Cruise Now booking and perks not being honored?

dprice70

I have a question and was hoping for some recommendations.

During our cruise in September 2016 Celebrity was offering a deal with 50% off for the second guest plus OBC and a reduced deposit of $100.00 per person. The future Cruise team booked us on a future cruise they picked out to take advantage of the offer and we received the booking confirmation the final night of the cruise. The representative confirmed multiple times that we could move the reservation to another cruise, just keep the booking number the same. We have done this before with no problems.

The top paragraph states "book now and secure your benefits" that goes on to say they will book a cruise for us and when we return home to call our TA or Celebrity to change the reservation. "the reservation is fully flexible, transferrable to any ship/sail date, and refundable".

I called to change to a different cruise and Celebrity is saying they cannot change the cruise without losing the perks as offer is no longer available. My TA even had the issued sent to Celebrity resolutions where they said no.

For those of you that were able to book this deal in September, am I missing something?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Debra

Debra,

I haven't done this, so I can't speak from actual experience. However, when you booked your cruise you essentially entered into a contract with Celebrity. Each party has obligations. You have to read everything you received in writing though, even the small print. There may be conditions under which Celebrity does not have to meet the obligations to transfer the perks. It is really irrelevant what anyone verbally promised you or what any customer service person says. What counts is what is written.

I urge you to look over any documents you have, beyond the marketing words, and see if they have any exceptions (also popularly known as loopholes).

I am not really trying to imply this is a bait and switch but I am sure it feels like it. We've found that when you purchase a cruise while on a cruise, in moving to another itinerary, those same exact perks have to be available to the general public to receive them.

I don't know if they are trying to deceive you onboard, but they sure do seem to do the hard sell and then when you push them on it for the details, you finally arrive at the correct answer, which is, those perks are null and void when moving to another cruise if not offered on that new sailing. I finally got one to admit it to me but it was like pulling teeth to get that information out of him. Better there, though, than not knowing and feeling duped later.

But, you should be able to get your onboard credit if you didn't already take it on your previous cruise.

We have booked "phantom" cruises before. The future cruise agent was very clear and stated that if you change the reservation to another sailing you will be eligible for whatever perqs are available at that time but your OBC for booking during a cruise will carry over.

Sorry this happened to you but.......the bottom line is.....GET IT IN WRITING......people make mistakes and if you want to hold Celebrity to the mistakes of the agents you must be able to prove that your version of events is the correct one.

During our cruise in September 2016 Celebrity was offering a deal with 50% off for the second guest plus OBC and a reduced deposit of $100.00 per person. The future Cruise team booked us on a future cruise they picked out to take advantage of the offer and we received the booking confirmation the final night of the cruise. The representative confirmed multiple times that we could move the reservation to another cruise, just keep the booking number the same. We have done this before with no problems.

The top paragraph states "book now and secure your benefits" that goes on to say they will book a cruise for us and when we return home to call our TA or Celebrity to change the reservation. "the reservation is fully flexible, transferrable to any ship/sail date, and refundable".

I called to change to a different cruise and Celebrity is saying they cannot change the cruise without losing the perks as offer is no longer available. My TA even had the issued sent to Celebrity resolutions where they said no.

For those of you that were able to book this deal in September, am I missing something?

Debra

What cruise are you trying to move the booking to? Is it a TA, TP or repositioning cruise as these are normally excluded from receiving the perks from a tranferred booking.

A TA, TP or repositioning cruise are excluded and I was informed of this. This was from one 14 day cruise to another 14 day cruise.

I kept a copy of the offer and have been over it several times. I would lose the free Go better perks as sailing is after a certain date. The biggest frustration is losing the half off for second passenger benefit.

Hoping that the Celebrity Social Media person will see this and contact me. Other than calling Captains Club until I get someone that can help, is there someone that I can contact so I understand why.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Debra

I had booked an Alaska cruise for august 2016 with the old 1-2-3 go package on it. I had to move this cruise and was able to move it to any sailing which had been originally included in the 1-2-3- offering when I booked, so I booked a trip for Feb 2017 and kept my perks. (This is what I was told when I originally booked the Alaska trip onboard and again when I moved it).

the only thing that I can suggest is to find out what cruises had the same perks available when you originally booked the trip and book one of those. (BTW, a good travel agent helps in these negotiations !!! )

Steve

We also booked a future cruise on the Silhouette last September. At the time we had no idea of what we wanted to do or when we wanted to do it because we had just found out that a new grandchild was on the way. On the advice of the Celebrity Future Cruise agent we worked with we booked a Panama Canal trip for April of 2018, made the $200 deposit, got all kinds of benefits and at the same time had the cruise assigned to our big box TA. Once we got home, got a better time frame on the new arrival and looked over the offerings out of Venice we picked a cruise in Sept 2017 that fits for us. I called the TA, spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them while they worked out the swap and we ended up with all of our perks and a better deal than Celebrity offered. So, yes, it worked fine for us.

An issue about offering advice on forums like this is that we don't have all the information. We have one side or a précis of one side of a problem and a précis of what the response is. We are not in a position to resolve issues between a passenger and the cruise line. There are avenues open to the passenger most of which have been identified and until it runs its course it is not proper to start complaining about what may or may not happen downstream. Whilst on face value the OP may have a case we haven't seen the documentation. Experience tells me that in most instances when someone feels aggrieved we get about 80 - 90% of the true facts and its the remaining 10% the crucial info lacking. Terms and conditions of any offer need to be read carefully and they also need to be followed to the letter because if one deviates it provides the company with an out should they wish to do so. Best of luck in finding a solution

After spending time talking with Captains Club, they have advised the half off 2nd guest perk is not transferable to another cruise unless I had changed the booking during the promotion. They apologized for the misleading information provided by the Future Cruise Team and the fact that the booking offer and confirmation did not disclose the warning.

I have cancelled the booking as OBC is not enough to keep it and expressed my displeasure with the situation. It looks like my last Celebrity cruise will be a transpacific from Japan in 2018 already booked. So disappointing.

Debra

After spending time talking with Captains Club, they have advised the half off 2nd guest perk is not transferable to another cruise unless I had changed the booking during the promotion. They apologized for the misleading information provided by the Future Cruise Team and the fact that the booking offer and confirmation did not disclose the warning.

I have cancelled the booking as OBC is not enough to keep it and expressed my displeasure with the situation. It looks like my last Celebrity cruise will be a transpacific from Japan in 2018 already booked. So disappointing.

Debra

We have cruised on 2 other lines in the last 5 years besides Celebrity. Neither of the on ship products came close to what we get from Celebrity. Good Luck.

A TA, TP or repositioning cruise are excluded and I was informed of this. This was from one 14 day cruise to another 14 day cruise.

I kept a copy of the offer and have been over it several times. I would lose the free Go better perks as sailing is after a certain date. The biggest frustration is losing the half off for second passenger benefit.

Hoping that the Celebrity Social Media person will see this and contact me. Other than calling Captains Club until I get someone that can help, is there someone that I can contact so I understand why.

Thanks for all the feedback.

The reason that you are not getting the 1/2 off of the second person deal is because when that promotion was running they doubled the price of the cruise and then discounted the second person to the price the cruise was selling for just a day before the promotion started. In other words it really wasn't a sale for most sailings. Had you booked the day prior to the sale you would have been paying close to the same as when the buy one get the second 1/2 off was running. When that promotion ended the prices dropped back down to normal and they eliminated the 1/2 off for the second person. There were a few threads on this topic when it happened. I have read too many of these types of threads that I will never book a cruise on a ship. It's just not worth it. I would rather be spending my vacation time enjoying the ship and not worrying about all of the loopholes involved in booking a future cruise.

Edited by Iamcruzin