Just off the Crown...any questions!

mcgratru

[quote name='need2cruisesoon']Wouldn't it be nice if Princess actually put either the Royal or the Regal on the west coast. I mean just think cruising a fairly new ship to one of the old tubs we have to settle with on the left coast.[/QUOTE]

Aw, I feel bad for you! You should cruise out of FLL - lots of new ships!!

[quote name='need2cruisesoon']Wouldn't it be nice if Princess actually put either the Royal or the Regal on the west coast. I mean just think cruising a fairly new ship to one of the old tubs we have to settle with on the left coast.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!!! Send the Majestic here and send the Crown to China!

[quote name='jgpdx']Thank you to caribill, shredie & socal cruiser for the information. I will avoid the vegeburger when I am onboard.[/QUOTE]
As someone who enjoys veggie burgers does anyone know what brand Princess serves? Are these opinions being given by people who regularly eat and enjoy veggie burgers or did you try one and decide you don't like veggie burgers? I'm asking because if the opinions are being shared by people who like garden burgers then I will take your advice and pass.
Thank you

[quote name='sanmarcosman']As someone who enjoys veggie burgers does anyone know what brand Princess serves? Are these opinions being given by people who regularly eat and enjoy veggie burgers or did you try one and decide you don't like veggie burgers? I'm asking because if the opinions are being shared by people who like garden burgers then I will take your advice and pass.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

My grandparents were vegetarian and I was semi raised as one. I love a good vegeburger. My grandmother made them based on oats and nuts. She also made her own gluten burgers too. The brand I prefer is morning star grilled original. I can't abide gardenburger. The princess version is their own recipe. There is a mushy brown base into which they mix beans corn chopped vegs. The outside is fried slightly crisp. The inside is tasteless mush. I guess someone must like them since they keep making them. But I would rather eat dog food.

[quote name='shredie']My grandparents were vegetarian and I was semi raised as one. I love a good vegeburger. My grandmother made them based on oats and nuts. She also made her own gluten burgers too. The brand I prefer is morning star grilled original. I can't abide gardenburger. The princess version is their own recipe. There is a mushy brown base into which they mix beans corn chopped vegs. The outside is fried slightly crisp. The inside is tasteless mush. I guess someone must like them since they keep making them. But I would rather eat dog food.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the details, I believe you and will pass. ;)

[quote name='sanmarcosman']As someone who enjoys veggie burgers does anyone know what brand Princess serves? Are these opinions being given by people who regularly eat and enjoy veggie burgers or did you try one and decide you don't like veggie burgers? I'm asking because if the opinions are being shared by people who like garden burgers then I will take your advice and pass.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

My wife describes the Princess veggie burger as like mashed potatoes with veggies. She eats garden burgers at home & the Princess version is nothing like it.

It's 3:10 and the ship just experienced a power failure so only emergency lighting...hopefully it won't happen after sailing scheduled for 6:00.

[quote name='sanmarcosman']As someone who enjoys veggie burgers does anyone know what brand Princess serves? [/quote]

Either they put it together themselves or purchase something only available commercially. It is not anything you would find in a grocery store frozen section.

And what is served in the dining room is different from what is served at the burger counter near the pool.

[quote name='tetleytea']If I tell you, that's going to cost you 20 Crowns. Which country do you want to pay in--Norwegian, Swedish, or Danish? :sly:[/QUOTE]

The Norwegian currency is the Krone (NOK), Swedish is the Kronor (SEK) and the Danish is the Kroner (DKR). They do basically mean crown in English but that term is not used in those countries to identify their currencies......:)

[quote name='caribill']Either they put it together themselves or purchase something only available commercially. It is not anything you would find in a grocery store frozen section.

And what is served in the dining room is different from what is served at the burger counter near the pool.[/QUOTE]

Is the one in the dining room any better? I was so traumatized by my experience trying one at Trident Grill that I have been afraid to try one in the MDR . I generally love all sorts of veggie burgers .

[quote name='Princess&thePirate']In our world, it's still gangplank. Did u not see our name is the Princess & the Pirate...lol. Ps do u know if the "gangway" on deck 7 is forward, midway or aft? We're trying to plan how to get off the ship at the ports from our cabin p209 (deck 5 forward) thanks again![ATTACH]365472[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

It varies from port to port. I was on the Crown a week ago in a (very) forward cabin. At some ports I was able to walk down the forward staircase to walk off. Sometimes I had to exit amidship. Also the deck from which you exit/reboard can vary. In bigger ports (L.A. and S.F. on my cruise) adjustable "swithcback" ramps at the berth reach Deck 7. At the smaller ones, where there are no such facilities (Ensenada and S.D., for example) you actually depart and reenter the ship on Deck 4 or 5. In Santa Barbara we tendered ashore. You congregated in one of the Dining Rooms (aft on Deck 5 or 6) until it was your turn to board a tender.