Summit cruisers...I am shocked!

JRA1708

I am more than a little surprised by the lack of reviews for the improved Summit after Drydock refurbishment. I couldn't wait for people to start posting, and to me it has been very modest (my opinion). We will be sailing on the Summit next month, in a RS and was hoping for some pictures or views on what they thought of the upgrades.

I am more than a little surprised by the lack of reviews for the improved Summit after Drydock refurbishment. I couldn't wait for people to start posting, and to me it has been very modest (my opinion). We will be sailing on the Summit next month, in a RS and was hoping for some pictures or views on what they thought of the upgrades.

I notice that your previous cruises were on Carnival, keep in mind they have like three times as many ships so probably a lot more reviews.

We just returned from our cruise on the Summit on April 16th. I'm working on my review and should post it over the next few days.

Just to whet your whistle, we found the ship to be in great shape and thought the service was the best we have ever seen on Celebrity.

We stayed in a C2 Balcony so no upgrades to speak of in our room. Most of the changes around the ship were not really visible, however I will say that the solarium is fantastic. New decking, refreshed pool and hot tubs and new furniture make it a very cozy place to spend an afternoon.

We LOVED the rooftop terrace. A great place to relax any time of the day or night. Drink service was a bit slow up there, but we just brought a drink up with us and the Sunset Bar wasn't too far away. We watched the final round of the Masters on the big screen and it was awesome. During sailaways they had live entertainment and in the evenings they showed movies. One evening they had a movie and food pairing event. We didn't attend, but heard it was quite good. Although it wasn't finished, they are also putting in an elevator for those that need assistance getting up to deck 12.

We had dinner at Tuscan Grill on the first night and got a 20% discount. The restaurant is lovely and the food and service was excellent.

More to come,

Linda :o

Would love to see some pictures of the new Tuscan Grill...we cruise in a RS every Jan. and eat all our dinners in Normandie which is no longer there! Hope that the replacement lives up to that same standard of service and food quality that we have enjoyed over the years. Please, give us some much needed feedback...and how are the Royal Suites given their refurbishment???:)

Thanks for sharing your photos. We will be sailing in 9070 on Summit May 15th. Getting anxious!

By the way, did you enjoy the food in Blu? This will be our first time with Blu - first time with Celebrity.

Edited by grangerguy

I only wish I could post pictures of the updated Royal Suite!

We found Summit to be in very nice shape. There have been no changes to other than top suites cabin-wise, so don't get your hopes up there. But that said, our room was in fine shape.

The T-pool area update was very nice. Two complaints (and I only mention them to be more fair and balanced as the saying goes) - they removed those nice big 'faucets' that would spray water on your head, neck or shoulder area. Used to love those to get the kinks out. Also, they had a tendency to keep the water level lower than normal so when you were laying on the nice side beds in the pool you were mostly out of the water. Very much like the new flooring (almost killed myself slipping a couple times on previous cruises), and the new cushions on the furniture.

Tried Tuscan and was very happy with it. Very nicely designed, good food, great service. We had not been to Tuscan in a long, long time and was a bit disappointed that they no longer have the fantastic onion soup (DH's favorite or I wouldn't have noticed), nor the chocolate fondue for desert (my favorite). But overall I would go again in a heartbeat. All we could get was a 20% discount (which was not that much considering we would get 15% already due to Captains Club perks at our level), which I found strange as the restaurant was literally only half full the night we were there - so don't expect the 50% off you sometimes read about. We did not try Qsine this trip.

The movie area was nicely designed. Only issue is for the poor folks who booked AQ cabins on Deck 11 (which we have for an upcoming 15 day cruise in the spring and can't change as they are now all sold out:(). What used to be a quiet area is now inundated with noise at various times. Aft facing cabins get a double whammy - music from the bar below competing with noise from the movies above. I understand it does not impact inside the cabin, but kills the nice quiet evenings on the balcony we so look forward to.

If I am not mistaken, some public areas like Rendezvous and the forward lounge (name escapes me) got upholstery updates, and possibly carpeting as well.

We found food at dinner to be better than average, and we had great service in select dining (and a great cabin steward as well). The buffet was the buffet. They no longer 'plate' items thank goodness, but we got a little tired of alot of the same menu items each day (and I am talking main course type items - one would expect certain things like lunch meat to be there every day). The pizza was AWFUL most days - and being from the Chicago area I know my pizza:).

Entertainment was good, if not great. They had two comedians who were entertaining and the production shows were ok - the singers had good voices and the dancers did a fine job. But nothing too exciting in the way of shows other than iMagic, which was leaving the ship after our sailing.

Overall, very satisfied with our cruise.

Thanks for sharing your photos. We will be sailing in 9070 on Summit May 15th. Getting anxious!

By the way, did you enjoy the food in Blu? This will be our first time with Blu - first time with Celebrity.

We LOVED the food in Blu. It was our first Celebrity cruise as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Where is Tuscany located?

If you mean Tuscan Grille, it would be located on deck 3, just aft

of Guest Relations near the mid ship elevators. It has replaced

Normandie, which was one the best specialty restaurants in the

fleet (In my opinion).

Edited by Lois R