New O Life promo coming

LHT28

What the heck is PPG Pittsburgh Plate Glass? ,

I have booked,(same agent asORV) for 2017, 3 cruises all offering the O lifeof the current program

I think a lot depends on the region your sailing in. Some areas like the SO Pacific the depth of touring resources is slim and either you take the ships tours or thats it....there ain't no more or that people with tour contracts wont accept independent touring that would endanger their relation. Too, there are some places in the world where security of a ships tour is very important and you as an independent wont have...

Lots of factors. availability,security,language,etc

However,doing the O life in 2016, compared towhat I could do is ,for me an excellent deal

O-Life offerings are different in Europe: We were offered the gratuities, one internet account and a standard beverage package per person. No excursions. But since we don't take too many excursions that didn't matter. We will upgrade to the Premium Beverage package and that will cost us less than before as a result. Not a bad deal all in all I think.

Are you saying that the new promo has 300-500 OBC per person? Cant see that anywhere in the links provided.:confused:

I guess the description of the NEW PROMO is all PP is what Jan is saying

The number of complimentary shore excursions offered and the amount of shipboard credit depends on the length of the cruise—ranging from three excursions or a $300 credit for voyages up to nine days, to five excursions and $500 credit for sailings 14 days or longer.

In the the other O Life Promo the Excursions & PPG were PP but Free Internet was per cabin

***(I think the free excursions AND OBC for the 14 day+ cruises is probably should be OR)

Edited by LHT28

My wife and I have already booked a cruise on Oceania for next year which do not include any of the O'life promotions mentioned above. I called my travel agent to ask her if that promotion applied to our upcoming cruise on Riviera next year. She said she would call Oceania which she did. She stated that Oceania told her to call the revenue department on Monday, in order to find out what the charge would be. She stated that Oceania indicated to her that our cost for the cruise would probably go up if we wanted to take advantage of the promotion. Does anyone know if that is Oceania's policy to indicate to their customers that this is free, when it fact there is a charge to customers who have already booked to raise the price? :confused:

My wife and I have already booked a cruise on Oceania for next year which do not include any of the O'life promotions mentioned above. I called my travel agent to ask her if that promotion applied to our upcoming cruise on Riviera next year. She said she would call Oceania which she did. She stated that Oceania told her to call the revenue department on Monday, in order to find out what the charge would be. She stated that Oceania indicated to her that our cost for the cruise would probably go up if we wanted to take advantage of the promotion. Does anyone know if that is Oceania's policy to indicate to their customers that this is free, when it fact there is a charge to customers who have already booked to raise the price? :confused:

Well, first of all, nothing on board is "free", the correct term is "included" as the cost for all these "free" things is included in the price you pay.

What they are doing is the same as they did when the first promo came out and people who wanted to add O Life mostly had to pay a bit more. The reason is that they are bringing up the total of what you pay to the new price for the cruise which most likely increased to account for the extra costs of the "free" items.

When the first O Life Promo came out people reported that the prices for the cruises with O Life increased and most likely the same has now occurred with the new program. You can get an idea of what you might need to pay extra by comparing the cost of your cruise today with what you paid and most likely the price today is higher than what you paid.

Hope this helps and explains things.

We had booked a September 2016 cruise well before OLife was announced. We took advantage of the extra benefits including four excursions but were required to pay an extra amount - I think around $240 per person but not sure of exact figure.

...and like Sunnies, paid an extra $ amount of about $200 per person and received the "free" internet & 5 shore excursions. Already had PPG & OBC from our TA.

We did this "re-booking" in mid-December and will probably leave it as is despite the upcoming promo.

I have no objection to Oceania raising their prices for the O'life promotions for customers who have already booked a cruise. However, I think that they should state that the price that those who have already booked a cruise may or will go up if they take advantage of that promotion. Isn't that only fair?

...and like Sunnies, paid an extra $ amount of about $200 per person and received the "free" internet & 5 shore excursions. Already had PPG & OBC from our TA.

We did this "re-booking" in mid-December and will probably leave it as is despite the upcoming promo.[/quote

Actually, after re-reading an earlier post about those with the expiring O Life being grandfathered into the new promo, maybe we will now get another amenity, i.e., more OBC or drinks pkg. Can anyone confirm?

Can it be that the prices would become lower on Jan 1? I mean, the amenities in current the promo certainly looks more valuable than the one that starts on Jan? At least for us in Europe (free prepaid gratitues, internet and house beverage package).

Can it be that the prices would become lower on Jan 1? I mean, the amenities in current the promo certainly looks more valuable than the one that starts on Jan? At least for us in Europe (free prepaid gratitues, internet and house beverage package).

I have not seen prices drop when they add a new promo but maybe in Europe it happens

Is the new promo offered in Europe usually they have different perks or maybe the new promo is to give everyone no matter what Country the same options

I would check the prices today for the cruise then check Jan 1st then decide if you want to switch (if you have a cruise booked )

I have not seen prices drop when they add a new promo but maybe in Europe it happens

Is the new promo offered in Europe usually they have different perks or maybe the new promo is to give everyone no matter what Country the same options

I would check the prices today for the cruise then check Jan 1st then decide if you want to switch (if you have a cruise booked )

Haven't booked yet, but are very close doing so:)

When a cruise I have booked showed the O promotion, I had my TA call Oceania to find out about my booking. We were told that it would be $1350 pp to add the promo. I nearly had a stroke.

I do see where the cruise I booked is more than when I booked, but not that much that I could figure. Anyway, they have the coins figured out.

When a cruise I have booked showed the O promotion, I had my TA call Oceania to find out about my booking. We were told that it would be $1350 pp to add the promo. I nearly had a stroke.

I do see where the cruise I booked is more than when I booked, but not that much that I could figure. Anyway, they have the coins figured out.

Did you really expect something that is advertised as free would actually be available to you at no or less actual cost that it actually costs the cruise line????

These "free" extras are meant to increase profits and not give you something for "free".

On another cruise line they added a 25% off promotion after we had booked and asked out TA to see if we could be included in the promotion even though we highly doubted it since our category was completely booked and were pleasantly surprised that they honored the promotion but, at the higher current price. Still saved a considerable amount of money. Just like airlines, it is a very rare time when tickets already purchased are reduced in price.

No..

Jancruz1

I asked my travel agent to call Oceania because of a cruise we had booked for Sept. 2016 to find out what the O promotion would be for our ten day cruise. She called Oceania, and called me back to tell me that for prepaid gratuities, free internet and 4 free excursions it would be one thousand four hundred and forty nine dollars for each of us. I said no way. She also stated, she agreed, and that we were better off not taking it. She also stated the regular price, without the Oceania promotion was one thousand seventy hundred fifty dollars. As I stated, we turned down Oceania's offer.

I asked my travel agent to call Oceania because of a cruise we had booked for Sept. 2016 to find out what the O promotion would be for our ten day cruise. She called Oceania, and called me back to tell me that for prepaid gratuities, free internet and 4 free excursions it would be one thousand four hundred and forty nine dollars for each of us. I said no way. She also stated, she agreed, and that we were better off not taking it. She also stated the regular price, without the Oceania promotion was one thousand seventy hundred fifty dollars. As I stated, we turned down Oceania's offer.

This may or may not apply to you but in the past the O Life was available for veranda (or concierge) and above only. In those cases to get O Life for those that were in oceanview and below, they had to pay the category upgrade as well as O Life. Otherwise to upgrade O Life only in same category tended to run around $200 to $400/pp, depending on the length of the cruise.

I know that this was the case for 2 of our cruises that we upgraded to O Life

I'm confused. Has the price of a cabin really gone up that much since your original booking? If not, and you are not yet at final payment, can't you just cancel and rebook if you like the package?

We have the package just because it was there when we booked but my understanding is that there isn't currently an option to take cash instead of the package-not like the included air, which you can decide not to take. I would rather take $1000 plus in cash, if I had the choice.

Mary

This may or may not apply to you but in the past the O Life was available for veranda (or concierge) and above only.

You may have something there

The new Promo starting Jan 1st states it is open to all no matter what cabin you book