Carnival is sending a ship to China

simplyben

It's hard to take a website seriously when the article is littered with spelling and grammatical errors, as well as a posting date of October 13th. Today's the 12th...

that date is mostly like their server time. Their server can be around in the world or the timezone on the server is not set correctly. As a system administrator for many years, timezone settings are often overlooked until the wrong date shows up in any error logs

Edited by shof515

If I read the article correctly (basically just skimmed it), it's Carnival Corporation who is sending the ships, not Carnival Cruise Line.

Looks like the 6 ships will be from both Costa and Princess, but not Carnival Cruise Line itself.

Garnett

Edit: Nevermind, just saw where Carnival (as well as Aida) also is in the mix for 2017

Edited by N7786W Flyer

The Sapphire Princess is now in Asia. We were on one of her last cruises here. She got different slots, high end shops (think Rodeo Drive), interactive TV, etc.

Wonder what they'll do to the Miracle?

Edited by SadieN

It's hard to take a website seriously when the article is littered with spelling and grammatical errors, as well as a posting date of October 13th. Today's the 12th...

That's because Mr Darnold just issued the press release in China, where it is already Oct 13. Look at the stock news site seeking alpha and you will find the full article, Carnival and Aida brands sending a ship in 2017. Exact ships to be announced soon.

Maybe she'll get a Gai's ...

CCL's CEO has said he expects the Far East to become CCL's most profitable area. He says he is devoting at least 40% of his time to the Far East business, anticipating high end shopping and gambling to be the main drivers of profitability.

The interview was on the Travel Channel about a year or more before the recent stock market plunge there.

Some of my most enjoyable Love Boat episodes are those that take the ship to the Far East. I always figured if I was to explore that part of the world, that would be the way to do it.

I wonder if they will simply relocate one of the 2 Spirit class ships seasonally to test those waters.

the cruise critic article and cruise radio article both say that both AIDA and Carnival ships will be new. So does that mean they are sending miracle until VISTA 2 is done?

Interesting to say the least. Like everyone else they are following the money. Two years is a long time tho.......