RCCL Crown and Anchor crossover perks on Celebrity?

wingsrn123

We are Diamond level RCCL members and haven't cruised any other line. Curious about Celebrity and how our Crown and Anchor points would transfer over. Anyone cruise both lines and know how it works?

Hi Wingsrn,

You will receive reciprocal benefits at the Elite level with Celebrity. If you are using a TA, they will know what to do. If you booked direct, contact Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654, and they will assist you.

Here's a link to the Elite Benefits : http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

I hope this helps !

We are Diamond level RCCL members and haven't cruised any other line. Curious about Celebrity and how our Crown and Anchor points would transfer over. Anyone cruise both lines and know how it works?

Your points don't transfer over but you're granted equal status. As a Diamond member, you would be Elite on Celebrity and entitled to those perks. Before you ask, there is no balcony discount.

Thanks for the quick responses. Might just have to leave our comfort zone and try Celebrity.:)

I think you would like it. Elite members have some great perks including but limited to: some free laundry, 90 minutes of free internet per elite member, discounts on wine, evening cocktail parties etc. We love Celebrity. Give it try

Thanks for the quick responses. Might just have to leave our comfort zone and try Celebrity.:)

Definitely worth a try. We are RCCL D+ ( closer to Pinnacle than the bottom of D+) and we LOVED the Solstice . In fact, we booked the Equinox for a 12 night Med cruise.

You will see a definite difference ( for the better) in the level of service, food, and passenger attitude. I found just as many activities on Celebrity as RCCL and even thought the pool was lively.

We still book RCCL, but for our “special” trips, we will likely go to the Celebrity.

The Elite perks are (in my opinion) better than D on RCCL , and on par with D+.

enjoy

Hi Wingsrn,

You will receive reciprocal benefits at the Elite level with Celebrity. If you are using a TA, they will know what to do. If you booked direct, contact Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654, and they will assist you.

Here's a link to the Elite Benefits : http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

I hope this helps !

You will receive reciprocal benefits as Andy said but they do not combine them the points...

• 1 month later...

I am Platinum on RCCL. I have booked a cruise on Celebrity and attempted to enroll on line in the Captain's Club but got a message saying that I could not enroll and get a captain's club # because I had not yet completed a cruise with Celebrity. If I cannot enroll in the Captain's club until I complete my cruise then how can I get a status equal to my RCCL Platinum recognized on Celebrity? What Celebrity status would my RCCL status equate to???

...but you will see their perks are a bit better than Royal's Diamond ones !

Funny thing is, that is such a matter of perspective. I am an X die hard, but find the Diamond benefits of 5-8:30 happy hour and balcony discounts better that what X offers.

X does have a nicer cruise experience though.

I am Platinum on RCCL. I have booked a cruise on Celebrity and attempted to enroll on line in the Captain's Club but got a message saying that I could not enroll and get a captain's club # because I had not yet completed a cruise with Celebrity. If I cannot enroll in the Captain's club until I complete my cruise then how can I get a status equal to my RCCL Platinum recognized on Celebrity? What Celebrity status would my RCCL status equate to???

Kathy, call the Crown & Anchor Society http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUs.do?cS=NAVBAR, give them your membership number, and tell them you'd like to have a Captain's Club membership at Select status (to which you are entitled). Have your reservation number for your Celebrity sailing handy. That's what I did and I was in enrolled in Captain's Club within the space of a phone call and my Select coupon book was waiting for me in my cabin. :D

Kathy, call the Crown & Anchor Society http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUs.do?cS=NAVBAR, give them your membership number, and tell them you'd like to have a Captain's Club membership at Select status (to which you are entitled). Have your reservation number for your Celebrity sailing handy. That's what I did and I was in enrolled in Captain's Club within the space of a phone call and my Select coupon book was waiting for me in my cabin. :D

Thank you so much. I will call tomorrow

• 5 months later...

Great information - we too are Platinum on RCCL so will call and give our numbers to get select benenfits on our upcoming TA on the Eclipse.

BTW - It has been almost 10 years since our last Celebrity cruise - since then we have been doing mostly RCCL and Cunard. However, we have our old cards but they weren't recognized when we made our reservation. Does Celebrity expire the memberships. We were just classic but still that means we are on the scale before the cruise starts.

Great information - we too are Platinum on RCCL so will call and give our numbers to get select benenfits on our upcoming TA on the Eclipse.

BTW - It has been almost 10 years since our last Celebrity cruise - since then we have been doing mostly RCCL and Cunard. However, we have our old cards but they weren't recognized when we made our reservation. Does Celebrity expire the memberships. We were just classic but still that means we are on the scale before the cruise starts.

They don't expire however the computer systems do change and things get lost in the transition. I had the same problem with some of my early cruises but was able to provide proof that we were on the cruises....I was given credit for the cruises they did not have listed. I believe we have had three or four different Captains Club numbers over the years.

As a Diamond member, you can be recognized as Elite on Celebrity. However, this is not automatic; you need to call and get a Captain's Club number and have it added to your reservation. As others have said, make sure you have your C&A number handy, as well as your Celebrity cruise booking number, when you call them.

The points don't actually transfer or combine. In other words, your Celebrity cruise will not add any points to your C&A point total, so they won't help you get the additional points you need to become D+ on Royal.

We are Platinum on RCCL and called last year when we booked our Solstice Alaska cruise for our Celebrity Number and Status. They granted us Select status, which appears in our MyCelebrity information.

From what I understand, cruise point accrual starts from zero to get to Elite instead of from the Select threshold. Said another way, we would have to earn the 10 cruise points on Celebrity to make Elite. Although, while doing that we will enjoy the Select benefits due to our status on RCCL.

So, doing the math - we would need 10 sailings or 5 sailings in a Concierge Class or above in order to make Elite (unless we can get to Diamond on RCCL easier).

You also get an extra point if you are on a sailing or cruisetour of 12-nights or longer. I've only taken 2 Celebrity cruises so far but have 5 points. I did a 7-night sailing in a suite (2 points) and a 12-night sailing in a suite (3 points). In April I'm taking a 13-night cruisetour in a suite so I'll get another 3 points. You could reach Elite status with only 4 cruises.

I'm D+ from C&A so I get the Elite benefits now, but I like some of Celebrity's itineraries better than RC's so I've been sailing with them lately. I doubt I'll reach "Pinnacle" status on RC.

We are Platinum on RCCL and called last year when we booked our Solstice Alaska cruise for our Celebrity Number and Status. They granted us Select status, which appears in our MyCelebrity information.

From what I understand, cruise point accrual starts from zero to get to Elite instead of from the Select threshold. Said another way, we would have to earn the 10 cruise points on Celebrity to make Elite. Although, while doing that we will enjoy the Select benefits due to our status on RCCL.

So, doing the math - we would need 10 sailings or 5 sailings in a Concierge Class or above in order to make Elite (unless we can get to Diamond on RCCL easier).

Correct!

Archived