NCL/O question

cbb

If one is at a certain "level" with O, would one get those same benefits on an NCL cruise? (looking at a loop of Hawaii)

I did a search but couldn't find anything.....thanks!! c

Thanks computerworks!

I looked at the NCL website and couldn't find any mention of it, as well as looking through the various threads here on NCL.

Early on in the acquisition, Sheehan answered a question in an interview that there was no immediate plans to link loyalty programs, but it might be looked at in a year or so.

Now... no idea if that is still on the punch list. :p

As I've said before, there will be no merging of loyalty programs as long as it's so easy to get to the top level at NCL. I became Platinum at NCL after just two (2) cruises. The first was a 10 day cruise, booked at the last minute (just 8 days before the cruise), in a standard balcony. I received 10 loyalty points (NCL, like Regent and unlike Oceania, counts by the day). For my second cruise of 24 days, essentially a "Grand Voyage" in Oceania terms, I received 24 loyalty points for the number of days. I also received the same number of points for booking more than a year in advance, and I received the same number again for booking in a suite. Voila -- 72 points in one cruise, added to the 10 I already had. Platinum level is 75 points.

With Oceania, after cruise 169 nights on 10 cruises, I am finally Silver, and only half way to Platinum.

There is no possible way to reconcile the difference without seriously upsetting one group or the other. I can't describe how upset I would be if the plenitude of NCL cruisers who are Platinum would be automatically classed as Platinum for Oceania (and thus eligible for their free cruise!) And, I can't predict how upset NCL guests, who receive some of the best loyalty perks in the industry from their program, would be if they came to Oceania and were considered in a much lower status.

Oceania and Regent have been "sister" cruise lines for more than 7 years, and there has been no possibility of reconciling their loyalty programs. I would expect the same between Oceania and NCL, unless there is a MASSIVE reorganization of all the loyalty programs, which would simply upset everyone.

Edited by hondorner

Only shared benefit between the 3 lines is if you own 100 NCL shares then you get an OBC

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/index.cfm

However, be aware that the shareholder benefit is "not valid with any other offer." I just sent in a request for this benefit on four upcoming cruises and all were rejected due to my already having a "better current offer."

However, be aware that the shareholder benefit is "not valid with any other offer." I just sent in a request for this benefit on four upcoming cruises and all were rejected due to my already having a "better current offer."

Well that sucks if you are a shareholder

I am not rushing out to buy NCL stock then :D

Lyn

Well that sucks if you are a shareholder

I am not rushing out to buy NCL stock then :D

Lyn

Don't buy RCL for that benefit either: same restrictive rules. On the other hand, CCL is very generous with their shareholder benefit (you just have to sail on one of their ships ;)).

Don't buy RCL for that benefit either: same restrictive rules. On the other hand, CCL is very generous with their shareholder benefit (you just have to sail on one of their ships ;)).

Catch 22 :D

That is not happening either :D

• 4 weeks later...
Well, platinum on NCL ought not to equal platinum on Oceania but there's no reason another sort of perk level could not be built into the system.

And, exactly would that perk level look like? How many nights NCL equals one night on Oceania?

Yes, I had that happen. The TA ad said Gratuities and Internet included. Then I used my AMEX with the Oceania benefit. But the fare was a special last minute and while the fine print was elusive - all was rejected because we got a special fare. My TA was so upset that she gave me OBC to make up for it.