Live from eclipse

rubydoobydoo

Ooh, she will be on for our cruise this Saturday. Maybe back on for our October cruise. Read a lot about her. I do think a good CD can make a cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Kevinyork,

Nice to hear that you are sailing on Eclipse this weekend. I hope you enjoy Sue Denning, as much as we have over the years. She's one of Celebrity's very best !

Have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Kevinyork,

Nice to hear that you are sailing on Eclipse this weekend. I hope you enjoy Sue Denning, as much as we have over the years. She's one of Celebrity's very best !

Have a wonderful cruise !

Thanks Andy. Have read a lot about her so looking forward to it. Our CD last July on Eclipse wasnt great and Im in the camp that thinks a good CD can really add to the cruising experience.

The tote bag and the wallet was delivered to the cabin

Some changes to the drink package quite a few drinks now off the classic package , no baileys on it and less whiskey brands ect

Having a great time weather in Bergen lovely

Snow in flam and cold in geiranger

The seven sisters was frozen no water at all so that was a shame

Food great but no one seems to know how to make a cocktail they have all been horrible so far

I can't really see any evident cutbacks it all still seems as good as last year

Are you saying that Baileys was not available at a particular bar or that is now cost more than $8?

Are you saying that Baileys was not available at a particular bar or that is now cost more than $8?

Yes Im puzzled too. For it not to be in the classic package they would have had to increase the price to over $8 which would make it expensive compared to most other liquers. Im guessing this could be a communication issue by a member of staff.

Thanks Andy. Have read a lot about her so looking forward to it. Our CD last July on Eclipse wasnt great and Im in the camp that thinks a good CD can really add to the cruising experience.

When I was on the Eclipse Dec/2012 through Jan. 2013, we had Gabby she was great!! Also a waitress Roxanne serving drinks at the Captains club social hour- always a sweet smile and very helpful!! Anybody know if Gabby is still with Celebrity? She had a voice problem and was seeking treatment after our last Jan cruise. We will be on the Eclipse this Jan 2015 and look forward to seeing some "old friends".

Txs

Edited by Cruise a holic

Baileys is not on the classic list anymore but the lists are changing from cruise to cruise so may be put back on

Sue denning is fab

The current list shown on Celebrity's UK web site is:

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/images/classic-beverage-package_tcm20-58906.pdf

We are now dealing with UK laws, but since they are still stating that it's on the classic package and selling cruises and packages based on that information in the UK, I suspect that someone on the ship is far exceeding their authority.

Please ask the price of Bailey's if you order it at the bar. If it's $8 or less, it's on the package.

The current list shown on Celebrity's UK web site is:

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/images/classic-beverage-package_tcm20-58906.pdf

We are now dealing with UK laws, but since they are still stating that it's on the classic package and selling cruises and packages based on that information in the UK, I suspect that someone on the ship is far exceeding their authority.

Please ask the price of Bailey's if you order it at the bar. If it's $8 or less, it's on the package.

Did they raise the limit again???

At the bottom of the document you reference it says "All cocktails up to the value of $9.20".:confused:

Do you have the hyperlink for the Premium Beverage Package offerings?

Edited by TommyD3

Did they raise the limit again???

At the bottom of the document you reference it says "All cocktails up to the value of $9.20".:confused:

Do you have the hyperlink for the Premium Beverage Package offerings?

$9.20 is with the gratuity included. ($8 + 15% ($1.20) = $9.20)

Baileys is not on the classic list anymore but the lists are changing from cruise to cruise so may be put back on

Sue denning is fab

Does not make sense to me. What is or is not included in the Classic drink package should be based strictly on the price (except beers). Prices are certainly subject to changes. I am very surprised that they would increase the cost of Baileys and then reduce it again. Over $8 for a Baileys?

IMO there would not be any drinks that are less than $8 that are not included on the package.

Does not make sense to me. What is or is not included in the Classic drink package should be based strictly on the price (except beers). Prices are certainly subject to changes. I am very surprised that they would increase the cost of Baileys and then reduce it again. Over $8 for a Baileys?

IMO there would not be any drinks that are less than $8 that are not included on the package.

You are correct....any drink $8 or under is included. The lists are examples...and you'll find a much shorter list on the menu's on board which are also examples. There really is no wiggle room on this....if an alcoholic drink is under $8 (in a bar, not in stateroom, etc), it's included in the classic package. I think it would be interesting to see someone in Celebrity claim that Baileys which is on the classic drink list on the UK site (just checked it today) and cost $8 plus gratuity on the ship wasn't included in the classic drink package when you dispute the credit card charges.

Edited by ghstudio

Get back soon because we're boarding this Saturday. Can't wait!!

It would be good if someone from Celebrity would confirm or deny the musings about what is included. We know they monitor this forum!

Failing that perhaps Newbury newbie could confirm upon return the actually situation.

Only 73 days to go now! I think!

That would be really useful. I am just trying to decide whether to book a package (and which one) for our first Celebrity Cruise in a couple of weeks time.

I've just asked a question on another thread about upgrading from the Classic to the Premium, once on board, for the 2nd half of the cruise because we were having trouble deciding which package to go for and then saw that you would be posting the list of drinks available on the Classic.

Thank you.

You are correct....any drink $8 or under is included. The lists are examples...and you'll find a much shorter list on the menu's on board which are also examples. There really is no wiggle room on this....if an alcoholic drink is under $8 (in a bar, not in stateroom, etc), it's included in the classic package. I think it would be interesting to see someone in Celebrity claim that Baileys which is on the classic drink list on the UK site (just checked it today) and cost $8 plus gratuity on the ship wasn't included in the classic drink package when you dispute the credit card charges.

Always best to upgrade to the better drink package! I believe about $12 pp per day additional and well worth it! Why not treat yourself? When on board only one guest needs to upgrade. If Baileys and better drinks make you happy, go for it.

Just got off Eclipse today - Ruby is correct, Bailey's was not on the Classic Package - it was 10.5 dollars.

Just off the Eclipse today.............

No problems with early boarding...........no-one batted an eyelid.......and we were onboard a couple of hours early...............

We loved Sue Denning............but she was given a hard time one night & was heckled.....it seems not everyone appreciates her.............

It was a great cruise and many people were making the most of the onboard promotions.....including us...........it was very busy..........