Silent Party? Not if you are in the rooms below the solaruim Equinox

mfrc

Slick marketing and shameless hype to pedal the LEAST desirable cabin locations by appealing to "the snob factor???" :rolleyes:

NNOOO... surly NOT !!!??????

They did it first with Concierge Class...no one wanted the cabins with the overhang...so they made it "special" and more expensive! And then it evolved with AQ....

Takes alot of research and "sticky note" cabin review to find a good choice..and sometimes you just get stuck...even some cabins between decks have issues..banging service doors, window washing equip, parked service carts...whooshing noises.

We have been fairly lucky and are sorry those under the solarium have been affected on their curent cruise.

So they couldn't hold pool parties after 10 either? There are cabins below it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's why we moved from that location under the bandstand on Connie as soon as we could,..we could go to the parties but prefer quiet evening on our balcony...

what is a Silent Party?

The silent dancing has the dancers wearing headphone and selecting what music to dance to. Thus there is no music heard by anyone other than the dancers.

But as the OP for this thread experienced, feet can still make noise.

It can be amusing to look in on this event and see a number of couples dancing around to different music styles without you hearing any of the music.

They most likely were using the sky lounge for the disco that goes on after the live band. We've seen them host the silent disco in the martini bar but then people danced round the bar and you couldn't get a drink. We've seen them use the atrium but they were running out of space. When they dd it in the solarium in January there were about 10 of us and as nobody else came we gave up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On most of our cruises in the past 3 years or so there has been at least one late night event in the Solarium. Most have had music as well as dancing. I hope for your sake this is the only event in the Solarium on your sailing.

We avoid cabins under public areas but even that is no guarantee. On a cruise 2 years ago the people above us seemed to do jumping jacks every morning at 6:30am and again at night.

those newly weds aren't jumping jacks ;)

The issue was the jumping up and down that honestly you would think someone was coming through the ceiling.. They have two designated areas on the ship for dancing ..the club and sky lounge.. I don't see why they would choose a space that is predominately a quiet area with very few noises heard in the cabins below...It started at 10:30 and ended at midnight...

Maybe they wanted some variety in the venue? I think the Solarium would be a great place to have a party.

I agree with the comment that no matter where things are held, someone will always be upset if there is any bit of noise. Even with cabins above and below, there can be plenty of noise from the cabin next door or above. I don't think there is every any way to truly ensure that your cabin will be 100% noise-free after 10 pm. Solution might be ear plugs and a white noise machine.

When we paid for AQ on the hump..not realizing about the dj, deck dancing zumba etc, we did not intend to bring earplugs and a white noise machine..

That location was more than a bit of noise and having heard it first hand I sympatize with the OP under the solarium party ..More than a petty noise issue

I was on Equinox earlier this year and they had the second Silent Disco in the solarium. I had no problem with the time of day but it was insane to do it on the second evening chic when most people are dressing up and therefore wearing much heavier clothes than normal. It was hotter than Hades. If you're going to do it in the Solarium, pick another night, Celebrity!

Slick marketing and shameless hype to pedal the LEAST desirable cabin locations by appealing to "the snob factor???" :rolleyes:

NNOOO... surly NOT !!!??????

Aqua Class---"snob factor"? We book it only for Blu, not to impress anyone.

But I do agree that it is a good marketing strategy to get rid of those least desirable cabins. My husband, who sleeps through anything, is never bothered by noise from above and I rely on earplugs.

So they couldn't hold pool parties after 10 either? There are cabins below it as well.

I think that is inconsiderate of the staff, too, yes. They have a purpose-built room on every ship that would comfortably hold a dance party. If they don't want to or can't use it, then when they pick a different place, they need to be considerate of people who are trying to sleep at night when it's bedtime.

I think its a little much to complain about a pool party! Really! Pool parties haave been a part of the cruise experience since forever.

I agree; for years there have been those moaning about how dead Celebrity is, & when they try to liven it up, they get complaints. Perhaps they should market to the corpse crowd?

I was on Equinox earlier this year and they had the second Silent Disco in the solarium. I had no problem with the time of day but it was insane to do it on the second evening chic when most people are dressing up and therefore wearing much heavier clothes than normal. It was hotter than Hades. If you're going to do it in the Solarium, pick another night, Celebrity!
It is acceptable to change during Chic evening so you aren't wearing heavier clothes. That's what we did on Reflection. :)

Pool party on outdoor pool deck is great....we love to go...but being right under it was not so great , so we were glad we were able to move. .Now we know not to book under Solarium, aq spa cafe kitchen, etc etc etc...

.solarium was always a quiet spot after 10 pm....some folks cruise to relax, renew and rejuvenate....thus BLU, Solarium, spa , yoga and Relaxation room are offered,,...

unless one gets snagged with a bad noise issue, they have no concept of what it's like...

The first silent disco on Reflection was in the Sky Lounge and as this is smaller than on other Solstice class ships due the suites on the port side, and as it was so well attended and obviously not large enough. So the second was in the Solarium.

Hopefully, so that this activity doesn't offend anyone on our upcoming Eclipse TA, and as the Sky Lounge is larger, then it will be spacious enough to accommodate everyone. Failing that Eclipse has Quasar a purpose built venue, self contained for music.

Call me Cinderella but I always see 'up to midnight' as OK for lively activity time. We may not like the noise but we will live with it....so nice to see the cruise ships offering so many options to have fun. It may not be our 'cup of tea' but if someone else enjoys it....great!

Post midnight I do think ships, like shoreside resorts, need to have designated areas for activities that continue into the early hours...Celebrity seems to be keeping to this.

We do the research most guests do re rooms. If you do have any public area above you it is always a risk. However, neighbors can be an equal problem....crying babies, loud TVs, arguing couples would cause me more concern that people enjoying themselves...

No matter what room we are in, at sea or at a resort we always take earplugs!

I do feel sorry for the OP. If you think you have booked a quiet room it must be hard if it doesn't match your expectations.....However, guests board a cruise expecting a wide range of activities sometimes utilising the pool areas of the ship....some of the guests who disturbed the slumber of the OP may have rated the activity as a highlight of their cruise....

Can only agree with Cruisestitch that perhaps Celebrity could try to 'rate' in some way rooms likely to have some noise disturbance as they note cabins with 'obstructed views'.