Drink Package Question

So, my husband doesn't drink alcohol and I don't drink soda. I was thinking of purchasing the deluxe drink package for myself so I can have my "fun" drinks. I was thinking about ordering the soda package for my husband but then realized soda and the refillable cup is included in my package. Would i be able to just give him my soda cup to use for the length of the trip? Therefore saving a few $'s so I don't have to purchase 2 drink packages. Also, how many bottles of water do they let you have at a time? I would like to take 2 with me when we are in Nassau walking around.

They would normally only give you one bottle of water at a time, but all you have to do is go by a few bars and stock up for your excursions. Keep them in the stateroom cooler.

With regard to sharing a single drink package with another person, it would be against the rules.

So, my husband doesn't drink alcohol and I don't drink soda. I was thinking of purchasing the deluxe drink package for myself so I can have my "fun" drinks. I was thinking about ordering the soda package for my husband but then realized soda and the refillable cup is included in my package. Would i be able to just give him my soda cup to use for the length of the trip? Therefore saving a few $'s so I don't have to purchase 2 drink packages. Also, how many bottles of water do they let you have at a time? I would like to take 2 with me when we are in Nassau walking around.

You could probably get away with sharing the cup, but he would not be able to get soda in the mdr, or bars. As for bottles, we had no problem getting 2 bottles each whenever we asked.

It's against the rules, but yes you could give him the cup (and no one would know but yourselves).

The cups have an RFID tag in the bottom that triggers the Freestyle machines to work, they don't use your card. As stated, it wouldn't work in the restaurants or bars where they will need your card.

No issue getting two bottles of water at any bar.

There is a great hack for the drink cup on YouTube so you don't have to carry around that big cup all the time. Some kid thought it up so he didn't have to always carry the cup.

Technically, is it sharing? Yes. But it's not like more than one person is using the soda cup.

No issue getting two bottles of water at any bar.

There is a great hack for the drink cup on YouTube so you don't have to carry around that big cup all the time. Some kid thought it up so he didn't have to always carry the cup.

Technically, is it sharing? Yes. But it's not like more than one person is using the soda cup.

But she could still be getting soda from any bar.

No reason not to share, soda package so overpriced, let your husband enjoy his and you enjoy yours!

At $8.50 a day for unlimited soda, juice and water from the freestyle machine, the soda package is one of the relatively few extras that is NOT overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At $8.50 a day for unlimited soda, juice and water from the freestyle machine, the soda package is one of the relatively few extras that is NOT overpriced.

That's more expensive than buying a 24 pack daily or ~5 giant 32+ oz drinks from convenience stores... that's an awful lot of carbonated soft drinks to have every single day.

The only thing that compares would be the ~$3 a sit down restaurant would charge.

No reason not to share, soda package so overpriced, let your husband enjoy his and you enjoy yours!

Dishonesty at it's finest.

So what you're saying is that because you feel it's overpriced, it's OK to essentially not pay for the additional package and abuse the intent of the purchased package? Great morals.

It's against the rules, but yes you could give him the cup (and no one would know but yourselves).

The cups have an RFID tag in the bottom that triggers the Freestyle machines to work, they don't use your card. As stated, it wouldn't work in the restaurants or bars where they will need your card.

I've been on several cruises where I have gotten the soda package and no problem getting soda in the restaurants or bars without using my card. I just carry the cup with me and ask bartender to fill it up at any bar and never had a problem. In the main dining room I ask my waiter and he fills it no problem. Last cruise on Empress my husband had the alcohol package. He was resting in bed and wanted a drink and possibly soda for later in the evening and I felt like some seltzer water. I took his seapass to the bar along with both our soda cups. I was able to get his drink for him along with filling up both cups. Wasn't a problem.

Lot's of "reasons" not to share. Ethics, morals, honesty, come to mind.

Agreed.

In our case, I got my wife the soda package, I got the coffee package for me, and we'll just pay a la carte for whatever alcohol we drink (because it sure as heck won't be $50 worth each, per day). I don't drink soda, so no worries there for me. If my wife wants a coffee, I'll just pay a la carte for it, as well.

I thought both the soda package and the coffee package were reasonably priced.

We sailed Harmony in May, I like to "indulge", she on the other hand like un sweet tea, water and pop during the day, pre dinner wine, at dinner wine and after. Being that we are Diamond we get 3 complimentary drinks loaded on our seapass card for consumption between 5 and 830. I got the "ultimate" package with wifi for 54 a day she got the soda package because with thought it was "the right thing to do". Me being her "pool boy" pretty much always got her drink with mine, I had her cup and they almost never asked for second card. And yes, I'd get my Miller lite her pop and two waters....took them to room for shore days. And yes, I might have "rat holed" a few unopened lites to put in small collapsible cooler for beach days...pop literally costs about 5 cents per cup but we again paid the 8.50 because it was the "regret thing" to do.

So what you're saying is that because you feel it's overpriced, it's OK to essentially not pay for the additional package and abuse the intent of the purchased package? Great morals.

Yup and I could care less about your judgement, the cruise lines will be just fine

My son purchased the UBP at the sales table in the Promenade on Oasis. The person selling the package handed him the coke tumbler, he handed the tumbler to his 12 year old daughter, his daughter asked the person selling the package where to get a coke and he pointed her right to the freestyle machine outside of Sorrento's and told her all the other places to get a coke. They are rather lax or could care less.

And it AFFECTS everyone else. This is the kind of stuff that causes cruise lines to make every adult in the cabin purchase a beverage package, if one person purchases it.

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one else is watching. Integrity, however, is becoming an endangered species. Drink packages cannot be shared. It doesn't matter if person A doesn't drink soda but buys the package that includes soda with the intent of not buying the soda package for person B .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yup and I could care less about your judgement, the cruise lines will be just fine

Do you also go shoplift from all stores you go to, because they will be just fine? There is no difference here. If you take something you did not pay for, somebody pays for it, and if you come on a message board boasting that you do it, you can expect others to call you our for it.

Do you also go shoplift from all stores you go to, because they will be just fine? There is no difference here. If you take something you did not pay for, somebody pays for it, and if you come on a message board boasting that you do it, you can expect others to call you our for it.

Y'all are so easy to rile up on these boards, I love when the morale police is called. And you have no idea many like I just did know the right buttons to push LOL

Y'all are so easy to rile up on these boards, I love when the morale police is called. And you have no idea many like I just did know the right buttons to push LOL

Only one riled up is you telling others not to judge your theft cause you can't take it. I am fine with my morals.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Only one riled up is you telling others not to judge your theft cause you can't take it. I am fine with my morals.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Me as well and only reason I posted it because I knew it would bring out the morals quotes etc as it always does here.

I personally could care less what others do on cruises in their personal decisions as it rarely if ever affects mine