DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

We enjoy the past guest party and will always come as it is right before dinner.

However cant imagine coming to one in the morning. My stomach would have words with me after.

Wonder why they didnt do it in the evening one for early seating and one for late?

I really can't remember the reason, logistics keeps running thru my head now when thinking back on it but..... I actually ran into John (literally the next day while returning to the ship). During a brief conversation, I asked him and he gave me an answer that rang true at the time.

I disagree. It's a party for earned status. If one doesn't have the status, they don't have the right to go to the party. if a spouse doesn't have the status, then the other spouse should simply forego the party if spouse #1 would feel bad about being left out.

And I recommend that ED's start to put together an Ala Carte for fees (no status exceptions) open bar, lounge, with LIVE music entertainment, social event for anyone who wants to pay and attend. No recognition party.

It's a pefect add that people want with revenue producing or break even results that is available to all passengers. Perhaps more than one of these fee based attendance social events per cruise with different themes or genre.

We still think it is a bummer that the firm got rid of the only sponsored social event for people with 29 to 75 days sailing on their ships, and this suggestion solves it.

Platinums will be losing their priority boarding status to be a reduce fee (less than $59) FTTF option, and their currently free laundry perk will be handed to the honorable servicemembers at end of year anyway. So, those realignments will help shape the future their perks/loyalty programs by 2016.

Edited by eponym

We still think it is a bummer that the firm got rid of the only sponsored social event for people with 29 to 75 days sailing on their ships, and this suggestion solves it.

Platinums will be losing their priority boarding status to be a reduce fee (less than $59) FTTF option, and their currently free laundry perk will be handed to the honorable servicemembers at end of year anyway. So, those realignments will help shape the future their perks/loyalty programs by 2016.

That would make lots of platinums rather unhappy:(

This would make me sad. May I ask is this just conjecture, or do you have a source for this information?

I would like to see the loyalty program as it now being totally disbanded. I, personally, have no use for the perks associated with the program since I usually travel with non-returnees and we all like to board at the same time and be treated equal.

So I don't do alcohol, find the "parties" boring, don't need priority anything, hand wash my own clothes, don't worry about being on the first tender, book early enough to always get my desired dining room sitting, and don't carryon anything I need to stash in my room right away, and whenever my luggage gets there I'm ok with it.

What I would like (other than the free cruise with short notice offer they send me every few months) is a program similar to sky-miles where I can build up loyalty points to use as discounts, no-cost upgrades, free fares, OBC etc. That, to me, would be a loyalty program worth having.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

I just got off the Carnival Pride yesterday (Sunday) and went to the party on Saturday. I am Platinum, btw. There were probably 80% less people than previous parties. The party started at 5:15 til 6pm and was in the Butterflies Lounge. The food was definitely better than in the past. They had sushi, some little rolls with shredded pork, little shrimp quiches, and mini crab cakes.

I just got off the Carnival Pride yesterday (Sunday) and went to the party on Saturday. I am Platinum, btw. There were probably 80% less people than previous parties. The party started at 5:15 til 6pm and was in the Butterflies Lounge. The food was definitely better than in the past. They had sushi, some little rolls with shredded pork, little shrimp quiches, and mini crab cakes.

That was our experience on the Conquest last week too. I counted about 30 people and the food was definitely better than previous experiences.

And I recommend that ED's start to put together an Ala Carte for fees (no status exceptions) open bar, lounge, with LIVE music entertainment, social event for anyone who wants to pay and attend. No recognition party.

It's a pefect add that people want with revenue producing or break even results that is available to all passengers. Perhaps more than one of these fee based attendance social events per cruise with different themes or genre.

Doesn't matter to me what they do with the recognition program. I pay for a cruise, not a loyalty program. As long as Carnival provides a good cruise at a fair price that's all I care about.

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I posted this on another thread but I'm also going to update my post here..

Hi everyone.. As promised, back from our Carnival Glory May 16th cruise and while I'm not going to write an official review, we had a great time... This is the 1st time they held the Past Guest Party for Platinum and Diamond passengers only....

What I am going to tell you about is as promised, the Past Guest Party. It was, and according to the CD Adam, will always be held on the last day (Friday @ 5:15 in the Ebony Cabaret Aft Lounge which is also where they have the Comedy Show.

The Carnival Glory this week had approximately 3000 passengers with 1100 of them being newbies, 133 Platinum and 7 Diamond. That means approximately 1760 Past Guest that were not included.

There are 2 entrances to the Ebony Cabaret and both were manned with Carnival Staff as well as the CD checking/asking for everyone's invitation. They took our invites and gave us all beads to wear around our neck. As info, just the name of the Platinum or Diamond member is printed on the invitation and there is no mention of AND GUEST and they didn't allow anyone to bring one in with them.

There was a live band with 2 singers and some dancing by the guests. We counted 61 people in the room, 4 servers and 3 bartenders. We were allowed and did order anything we wanted to drink with no problem at all. The servers came around with some appetizers which were Tart with tiny bay shrimp, California roll sushi slice, Black bean and rice thing and teeny tiny pulled pork sandwiches. Nothing to write home about.

Adam did a welcome speech and then introduced ALL the officers and the Captain did speak a few words. Only 4 of the Diamond Passengers were there, introduced with the # of days they had, and they, along with all the Officers took a picture on stage. Glenn, the Diamond Passenger who resembles Elvis Presley (maybe he really isn't dead and is cruising on Carnival !!) with 544 days also sang for us an Elvis song.... totally not needed

Did I like it? Yes and No... The fact the we could get food, drinks and seats was very nice but it didn't really feel like a "party"... Most people sat with whoever they were with and there was no mingling. And yes, there were a couple of single people sitting by themselves.

We got to see the same movie that they always show at the Past Guest Party and we got to clap for the ships we were on.

In closing, the time and day could be a little bit better. I enjoyed the "feeling special" part but seriously missed the true excitement of a party.... We were also told that they are still working on it and the "real and new changes" should be ready in a month.

But the one thing that they did check, and did make very clear, no guests would be allowed into the party without an invitation.....

Hi everyone.. As promised, back from our Carnival Glory May 16th cruise and while I'm not going to write an official review, we had a great time... This is the 1st time they held the Past Guest Party for Platinum and Diamond passengers only....

What I am going to tell you about is as promised, the Past Guest Party. It was, and according to the CD Adam, will always be held on the last day (Friday @ 5:15 in the Ebony Cabaret Aft Lounge which is also where they have the Comedy Show.

The Carnival Glory this week had approximately 3000 passengers with 1100 of them being newbies, 133 Platinum and 7 Diamond. That means approximately 1760 Past Guest that were not included.

There are 2 entrances to the Ebony Cabaret and both were manned with Carnival Staff as well as the CD checking/asking for everyone's invitation. They took our invites and gave us all beads to wear around our neck. As info, just the name of the Platinum or Diamond member is printed on the invitation and there is no mention of AND GUEST and they didn't allow anyone to bring one in with them.

There was a live band with 2 singers and some dancing by the guests. We counted 61 people in the room, 4 servers and 3 bartenders. We were allowed and did order anything we wanted to drink with no problem at all. The servers came around with some appetizers which were Tart with tiny bay shrimp, California roll sushi slice, Black bean and rice thing and teeny tiny pulled pork sandwiches. Nothing to write home about.

Adam did a welcome speech and then introduced ALL the officers and the Captain did speak a few words. Only 4 of the Diamond Passengers were there, introduced with the # of days they had, and they, along with all the Officers took a picture on stage. Glenn, the Diamond Passenger who resembles Elvis Presley (maybe he really isn't dead and is cruising on Carnival !!) with 544 days also sang for us an Elvis song.... totally not needed

Did I like it? Yes and No... The fact the we could get food, drinks and seats was very nice but it didn't really feel like a "party"... Most people sat with whoever they were with and there was no mingling. And yes, there were a couple of single people sitting by themselves.

We got to see the same movie that they always show at the Past Guest Party and we got to clap for the ships we were on.

In closing, the time and day could be a little bit better. I enjoyed the "feeling special" part but seriously missed the true excitement of a party.... We were also told that they are still working on it and the "real and new changes" should be ready in a month.

But the one thing that they did check, and did make very clear, no guests would be allowed into the party without an invitation.....

thanks for sharing

Sorry think Carnival made a mistake in doing this.

As a platinum member I'm happy to have the exclusivity. But I do feel sorry for the gold members, their perks got watered down pretty quick this year. They are only one free drink away from being a blue member actually.

I am glad that they changed the past guest party. The last time we cruised was on the Liberty and we were crammed into the room with what seemed like the whole ship like a bunch of cattle. I like to mingle and talk with people so a smaller party will make that easier. Hopefully they will have all the kinks worked out in December when we go on the Breeze.

As a platinum member I'm happy to have the exclusivity. But I do feel sorry for the gold members, their perks got watered down pretty quick this year. They are only one free drink away from being a blue member actually.

And a bottle of water. :p

No need to feel sorry for Gold members. They can be Platinum soon enough if they so choose. Myself, I only have 3 cruises to go before being Platinum and for the money, it's well worth it to stay with Carnival than to ever sail NCL again.

I am glad that they changed the past guest party. The last time we cruised was on the Liberty and we were crammed into the room with what seemed like the whole ship like a bunch of cattle. I like to mingle and talk with people so a smaller party will make that easier. Hopefully they will have all the kinks worked out in December when we go on the Breeze.

Past guest was never set up for mingling.

They sit you down in seats and you have to wait for servers to bring drinks and food. Nor more dancing or stage activities so it is kind of lame.

Doesnt affect us as we are Diamond but think they gave Golds a reason to play the field.

Good to hear they had better hors d'oeuvers--they've been terrible for a few years.

I will be one of those singles sitting alone [/color]since my cabin mate is not platinum. I have held off saying anything as yet until I heard some actual information regarding the new changes.

Glad that they are checking at the entrances. The size of the party had gotten out of control with people almost attacking waiters to get more and more free drinks and hardly a seat to be found.

I always have to wait for a non-alcoholic drink while those around me amass a sea of empty glasses and still demand more drinks.

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

I will be one of those singles sitting alone [/color]since my cabin mate is not platinum. I have held off saying anything as yet until I heard some actual information regarding the new changes.

Glad that they are checking at the entrances. The size of the party had gotten out of control with people almost attacking waiters to get more and more free drinks and hardly a seat to be found.

I always have to wait for a non-alcoholic drink while those around me amass a sea of empty glasses and still demand more drinks.

MARAPRINCE

What you quoted sounds very similar to Princess's Platinum/Elite event. Just a few drinks, some food and a few pays on the back.

These things always sound more special than they are in actuality.

Edited by SadieN