Cigarette price on coral

cabinfever60

I don't know the price of smokes on the Coral but I believe that you can bring back as much as you like but keep in mind that the duty-free allowance is 200 cigarettes, IE a carton, after that you have to pay duty which, I think, is $3.90 per carton.

HTH

I smoked until I quit a few months ago. I brought back with my husband usually 4 cartons from each cruise. Sometimes they were even double carton specials. The double carton packages on carnival were $66 back in March. I presume the price would be roughly the same.

Thankfully, I quit a few months ago so I'm looking forward to my first smoke free vacation since I was 14. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I smoked until I quit a few months ago. I brought back with my husband usually 4 cartons from each cruise. Sometimes they were even double carton specials. The double carton packages on carnival were $66 back in March. I presume the price would be roughly the same.

Thankfully, I quit a few months ago so I'm looking forward to my first smoke free vacation since I was 14. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats Kricktor :D

Edited by Reader0108598

I don't know the price of smokes on the Coral but I believe that you can bring back as much as you like but keep in mind that the duty-free allowance is 200 cigarettes, IE a carton, after that you have to pay duty which, I think, is $3.90 per carton.

HTH

I never had a cigarette in my life :) but my friend brings them back for her sister and I think she had to pay $10.00 duty on the second carton this year.

Tony

I never had a cigarette in my life :) but my friend brings them back for her sister and I think she had to pay $10.00 duty on the second carton this year.

Tony

I just called my friend and she did pay $10.00 for the second carton.

Tony

I'm not a smoker, but a carton of Marlboro here in Thailand is about $16 in any grocery store. At Duty Free in the Bangkok Airport they are $22-25 dollars a carton. Really?

I never buy Duty Free anymore because they are overpriced. Same with liquor!

I'm not a smoker, but a carton of Marlboro here in Thailand is about $16 in any grocery store. At Duty Free in the Bangkok Airport they are $22-25 dollars a carton. Really?

I never buy Duty Free anymore because they are overpriced. Same with liquor!

You may find that they are US made and genuine in the duty free store and locally made under license or counterfeit in the local stores. I believe the color of the filter tip can be an indication, as well as the actual source of the tobacco for those with a palate accurate enough to know the difference. Also of course there are a lot of counterfeit ones around made from the sweepings off the floor and sawdust.

I have bought Marlboro red carton at $10 for 200 in Colombia duty free store and found they were genuine but made in Switzerland. And nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for all the info, just so you know i'm not a smoker myself a friend of mine wants me to pick her up some while i'm on the cruise. I'm 61yrs old and have never smoked one day of my life!!! No need to start now.

If the person is truly your friend, you won't bring them cigs. You might save their life.

I understand your thinking about saving her life, but after 36yrs of smoking i really don't think i can do that now!!! But thanks for the statement anyway if i don't bring them back for her she will just go and buy them like she always does, if i'm doing anything for her, it's saving her some gas money one less trip to the store to buy them.

I'm going to be sailing on the coral princess in the next few months, would anyone happen to know the price a carton of marlboro light 100's would be, and how many can i bring back?thank you!!!

They are now about $33 a carton on board. You can buy them anytime during your trip but they are delivered the night before you get off. If you need cigarettes during the cruise, some of the bars sell them at $4 a pack.

• 6 months later...

As someone who used to smoke - smoked for 20 years and quit 27-28 years ago - I won't buy cigarettes for anybody. Call me judgemental if you like but I won't do it. Quitting was one of the very best things I have ever done for myself (and my family).

As someone who used to smoke - smoked for 20 years and quit 27-28 years ago - I won't buy cigarettes for anybody. Call me judgemental if you like but I won't do it. Quitting was one of the very best things I have ever done for myself (and my family).

OK, you are judgemental :-). But then, judgment is what separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom. My experience with tobacco is quite similar to yours and I choose not to purchase cigarettes for anyone.... for any reason.

They are now about $33 a carton on board. You can buy them anytime during your trip but they are delivered the night before you get off. If you need cigarettes during the cruise, some of the bars sell them at $4 a pack.

Yikes, is this a Princess thing? I have never run into that on any other cruise line.

You can bring cigs on board without any problems.

Thanks again. And most of all, thanks for just sticking to the questions asked. ;) :)

Yikes, is this a Princess thing? I have never run into that on any other cruise line.

Same. I can certainly understand holding back the liquor, but it makes no sense to me to hold back the cigarettes. RCI and NCL don't follow that rule, thankfully.

Thanks again. And most of all, thanks for just sticking to the questions asked. ;) :)

Same. I can certainly understand holding back the liquor, but it makes no sense to me to hold back the cigarettes. RCI and NCL don't follow that rule, thankfully.

They don't want them consumed onboard, hence more $$ spent for drinks and cigs purchased at the bars.

Princess has nothing to do with NCL or RCCL.

Its been done this way for many years.

Nothing new.

It's the same for any duty free liquor purchased onboard as well.

Being brand new to Princess, this is exactly the type of information I am looking for. After more than forty cruises on several cruise lines, I am still surprised by the small differences between them, even within the same Corporation. Thanks for the info!