True 14 Day Caribbean Cruisecaptain

Megg

Just returned from 10 nt. Royal cruise. At the captains cocktail party, Captain Nick Nash stated that Princess will now have a true 14 day Caribbean cruise. Not a btb returning to Ft. Laud after 7 days. I have been checking Princess web but can't find it. Anyone know when this may be available?

Meg

Just returned from 10 nt. Royal cruise. At the captains cocktail party, Captain Nick Nash stated that Princess will now have a true 14 day Caribbean cruise. Not a btb returning to Ft. Laud after 7 days. I have been checking Princess web but can't find it. Anyone know when this may be available?Meg

Dec.20 & Jan.13(2018) are the dates I see it coming up. I also thought they were going to do it in march this year as well. We've done 14 day B2B on the Regal. It was nice, but we don't care for the return to Ft. Lauderdale. We feel it's a wasted trip back. We've done three 14 day trips on the Celebrity Eclipse, which we've enjoyed immensely. We're booked again on the Eclipse next Jan. After 2018 the Eclipse homeports in South America. Not sure what we'll do then. I seem to see mixed reviews on the Caribbean Princess.

Just returned from 10 nt. Royal cruise. At the captains cocktail party, Captain Nick Nash stated that Princess will now have a true 14 day Caribbean cruise. Not a btb returning to Ft. Laud after 7 days. I have been checking Princess web but can't find it. Anyone know when this may be available?Meg

Hello Meg,

From what I can see, it looks like CB is doing the Circle Caribbean on 10/08/17, 12/20/17, 01/13/18, 0318/18. It looks like Pacific Princess is doing a 14 day on 12/22/17 with no Ft Lauderdale intermediate stop.

We are booked on Caribbean Princess for March 18, 2018. It is the Circle Caribbean cruise and is a true 14 day cruise. It is also the first cruise on Caribbean Princess to incorporate the new Medallion technology.

We are booked on Caribbean Princess for the TRUE 14 day roundtrip out of FLL on January 13, 2018. :)

In January of this year (2017) we were on her for 22 days (8-8-6) and look forward to sailing on her again next year. :D

Did you get 3 cruise credits for your 22 days?

We are booked on Caribbean Princess for March 18, 2018. It is the Circle Caribbean cruise and is a true 14 day cruise. It is also the first cruise on Caribbean Princess to incorporate the new Medallion technology.

Thrak,

I will be on the ship in January 13th. Just miss the Medallion cruise :mad: . I haven't forgot that IOU a drink for getting me a sandwich when I was on the Rowboat stuck in the The Bermuda Triangle. LOL

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

How does Princess award cruise credits? We've earned one credit per cruise completed, even though several were 14/15 days long. Thanks in advance.

The number of days is not the determinant. On many longer cruises you have the option of booking individual cruises or a single long cruise. In those cases when you pay for a single cruise you get the number of cruise credits you would have received if you booked individual cruises. For example, next fall we are on the Western Med TransAtlantic. It was sold as a single 25 day Rome to Fort Lauderdale cruise or as two cruises (Rome to Barcelona, Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale). In cases like that the passenger needs to decide which is best for themselves financially (considering fare, OBCs, etc.) when booking but if you chose the single cruise you receive the same number of cruise credits as you would have booking two cruises separately.

How does Princess award cruise credits? We've earned one credit per cruise completed, even though several were 14/15 days long. Thanks in advance.
While there are exceptions for back to back cruises sold as a single booking, Princess awards one cruise credit per cruise, regardless of length. People cruising as solo or suite passengers may receive multiple credits per cruise (but they pay for it with the cost of their cabin, so that's fair).

The exception could be simply stated (although this is not official in any way): "every time your ship departs from a home port one gets a credit." This would cover the B2B question, as a cruise which is 14 days single booking could depart the home port (e.g. Port Everglades) 2 times, giving 2 cruise credits. Another way of saying it could be "if the portion of the cruise you are on could be purchased independently as a single shorter cruise then one gets the cruise credit for that segment".

It is really important to note that either cruise credits OR number of days at sea counts towards the Captain's Circle status. This was done to add a degree of fairness to cruisers, like yourself, who booked longer cruises but received a single credit, just like people who booked short cruises. Then the number of days at sea metric is more likely to advance one to higher status.

The loyalty benefit (e.g. >25 cruises) only uses cruise credit accounting, not #days at sea.

While there are exceptions for back to back cruises sold as a single booking, Princess awards one cruise credit per cruise, regardless of length. People cruising as solo or suite passengers may receive multiple credits per cruise (but they pay for it with the cost of their cabin, so that's fair).

Solo gets 2 cruise credits/segment

Full suite gets 2 cruise credits/segment

Solo in a full suite gets 3 cruise credits/segment

• 3 weeks later...
Now, if they would bring either the Ruby or the Emerald back and use them for a true 14-day, I would be in absolute bliss. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

We are happy enough with Caribbean Princess but have to admit we would love <3 having Crown, Emerald, or Ruby doing TRUE 14 day roundtrips to the Caribbean out of FLL.

LuLu

We are happy enough with Caribbean Princess but have to admit we would love <3 having Crown, Emerald, or Ruby doing TRUE 14 day roundtrips to the Caribbean out of FLL.

LuLu

Happy too with the CB but like the others as well. Have to contend with Crown's 8 & 6 voyage to have 14.