New O Life promo coming

LHT28

Oceania's next OLife promotion adds choice of credit, beverage package

Oceania Cruises will give travelers the option of choosing on-board credit or a beverage package, among other amenities, in the next evolution of its OLife promotion.

OLife Choice begins Jan. 1, and applies to sailings from April 25. It replaces the existing OLife Early Booking Advantage, which concludes Dec. 31.

As with that popular program, OLife Choice offers amenities like shore excursions and free unlimited Internet access, but not pre-paid gratuities. It adds a choice of beverage package or a shipboard credit.

The number of complimentary shore excursions offered and the amount of shipboard credit depends on the length of the cruise—ranging from three excursions or a $300 credit for voyages up to nine days, to five excursions and $500 credit for sailings 14 days or longer.

The OLife Choice promotion is valid for six months and is scheduled to conclude on June 30.

It is available to all travelers, regardless of suite or stateroom category booked.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/oceanias-next-olife-promotion-adds-choice-of-credit-beverage-package.html

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2015/Oceania+Cruises+Expands+Popular+Value-Add+Program+Introduces+New+OLife+Choice+Promotion/

Edited by LHT28

Oceania's next OLife promotion adds choice of credit, beverage package

Oceania Cruises will give travelers the option of choosing on-board credit or a beverage package, among other amenities, in the next evolution of its OLife promotion.

OLife Choice begins Jan. 1, and applies to sailings from April 25. It replaces the existing OLife Early Booking Advantage, which concludes Dec. 31.

As with that popular program, OLife Choice offers amenities like shore excursions and free unlimited Internet access, but not pre-paid gratuities. It adds a choice of beverage package or a shipboard credit.

The number of complimentary shore excursions offered and the amount of shipboard credit depends on the length of the cruise—ranging from three excursions or a $300 credit for voyages up to nine days, to five excursions and $500 credit for sailings 14 days or longer.

The OLife Choice promotion is valid for six months and is scheduled to conclude on June 30.

It is available to all travelers, regardless of suite or stateroom category booked.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/oceanias-next-olife-promotion-adds-choice-of-credit-beverage-package.html

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2015/Oceania+Cruises+Expands+Popular+Value-Add+Program+Introduces+New+OLife+Choice+Promotion/

Just saw this. How does it compare to the old O Life? Need time to process this. Very confused Let me know if you think this is a good deal or not. Thanks

I wonder if this is retroactive?

Those that booked the original O life will be grandfathered

The offer for beverage package is for the smaller package. One can upgrade to the premium beverage package for $20 more per day per person.

Just saw this. How does it compare to the old O Life? Need time to process this. Very confused Let me know if you think this is a good deal or not. Thanks

From what I see the old promo included PPG, limited # of excursions & internet

so now it looks like you can choose beverage package or OBC instead of the PPG

I guess people have to do the math to see what works best for them

I'm trying to get my head around this, here is the wording from the Oceania press release,

"The OLife Choice promotion provides guests with complimentary amenities that enhance their Oceania Cruises vacation, including free unlimited internet access and a choice of a beverage package, free shore excursions or a shipboard credit. The number of complimentary shore excursions offered and the amount of shipboard credit is dependent on the length of the cruise - ranging from three shore excursions or a $300 credit for voyages up to nine days to five shore excursions and $500 credit for sailings 14 days or longer."

The way I read that is that you get the internet, then take your choice between drink package, shipboard credit or excursions.

If that's the case 5 excursions each on a 15 day cruise would be 10 x $130(good average) for $1300, or a drink package at 39.99 a day x 2 x 15 = $1199.7, or you can have $500

I hope I'm reading it wrong but I think that's what it says there.

Right now on a 17 day cruise I get 5 excursions each, Unlimited internet, and $250 OBC in lieu of grats since we became Silver after a certain date.

I think it was better before, especially if you were grandfathered in at the old date on grats.

But it does address those that wanted the option of a credit instead of taking the excursions. Although the shipboard credit is less than the value of the beverage package or the excursions. But the drinks or the excursions probably costs Oceania less, unless you use your OBC for drinks.

It also addresses the double and triple dipping on PPG, which was probably getting pretty steep for those grandfathered in at the old daily rate.

Those that might know can let me know if I'm wrong.

Edited by ORV

ORV,

I think you got it right - at least the way I read it.

Personally, I would take the 5 excursions (times 2) over a $500 OBC. As we don't drink, that package is not a consideration for us.

We often get a second PPG from the TA (we already get one with status) which would be in full value for us - more than enough OBC (together with the status OBC).

ORV,

I think you got it right - at least the way I read it.

Personally, I would take the 5 excursions (times 2) over a $500 OBC. As we don't drink, that package is not a consideration for us.

We often get a second PPG from the TA (we already get one with status) which would be in full value for us - more than enough OBC (together with the status OBC).

FYI..The OBC is per person...

Jancruz1

OOPS missed the part that the free excursions were an option

But as Jan posted it would be pp not per cabin

5 excursions each on a 15 day cruise would be 5 x $130(good average) for $650, or a drink package at 39.99 a day = approx $600 or you can have $500

We also get the Loyalty status PPG on top of the other perks or an amount in lieu of the PPG

either way we have a lot of shopping we can do :D

Edited by LHT28

I assume both parties in a cabin have to pick the same option?

I would not think so

If DH did not want to do excursions & I did that would be a deal breaker

Both parties do not have to get a beverage package now do they ???

In the O Excursion package,does anyone know, if there are 5 excursions in one port do you have a choice of any of the 5? Or are there specific tours dedicated to just the O excursion.

There will be a dollar limit on them, just not sure what.

I'd be willing to bet none of the OC or OE tours will be included.

I would not think so

If DH did not want to do excursions & I did that would be a deal breaker

Both parties do not have to get a beverage package now do they ???

The answer from Oceania is:

"Both guests in the stateroom have to choose the same option."

So yes, if you choose the drink package you both have to opt for it. If you're buying it that's another story.

In the O Excursion package,does anyone know, if there are 5 excursions in one port do you have a choice of any of the 5? Or are there specific tours dedicated to just the O excursion.

If you are talking about the excursion package you buy, The Unlimited Passport Collection, not the one that is included in O life, there are some tours that have an additional supplement.

There will be a dollar limit on them, just not sure what.

I'd be willing to bet none of the OC or OE tours will be included.

In the old O life, the OC & OE excursions were not included but there was no $ limit on excursions chosen otherwise.

I would assume that this will be the case for the new O life as well?

This is all very confusing. We ended up booking a group rate with our TA for our upcoming cruise. We don't drink a lot and prefer our own excursions. This was cheaper for us then an O Life promotion (we received a lower price, shipboard credit and pre paid gratuities).

I assume this promotion is only available if you choose the "inclusive" pricing.

Can anyone clarify this ?

My cruise had PPG included by O...I wonder if that will disappear come January 1st? If so, I might as well stay with the previous deal and keep the excursions.

The excursions didn't have a high monetary value for me since we were just going to use them in place of public transportation to sites. But, they do make things a lot easier logistically and that's hard to put a value on.

The answer from Oceania is:

"Both guests in the stateroom have to choose the same option."

So yes, if you choose the drink package you both have to opt for it. If you're buying it that's another story.

I bet if you ask a different person there it would be a different answer :D

My cruise had PPG included by O...I wonder if that will disappear come January 1st? If so, I might as well stay with the previous deal and keep the excursions.

The excursions didn't have a high monetary value for me since we were just going to use them in place of public transportation to sites. But, they do make things a lot easier logistically and that's hard to put a value on.

If your cruise is booked already, it will remain as is unless you change it to new benefits.

At least, that is what I think.

I bet if you ask a different person there it would be a different answer :D

I've never known my TA to be wrong. I'd take it to the bank. Just saying.

I'm pretty sure they don't deal with the same customer service agents anyone else calling would talk to.

I've never known my TA to be wrong. I'd take it to the bank. Just saying.

I'm pretty sure they don't deal with the same customer service agents anyone else calling would talk to.

Well I guess you have a definite answer then

time will tell if they are correct ;)