ships got.

Thank you for passing this along. We've been speculating that Miracle would return to Tampa in early 2017 and Splendor would move to Long Beach. The Asia (China) angle just recently was mentioned here but no potential time frame. Guess we will just keep watching the schedule for that Miracle/Splendor Canal crossing in the Spring of 2017. ;)

Thanks so much for the details. I appreciate. Time well tell. I hope more information will come out sooner than later. My best guess is that Miracle will be here for a couple months and leave late spring. Hope I am wrong and she will be here until she moves on possibly to China. Thanks again. Jeff

I don't know why people keep saying all the other Spirit class ships got all the 2.0 upgrades. The Legend did not get Guys or The Blue Iguana Cantina. Just Cherry On Top, Playlist Productions, Red frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar a new slide and also Punchliners which all the ships now have.

So the Miracle wasn't singled out. The Legend is lacking "the popular" upgrades as well.

Edited by theriac

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for passing this along. We've been speculating that Miracle would return to Tampa in early 2017 and Splendor would move to Long Beach. The Asia (China) angle just recently was mentioned here but no potential time frame. Guess we will just keep watching the schedule for that Miracle/Splendor Canal crossing in the Spring of 2017. ;)

That will be great to have more Panama Canal itineraries!

Edited by PatchesPal

The Splendor is too big to go thru the canal ~ hopefully that will mean another S America cruise option! :)

It won't be too big to fit in the Panama Canal once the expansion is done. That is a huge reason why no announcement yet, if something happens and the Canal isn't ready in time they would have to back track, and they clearly don't want to deal with all the issues that would cause.

The chance of another South American sailing is about as close to zero as you can get.

Edited by jwalk03

Well, that leaves just the Pride in the US as our only full time Spirit class ship. :( Makes me sad as I love that size ship.

Really limits the ships that can be had by Baltimore and Tampa ports. I wonder if they will stop having ships leave from Tampa most of the year. Having so many other options within a 4-6 hr drive, almost gives the notion that they won't have a ship in Tampa year round.

Really limits the ships that can be had by Baltimore and Tampa ports. I wonder if they will stop having ships leave from Tampa most of the year. Having so many other options within a 4-6 hr drive, almost gives the notion that they won't have a ship in Tampa year round.

If Jacksonville will NOT dredge around MayPort and let a BIG ship come in, Carnival should go to Savannah. They will do ANYTHING to get a big Cruise ship.

A Port there, instead of Tampa..........and there are a lot of ships there..then one in Mobile. then in New Orleans......then Texas

SAVANNAH would get people from N.Florida. Alabama. Georgia. Tennessee ( I-95 straight line to the coast of GA) Kentucky. S.C., N.C.............HUGE market there that would drive, and not necessarily fly. MANY already vacation in S.C., GA.......North East Florida.......already coming in summer or on Holiday. on Interstate 95 and Interstate 10. Six hour or so drive. Doable. Same distance from Jax to Miami. And we drive it ...go the night before so extra business for them. Ditto for Savannah which is an eye popping lovely place. Great food too.

Edited by AmberTeka

If Jacksonville will NOT dredge around MayPort and let a BIG ship come in, Carnival should go to Savannah. They will do ANYTHING to get a big Cruise ship.

A Port there, instead of Tampa..........and there are a lot of ships there..then one in Mobile. then in New Orleans......then Texas

SAVANNAH would get people from N.Florida. Alabama. Georgia. Tennessee ( I-95 straight line to the coast of GA) Kentucky. S.C., N.C.............HUGE market there that would drive, and not necessarily fly. MANY already vacation in S.C., GA.......North East Florida.......already coming in summer or on Holiday. on Interstate 95 and Interstate 10. Six hour or so drive. Doable. Same distance from Jax to Miami. And we drive it ...go the night before so extra business for them. Ditto for Savannah which is an eye popping lovely place. Great food too.

If they had a good itinerary leaving from Savannah, we would happily book a cruise from there!

Savannah has announced many times that they are not looking for a cruise line. They do not have a cruise terminal, and with nearby Charleston, it would not work.

How would dredging the channel around Mayport allow a larger, taller ship to sail under the Dames Point Bridge into and out of the Jacksonville cruise terminal?

Edited by AdGuyMG

How would dredging the channel around Mayport allow a larger, taller ship to sail under the Dames Point Bridge into and out of the Jacksonville cruise terminal?

Mayport is where the Navy base is located. that entire area is called May port. It is on the Atlantic Ocean, but would have to be dredged and docks put in that can handle the big ships Panama Size.

JAX gets the most positive customer ratings of any port. Around the airport , where it is very safe, there are nice motels and nice restaurants that knock your eyes out when compared to other cities. In addition, a parking area , perhaps 300 feet from the ship. Park and Go...draws big business Now.

THE BEACH where Mayport is located............Stunning. Close to Little Talbot Island state park. Undeveloped. named one of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world. ( Conde Nast) CLOSE to Amelia Island. Ritz Carlton. . but close to the Holiday Inn on the beach too.

ISSUE IS POLITICAL. S. Florida land developers want to develop Mayport into gated Ocean side Condos. PEOPLE do not want that. Battle goes back and forth. President OBAMA visited and promised funding to dredge but that Mayor lost the election. So we are back to do we or don't we GOV SCOTT backs the Big Ship here. So maybe it will happen.

SAVANNAH has been very vocal about wanting a Carnival Ship. Unless there has been a change suddenly, they have promised to dredge their port to make way for the big ships.

PANAMA SIZE SHIPS ARE UNABLE TO GET TO BLOUNT ISLAND. Under the Bridge now. SOMETHING will have to be done. JAX is one of the busiest industrial ports in the world. My SIL works there in logistics. It hums.

I would be THRILLED to see a Big ship come to either place.

Edited by AmberTeka

• 2 weeks later...
It's reported that two Carnival ships will go to China, Miracle for 2017 and the Splendor in 2018.

Wonder which ship if any we'll get for the west coast.:confused:

Good question regarding the West coast. I suppose (depending on their repositioning plans), Splendor could come West in early 2017 to replace Miracle then move on to China a year later. Just a guess. Otherwise, I sure hope Carnival puts something there to replace Miracle.

• 2 months later...
Dredging this up again. I can't find anything in Tampa but the Paradise.

Any news???

Pride is doing a few sailings from there next Jan/Feb but that looks like it. Honestly with the moving of Miracle to China there are not many options left for Tampa other than a second Fantasy class ship. I don't see Pride leaving Baltimore anytime soon with the prices she is getting sailing from there. Unless Carnival moves Spirit or Legend back up here there aren't any other options other than another Fantasy class ship that can get under the bridge and into Tampa. I would love to here other opinions out there on this.

With the expansion of the canal Carnival could possibly send a Conquest class ship to Australia and bring back a Spirit class ship for Tampa in the Fall/Winter and then send it to Alaska for their season. This would also give Carnival at least two Canal cruises a year.

I'm not sure if Australia needs ships the size of the spirit class but if they don't I feel this is a good way to utilize the ships and seasons to their advantage.

With the expansion of the canal Carnival could possibly send a Conquest class ship to Australia and bring back a Spirit class ship for Tampa in the Fall/Winter and then send it to Alaska for their season. This would also give Carnival at least two Canal cruises a year.

I'm not sure if Australia needs ships the size of the spirit class but if they don't I feel this is a good way to utilize the ships and seasons to their advantage.

One can only hope! I would LOVE to see that happen. We live a few minutes from Port of Tampa and that would be a dream Repo cruise for me...Alaska or Australia :)