Question on what too bring on cruise ,beach toys and life vests

Texasgirls

[Can I bring sand toys for my daughter onboard? Can we bring our own lifejackets for personal use on ship or on port?

It can vary by cruise line. I don't think there would be an issue with sand toys, but personal life jackets could be allowed or not.

I know on Disney, you can't bring personal flotation devices unless it's Coast Guard approved. You have to use the life vests provided on board.

You might look up Float Suits. They are great for kids under 5!

You can definitely bring floaties and sand toys for when you go to a beach. Many parents also bring an inflatable kiddie pool - the smallest size - to use as a makeshift bathtub in the shower and also as a play pool on the balcony when the parents want to relax there instead of by the pool.

You can definitely use your own life vests to swim in the pool. You can NOT use the ship's for the pool. You never want to have to use that one LOL. Not sure where you would use sand ones on the ship but on the beach it is perfect. What we did was bring some and left them behind when we left at the kid's club.

My son is 12 now but I have always brought his personal life vest for use at the beach. We have also brought the bucket of sand toys - again for use on the beach. As with other posters, I would buy a cheap set of toys and leave them for someone else to use - takes up a lot of room in the luggage.

For a small child/toddler, unless they can swim, I would be in arms length in the pools on the cruise. The slides are safe - as long as you can catch them at the bottom - we never had a need for the life vest on the slides and never used the kids pool - my son has always been a swimmer so even on the ship, he used the main pool but I watched him constantly because there are so many people and anything can happen with a small child.

Best of luck to you, the cruise and beach will be fun!

You can definitely use your own life vests to swim in the pool. You can NOT use the ship's for the pool. You never want to have to use that one LOL. Not sure where you would use sand ones on the ship but on the beach it is perfect. What we did was bring some and left them behind when we left at the kid's club.

Not sure about all lines, but Disney and Royal Caribbean have life vests for use in the pool. They are hung on racks where you get your pool towels on RC. You cannot, however, take them ashore for use.

Pools are not really big enough for toys/floats/etc. but definitely take them ashore to the beach.

Not sure about all lines, but Disney and Royal Caribbean have life vests for use in the pool. They are hung on racks where you get your pool towels on RC. You cannot, however, take them ashore for use.

Pools are not really big enough for toys/floats/etc. but definitely take them ashore to the beach.

Princess for sure does not.

We are snorkelers and have inflatable life vests that we wear when snorkeling. You can put as much air in them as you want. There is a thing on the front you blow in air.I don't want air if I want to pick up a shell on the bottom but my husband feels better with more air in his. They are completely flat when you let the air out so take up no room in a suitcase.

When my my son was little we brought his life vest he used in our home pool. He wore it in the ships pool and at the beach. I also brought a small sand pail and shovel. Since he has gotten bigger I now bring inflatable pool noodles for the beach. They are great for just floating in the waves. They pack flat and take up no space in our suitcase.

Edited by rnff2

We just got off the Adventure a couple of weeks ago and they had life vest/ floatie devices available for use in the ships pools. Not sure if this is a fleet wide thing, but might be worth checking out.:)