"Exciting Deals"

PSDottie

Every Thursday Celebrity publishes "exciting deals" for the following Tuesday and Wednesday. I called today to book one of the deals and the prices were higher on the two that I am interested in. I called Celebrity and they couldn't give me answer. Has this happened to anyone?

The only thing I can think of is that between the time the Xciting Deal were published and today they have sold a number of those specific cabins on sale, thereby limiting inventory and raising the prices.

I have not had it happen, but then I have not booked an Xciting Deal in a year or so.

As CruisingChick says, the category/offer probably had a limited number of cabins which may have been grabbed very early. Which cruise/category were you looking for?

I have also seen it where they are sold out and magically the cabin/rate appears later in the day.

Good luck.

And....last time I called for an Exciting Deal, it came without any perks. I am not sure if that is always the case but it was a deal breaker for me on that one I was looking into.

Could it be that it was higher in price because you were choosing some perks??

And....last time I called for an Exciting Deal, it came without any perks. I am not sure if that is always the case but it was a deal breaker for me on that one I was looking into.

Could it be that it was higher in price because you were choosing some perks??

Yes, that is always the case, no perks with Xciting Deals.

Frankly, I haven't found the "exciting deals" to be very exciting lately.

I agree.

I was interested in one of the Deals. Turns out it does not exist as advertized. In my email it is

7-Night Pacific

Coastal CruiseCelebrity Infinity®

Departing from Vancouver

On September 24, 2017Concierge Class Stateroom

Starting from

$1,299†*USD

But that sailing seems to be from LA, not Vancouver.

Frankly, I haven't found the "exciting deals" to be very exciting lately.

Hi Linda..

We have found a few.

We booked Summit recently for July 30 AQ for under $900

Summit Canada New England for $1299 for Ocean view

Eclipse November AQ 14 nights $1879.

Sure the only perks come from the TA.

While on Summit I tried to get the advertised price listed on the Exciting Deals and the onboard sales person would not even make a call when I showed her the print out. A call to my TA and she got the deal.

I had to send a screen shot of the prices to the 800 number before getting any of these deals. They don't have a copy...

When we booked Summit three weeks ago there were a total of 3 cabins available 1 inside, one AQ one Celebrity Suite (out of my league..)

I was interested in one of the Deals. Turns out it does not exist as advertized. In my email it is

7-Night Pacific

Coastal CruiseCelebrity Infinity®

Departing from Vancouver

On September 24, 2017Concierge Class Stateroom

Starting from

$1,299†*USD

But that sailing seems to be from LA, not Vancouver.

I see....I did notice the inside cabins for this sailing were going for $499 ... that deal lasted for less than a day. I was checking with my DH and poof ... gone! Good thing I hadn't had my heart set on it.

Hi Linda..

We have found a few.

When we booked Summit three weeks ago there were a total of 3 cabins available 1 inside, one AQ one Celebrity Suite (out of my league..)

Were those prices for one person or two people, and with or without taxes and port fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dottie.....just know if you book Aqua, you'll never go back to a 'standard veranda' again!!

That is exactly how I felt until X decided to charge double rate for AQ vs veranda..Back to veranda and spending $$ at specialty restaurants..

Hi Linda..

We have found a few.

While on Summit I tried to get the advertised price listed on the Exciting Deals and the onboard sales person would not even make a call when I showed her the print out. A call to my TA and she got the deal.

I had to send a screen shot of the prices to the 800 number before getting any of these deals. They don't have a copy...

Hi Arno,

Unfortunately, I'm on the October Summit Canada/New England, and, although the cruise is on the exciting deals page, the prices are not exciting. The September cruise prices are lower. Was hoping to upgrade to one of the 5 open FVs, but they want $1700 more. I booked this cruise several years ago when prices were more reasonable. There are quite a few cabins available, which is pretty surprising.

Glad you've been able to find some bargains. Enjoy! At Triple Zenith, I think they should let you dine in Luminae. Can't imagine that there are enough Triple Zeniths that it would impact the suite guest experience at all and I'll bet you'd cruise more.

Hi Arno,

Glad you've been able to find some bargains. Enjoy! At Triple Zenith, I think they should let you dine in Luminae. Can't imagine that there are enough Triple Zeniths that it would impact the suite guest experience at all and I'll bet you'd cruise more.

That would be a dream perk for hitting 9,000 pts!

Do you have a link to a web page where this pdf is found?

That IS the link. Just click on it if you want to see the Full URL. The URL never changes, the page just gets updated (usually the prior Friday/Saturday).