What was your BEST Caribbean port tour/excursion?

bluecruisin

I liked reading the other thread and have so many great ideas and hints for when we take a cruise abroad. Right now we are just doing Caribbean cruises, waiting for my DH to retire in a few years when we can take longer trips.I think we have already been to almost every port and are repeating ourselves and would love and appreciate any new ideas. Thanks in advance!!

I liked reading the other thread and have so many great ideas and hints for when we take a cruise abroad. Right now we are just doing Caribbean cruises, waiting for my DH to retire in a few years when we can take longer trips.I think we have already been to almost every port and are repeating ourselves and would love and appreciate any new ideas. Thanks in advance!!

We booked a private your of St. Maarten with Joyce Prince. Joyce was a lovely guide who took us to some great spots in St. Maarten. Included in that tour was a great lunch in Grand Case. We also added a perfume making experience at Tijon just outside Grand Case. We each made our own signature scent. I like mine so much I've had it refilled. It was a grand day.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Levi's tour in Dominica. We went all over the island, to the Emerald pool before all the cruise tours, to MR Nice fruit stand up in the jungle, to som hot springs, and the island is so lush! Beautiful people. Levi Bumping tours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have two:

1) Calabaza in Barbados - a full day on a private catamaran on a picture perfect day that included swimming with turtles, snorkeling at a shipwreck, a fabulous homemade lunch, and unlimited rum punch.

2) America's Cup Regatta Race in St. Maarten - another picture perfect day on the water. So fun to become a crew member for the day and race against another boat.

I also loved kayaking in the bio bay on a moonless night in San Juan.

I have two:

2) America's Cup Regatta Race in St. Maarten - another picture perfect day on the water. So fun to become a crew member for the day and race against another boat.

I .

Yes! That was my favorite. Had forgotten about that one. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have two:

1) Calabaza in Barbados - a full day on a private catamaran on a picture perfect day that included swimming with turtles, snorkeling at a shipwreck, a fabulous homemade lunch, and unlimited rum punch.

I also loved kayaking in the bio bay on a moonless night in San Juan.

Calabaza was definitely one of our favourites. Also, we rented a Spyder on St. Martin which was DH's favourite. In Ocho Rios, the Blue Hole and river tubing was fun. In Grand Cayman, swimming with the sting rays is a must. So many memorable days that it truly is difficult to choose. Have fun trying as many as you can!

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

We enjoyed two different train trips. One was the train trip in St Kitts. It was slow and easy through former sugar cane fields with the ocean in the distance. The tour included alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and some locals came and sang local music for us. The scenery was spectacular. For anyone who has watched the PBS series "Death in Paradise", the scenery was so similar to that, I feel as if I'd been to Guadeloupe where that series was filmed.

Others have stated in reviews that the tour is too long and too slow, but I thought it was so relaxing and peaceful. It is not an action-packed tour that many tourists crave.

The other tour was on a train Panama. It was the original but restored train used in the building of the Panama Canal. Again, the scenery was spectacular...very tropical. We did get off the train and go to various places for short visits, but I thought the best part was the train trip itself.

Eli's Eco Tour in Antigua! All day catamaran with some hiking, swimming, snorkeling, history lessons, food and drink. I believe the company is Adventures Antigua. Levi's tour in Dominica is second. Dominica looks a bit like Maui to me.

Having been to the Caribbean many times, we rarely take excursions anymore, but 2 do stand out. The first was a private tour on Antigua; can't recall the name of tge company but I think it was Gordon's. Took us to Shirley Heights (spectacular views) , Nelson's Dockyard, the famous rock bridge that had just recently collapsed, & had a 2nd van following us with homemade cake & 100 proof rum. A grand time was had by all!

The second tour was a Celebrity run tour from St. Kitts to Nevis, which included a local lunch, a short time at a beach, a stop at a beautful resort associated with Alexander Hamilton, & other stops. Beautiful boat ride over, and a warm, engaging guide helped make the day.

We don't have any plans to return to Caribbean in the near future as USD against GBP is bad, but hope to. With a few more recommendations this could be a good thread to keep.

We also enjoyed Pereira Tours in St Kitts, Lawrence of Antigua and Bernard's Tours in St Maarten.

I have two:

We did this when it was in Cozumel. Absolutely amazing way to spend the afternoon on the ocean.

Grandmannie7, What is a Spyder and from whom did you rent it?

I have to second the already recommended tours of Cosol's in St. Lucia and Bumpiing tours in Dominica. Both were unforgettable!

A Spyder is a motorcycle with 2 wheels on the front. Not sure if the company is still in business as they were changing hands and didn't have our reservation recorded. Since they had one available, we were able to rent it and toured the island on our own. DH was in his glory!

I also have to agree about Cosol tours on St Lucia. Absolutely amazing day!

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

I have 25 cruises under my belt and all but 2 are Carribbean. The best excursion I have ever taken has been cave snorkeling in Playa del Carmen. I booked it as an excursion for Cozumel while sailing Princess, and absolutely loved it. It was the coolest, scariest LOL (I'm a little claustrophobic) thing I have ever done. Would recommend it without hesitation.

In March we "chartered" a boat in St. Thomas through St. Thomas Boat Rental with 4 other people. We had a fabulous day on the water in St. John swimming and snorkeling at Caneel Bay, Trunk Bay and Maho Bay. We ate at Caneel Bay. They were great about arranging for transportation to the marina from the ship. They were very aware of needing to get us back to the ship on time. We were on the water at 8:30 and returned at 3:30 in order to be back in time. ( On the ship's tours to St. John you only spend an hour on the beach.)

I loved Bob Cass boat tours in St. Maarten - fast boats, lots of swimming and snorkeling time and great lunch.

I agree with Levi Bumping tours of Dominica and Calabazza Sailing in Barbados.

The other tour was on a train Panama. It was the original but restored train used in the building of the Panama Canal. Again, the scenery was spectacular...very tropical. We did get off the train and go to various places for short visits, but I thought the best part was the train trip itself.

Interesting how perspectives are different. That Panama Canal train tour qualifies as one of my worst tours. We didn't have enough time at any of the stops; the train broke down on the way back for an hour in the heat; and we didn't have time to shop in the port stores afterward.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have 25 cruises under my belt and all but 2 are Carribbean. The best excursion I have ever taken has been cave snorkeling in Playa del Carmen. I booked it as an excursion for Cozumel while sailing Princess, and absolutely loved it. It was the coolest, scariest LOL (I'm a little claustrophobic) thing I have ever done. Would recommend it without hesitation.

We did the Amazing River by Playa del Carmen on Celebrity ship tour. The entire tour is undergound which is really cool and truly amazing. The best part is that it's like we got the entire cave for ourselves... we only saw the other group there once and only briefly.

DSC_2304-EFFECTS.jpg.7a2ce6aa3cf75774f985874d25d55a82.jpg

My favorite tour in the Caribbean is my self guided tour in St Maarten......from liquor store to liquor store looking for the unusual (some Blanton's bourbon is only sold internationally and is available there) or inexpensive (eg. Stoli Elit vodka). Great tour....easy walking and since some of the shops give tastings, I sometimes remember getting back to the ship at the end of the day.