soda/water and beverage package questions

happy traveler69

hi! we are very new cruisers to princess, with our first princess cruise April 2017. I'm hoping you all can answer a few questions to help us prepare.

what kind/brand of water is sold by the 12pack? is it spring water or purified water?

what brand of soda products is sold on the ship? is it coke or Pepsi products?

does everyone in the cabin have to purchase the soda/beverage package? I'm the only one in my cabin that drinks alcohol. my mom does doesn't drink soda. theoretically it would be me with the AIBP, my adult daughter with the soda package and my mom with the water package. would this arrangement be allowed?

thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

hi! we are very new cruisers to princess, with our first princess cruise April 2017. I'm hoping you all can answer a few questions to help us prepare.

what kind/brand of water is sold by the 12pack? is it spring water or purified water?

does everyone in the cabin have to purchase the soda/beverage package? I'm the only one in my cabin that drinks alcohol. my mom does doesn't drink soda. theoretically it would be me with the AIBP, my adult daughter with the soda package and my mom with the water package. would this arrangement be allowed?

If your sailing is booked with the Sip n Sail promo you will get AIBP for passengers 1 and 2 in a stateroom and the Soda package for passengers 3 and 4. Should cover you quite well.

If you are buying the packages (no Sip n Sail) then the arrangement you describe is allowed. Bottled Water is pre-order only so plan ahead.

On US port sailings the water is usually Crystal Geyser (spring), otherwise usually Nestle product (filtered).

Coke products.

This has been answered, but realize that the ship's water is as good or better than bottled water. So you can bring along a water bottle and just keep filling it. There is a fridge and ice in each cabin and ice is available at any bar or in the buffet. You can also carry on all the water you like, no restrictions.

Coke

Just to add the soda & more package is for fountain sodas only, no cans. It also includes other beverages like mocktails, juices (which are free during breakfast hours), milkshakes (some ships do not have milkshakes). You can not use this package on Princess Cays as they only have canned soda there. You can use the AIBP there.

thanks in advance!!

See above

Each person can select their plan of choice or not plan at all.

The AIBP includes all beverages costing $10 or less and is for consumption by the person with the sticker on their card. You can also get bottles of wine at 40% off for sharing (glasses at leas than $10 are included). This includes almost all mixed drinks, etc. as there is very little priced at over $10. It covers cans of sodas, fruit juices 24/7 (they are typically included at breakfast but have a charge at other times), bottled water, specialty coffees and teas, etc. Cost $56 per night of cruise.

Soda and more includes coke products via fountain (gun) service, milkshakes, mocktails, juices, and cans of root beer, hot chocolate.... Cost $8 per night of cruise.

The water package is purchased in advance only. The water on the ship is fine to drink. You can bring your own water on board if you want to carry it.

Edited by moki'smommy

That they offered a Beer/Wine package. I don't usually drink cocktails, more of a beer or wine drinker, the package price is high if you don't do the cocktails. I would have to drink 10 16oz. beers a day to break even. I'll probably stick to the "bucket" discount, buy 4 get one free.

Edited to add:

I read one of the lounges has a happy hour with drink discounts, is that true? If so I could buy a beer bucket and get one free?

Edited by habc

That they offered a Beer/Wine package. I don't usually drink cocktails, more of a beer or wine drinker, the package price is high if you don't do the cocktails. I would have to drink 10 16oz. beers a day to break even. I'll probably stick to the "bucket" discount, buy 4 get one free.

Edited to add:

I read one of the lounges has a happy hour with drink discounts, is that true? If so I could buy a beer bucket and get one free?

There are two Happy Hours onboard, one in the afternoon, usually 3-4, and one at night, usually 11-12. It's Buy one, Get one for $1. Must be same drinks. You can buy as many beers as you like and get matching beers for $1 each. They won't match the bucket of beers, ie 5 for 4, but it works out even better buying as individual beers during happy hour. They won't open then if you ask and you can bring them back to tour cabin...

Enjoy...

There are two Happy Hours onboard, one in the afternoon, usually 3-4, and one at night, usually 11-12. It's Buy one, Get one for $1. Must be same drinks. You can buy as many beers as you like and get matching beers for $1 each. They won't match the bucket of beers, ie 5 for 4, but it works out even better buying as individual beers during happy hour. They won't open then if you ask and you can bring them back to tour cabin...

Enjoy...

Thanks! Now I'm really not going to buy the drink package! I can pick up extras for tomorrow and stow them in the fridge, perfect!

they don't sell wine coolers do they? (do people still drink coolers?)

I know this can change at anytime, but are we permitted to bring our own water and soda? I'm a (bottled) Diet Pepsi fanatic- it's something about that "pssssh" when you open a bottle... I guess if we are allowed to bring our own, it'd have to be in cans, right?

I know this can change at anytime, but are we permitted to bring our own water and soda? I'm a (bottled) Diet Pepsi fanatic- it's something about that "pssssh" when you open a bottle... I guess if we are allowed to bring our own, it'd have to be in cans, right?

Have not seen wine coolers.

Yes you can bring on water/soda no limit, carry on so they don't hold up your checked luggage.

Cans/plastic bottles, either or.

Seems to be some variation on letting you take it on.

Probably by region.

Take it as carry on.

if you buy the soda package it's all post mix out of a gun.

If you are buying the packages (no Sip n Sail) then the arrangement you describe is allowed. Bottled Water is pre-order only so plan ahead.

Only the pack of bottles is pre-order only.

Individual bottles may be purchased on the ship (at a higher cost than the pre-order cost).

I am thinking about an Asian cruise ex Singapore returning to Singapore and looking at the drink packages and they include up to $10 therefore if I want a cocktail and its say $13 do I have to pay the $13 or just $3 or do they have a premium package that I can't see yet as I haven't booked yet?

Also is it $59 USD or AUD

I have only travelled Celebrity before using their premium package and it covered up to $14 so I never paid any extra.

I am thinking about an Asian cruise ex Singapore returning to Singapore and looking at the drink packages and they include up to $10 therefore if I want a cocktail and its say $13 do I have to pay the $13 or just $3 or do they have a premium package that I can't see yet as I haven't booked yet?

I have only travelled Celebrity before using their premium package and it covered up to $14 so I never paid any extra.

I am a Princess newbie also, and had the same question regarding any alcoholic drinks over $10 (do we just pay the difference?). I've researched the Princess website, but can't find anything about it. Hopefully, someone can answer this for us!

I am a Princess newbie also, and had the same question regarding any alcoholic drinks over $10 (do we just pay the difference?). I've researched the Princess website, but can't find anything about it. Hopefully, someone can answer this for us!
For drinks costing more that $10.00 you pay the full price. That is the cost before the 15% gratuity is added. There are a few exceptions but most cocktails are currently $8.95 or less.

We have had the beverage + soda package on previous cruises and smoothies were included. I don't see them listed now. Anyone have any experience with this "new" beverage + package?
are you talking about the Unlimited Soda Package? That cost $5.18/person/day and only included soft drink. That package is unavailable on the website but might be available on board on at least some ships. The Unlimited Sodas and More Package at a cost of $8.05/person/day is still available and includes soda, mocktails, juices and hot chocolate. The AIBP at a cost of $56.35/person/day includes any beverage less than $10.00.

I called Princess 2 days ago because some people here reported being able to purchase the "Soda Only" by telephoning them but not on line. The Princess rep stated that the Soda Only package has been discontinued and is not available on line or on the phone. She also said it is not available on the ship, but others here have reported being able to purchase it.

The "Soda and More" for $8.05 per day includes mocktails, shakes and malts on ships that have an ice cream bar, gun coke products, hot chocolate, and cans of root beer as well as juices. I never saw a "smoothie" as in what I would get from "Smoothie King" with yogurt and fruit, but they will put essentially anything you want in the mocktail--fruit juice, crushed ice, etc.

I called Princess 2 days ago because some people here reported being able to purchase the "Soda Only" by telephoning them but not on line. The Princess rep stated that the Soda Only package has been discontinued and is not available on line or on the phone. She also said it is not available on the ship' date=' but others here have reported being able to purchase it.

The "Soda and More" for $8.05 per day includes mocktails, shakes and malts on ships that have an ice cream bar, gun coke products, hot chocolate, and cans of root beer as well as juices. I never saw a "smoothie" as in what I would get from "Smoothie King" with yogurt and fruit, but they will put essentially anything you want in the mocktail--fruit juice, crushed ice, etc.

Except the Royal and Regal which have an ice cream bar, but do not have the equipment to make shakes and malts.

The $59 is AUD, but leave buying it to on board as the useless web site then convers the $59 using the US exchange rate and charges you something like $73.

Cruises in Aus$ the drink limit is $14 Aus.

See my post above where for some reason the quotes I was responding to didn't work.:mad::mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Have not seen wine coolers.

Yes you can bring on water/soda no limit, carry on so they don't hold up your checked luggage.

Cans/plastic bottles, either or.

Thanks Keith for the info. I have only sailed on Royal and was hoping I could bring water and coke in my carry on for our Princess cruise.