Blue information book

maggie.1008

Just off a wonderful Solstice Alaska cruise. Food in Bllu and service through out the ship was smashing. Weather was nice and that makes all the difference. This was our 4th Alaska cruise and first with good weather. Happy to answer any questions.

Did notice there was not a blue information book in our cabin. When I asked they said they do not have them anymore. Also no paperwork of final bill on the last night brought to cabin. Has anyone else noticed this ?

Just off a wonderful Solstice Alaska cruise. Food in Bllu and service through out the ship was smashing. Weather was nice and that makes all the difference. This was our 4th Alaska cruise and first with good weather. Happy to answer any questions.

Did notice there was not a blue information book in our cabin. When I asked they said they do not have them anymore. Also no paperwork of final bill on the last night brought to cabin. Has anyone else noticed this ?

I am curious as to why you would take four Alaskan cruises.

Do you plan different activities each time at the ports? It seems that you would wind up doing some of the same stuff over again?

We live near Palm Springs California and the temps are over 100 degrees all summer long. Like getting out of the heat. We have been to Europe for the last 10 yrs. and are getting tired of over seas travel. After 45 cruises we are trying to take most out of the West Coast. Cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu in Sept. on the Solstice.

.......Did notice there was not a blue information book in our cabin. When I asked they said they do not have them anymore. Also no paperwork of final bill on the last night brought to cabin. Has anyone else noticed this ?

On our Alaska cruise on the Millennium this summer, we had the blue book on the desk in the cabin and we received the final statement under our door on the last night.

If I had not received that final printout, I would have requested one from Guest Relations as I want to compare that final amount to the amount that shows up on my credit card statement.

There have been times where the charge that showed up on someone's credit card statement was higher than the amount on the final printout.

Usually it turns out to be a "mistake" -- often a minibar charge that is promptly removed if you call to report it.

But they probably figure that most people won't bother if it is only a small difference, or if they do not have the final printout from the ship for comparison. They simply glance at the amount on the credit card statement and figure it is close enough.

Edited by varoo

We did check our bill on TV on the final night but I was still expecting a printout under cabin door. I did not go to Customer Relations Desk as we had many Asian Guests that were paying in cash on the last night and the lines were very long.

I am curious as to why you would take four Alaskan cruises.

Do you plan different activities each time at the ports? It seems that you would wind up doing some of the same stuff over again?

As we live in Seattle. We have done the Alaska cruise 5 times. It is a cruise for us to just get away for a week. 2 times on HAL, 2 times on Celebrity and 1 time on RCL.

We did check our bill on TV on the final night but I was still expecting a printout under cabin door. I did not go to Customer Relations Desk as we had many Asian Guests that were paying in cash on the last night and the lines were very long.

Wondering if it would be worthwhile to take a quick snapshot of last page of bill on TV screen? At least it would be something that you would have in the event of a discrepancy.

We did our fifth Alaska cruise on the Solstice at the beginning of July. Also noticed that the book was gone. Just had paper, post card and room service menu on the desk. Never looked at the book anyway. Just put it in the cabinet because it was in the way on the desk. Also a germ catcher. I just checked the TV for our account. Also did not get a statement the last night.

Had rain all day in Ketchikan but nice walking and could not do the helipad in Tracys Arm because of rain. Other than that the temperature was perfect, mid 60's.

At least it was not 4 cruises to Alaska back to back to …

There are people who do the same itinerary in the Caribbean for weeks. I guess they really want to win the trivia contests!

I have seen the blue book on all of my cruises. Have I opened it is the question?

Everything is set up on the TV and no paper. If you want room service it has to be done on the TV. That would be impossible for my 84 yr. old dad. I guess it is to prevent germs but they still have other magazines in the cabin. In the future I will take a photo of last nights bill. Problem is charges for last night would not be on there. Seems charges show up pretty fast but credits take several days .

Hi Heather, I can't recall which cruises they were but I know I have not

received paperwork on the last evening before. I went to Guest Relations

and had them print me out one.

I have not gotten a paper shipboard account on my last 2 cruises. There is a Post Cruise Customer Service office that can send you a copy. I'm not at home, so I don't have the phone number with me, but I called them once and they sent me an e-mail with the account statement in about 20 minutes.

Carolyn

Standing in line should not be necessary.

On one cruise when we had not received our final printout on the departure morning, we just phoned Guest Relations to request one and they sent it right up to us.

I like to have that final printout of our ship charges and credits in my receipt folder together with all the other receipts from the trip (hotels, restaurants, excursions, rental car, store purchases, etc.).

It makes it so easy to compare/verify the charges that appear on the credit card statement when the receipts from the entire trip are all together in one place.

Blue book was on my Connie TA to Rome sailing this spring, It had even been updated with the New CEO's welcome message and had enhanced room service offerings.

I will say my printed bill has been hit and miss on my cruises, I get it 50% of the time. I DID get it on the Connie TA, but did not get it on my prior Summit sailing in January, but did get it on my Bermuda Summit sailing in August.

Everything is set up on the TV and no paper. If you want room service it has to be done on the TV. That would be impossible for my 84 yr. old dad. I guess it is to prevent germs but they still have other magazines in the cabin. In the future I will take a photo of last nights bill. Problem is charges for last night would not be on there. Seems charges show up pretty fast but credits take several days .

You can order room service by phone as well, this is what I do as I hate the TV and you can't do things like extra mayo, hold the onion etc. Or the TV has soup listed as "Soup of the Day" with no description of what soup it is .. that's helpful NOT.

I just call and order a hamburger or something that would normally be on a menu, and they can guide you through it. Kind of ask and you shall receive....