B2B Discount possible with different TAs?

cheffip

Many of you are likely aware that Celebrity offers a $100 pp credit/discount if you book a back to back.

We ended up with a back to back on Silhouette in the fall, but used two different travel agencies because of the better prices and perks each agency offered for the different segments.

Anyone had a similar experience and managed to get the $100 credit? Was wondering if Captains Club might sort it out?

Edited by cheffip

The B2B discount is a sometimes thing. I have recived it on some B2B cruises and not on others. I would think it would be nearly impossible to get it when you have booked with two different agencies because it won't show on either agency's records as a B2B booking, but you won't know until you have them try for it. Maybe you will get lucky. You will need to provide each agency with the other booking numbers to prove you have booked two consecutive cruises on the same ship.

The $100 is for cruises of 10 or more days and only $50 for shorter. Every B2B is eligible if you or your TA ask for it. Be pro active!l
We asked and were refused, told the reason for the denial was that we already had 2 perks.

The agent claimed that you cannot get the B2B discount if you already have 2 or more other perks.

But other B2B passengers received it even though they also had 2 or 3 other perks. Some got it in addition to all 4 "best" perks.

The answer seems to come down to the personal opinion, and/or attitude, of the agent you encounter.

The B2B discount is strictly for booking B2B cruises, so we could see no logical reason for the refusal.

Unlike the Big, Better, Best type promos, it has no connection to any other type of discount.

We asked and were refused, told the reason for the denial was that we already had 2 perks.

The agent claimed that you cannot get the B2B discount if you already have 2 or more other perks.

We had the same, although not with a B2B, but also got a no when we wanted to apply a post thank you credit to a booking. Couldn't be done as we already had 2 promo's/perks said the travel agent.

But other B2B passengers received it even though they also had 2 or 3 other perks. Some got it in addition to all 4 "best" perks.

The answer seems to come down to the personal opinion, and/or attitude, of the agent you encounter.

The B2B discount is strictly for booking B2B cruises, so we could see no logical reason for the refusal.

Unlike the Big, Better, Best type promos, it has no connection to any other type of discount.

We booked two different B2B recently that included the Best Pricing and booking on board OBC.

We received the B2B credit on both. It was applied to the price and it was not additional OBC.

The agent who tells you that because you have two perks and cannot get the B2B credit is just lazy! Call the captains club directly and give them your booking numbers and ask if the cruises are included: if so(if the captains club person is unsure speak to a supervisor to get the answer you want). Get that persons name and time you called and then inform your agent. I was told that the B2B cruise that were booked did not qualify because of the perks and that one was a transatlantic, not true. I did as I stated above and got the $200 discount!

Last month I remembered that I hadn't ask for the discount on our Equinox B2B sailing this February, which was booked over a year ago - Celebrity refunded my credit card the $200 within days of asking.

Again, be pro active - ask until you get the right answer!

Hal

We had the same, although not with a B2B, but also got a no when we wanted to apply a post thank you credit to a booking. Couldn't be done as we already had 2 promo's/perks said the travel agent.

Can you define "post thank you credit." Got these (2 × $100) recently on a B2B booking and was unsure what it was for.

Thanks!

Travel agents are not fond of both credits or discounts as they cut into the commissionable amount due them. When any travel agent says no - go back to the source and ask the same question as per captains club. Some agents are unaware of these discounts/credits. As for a post cruise credit Jimmieg, did you get the original discount/credit for your B2B?

Hal

After reading this post tonight, I called the Captain's Club and asked for the discount for my B2B's scheduled for Oct 2018 (long time before final and booked direct with Celebrity) I already have 2 perks per sailing and the agent tagged both of my cruises to reflect B2B and told me my $200 would be credited within 10 days.

Happy Camper! Now to find a travel agent to transfer booking to, harder than I thought.

So confusing. We just booked a TA with Celebrity prior to another Celebrity cruise we booked onboard then transferred to a big box online agency.

I called Celebrity and after an interminable wait and much back and forth was informed that we needed to contact the agent we transferred the second cruise to.....

In a case like this would you attempt to transfer the newly booked TA to the online agency? We are actually doing 3 cruises B2B- the TA, Norway and the Presidents cruise. We've never done a B2B before so this is all new to me. The second two cruises are with the online agency so it seems a no brainier to try to move the TA there also.

Color me confused.:confused:

We booked two different B2B recently that included the Best Pricing and booking on board OBC.

We received the B2B credit on both. It was applied to the price and it was not additional OBC.

We booked a cruise for October17 last October, last week while on board I booked the cruise before so I had a b2b. After reading about this credit on here asked my agent and got the $100 discount on each cruise! I did loose $50 agents OBC each cruise but still better off. Thanks