RCCL Promo - Good deal or not?

Hi All,

I've only cruised with RCCL once and I was too young to be involved with any planning/pricing out. I received a mailer that advertises 50% off of the second guest plus $200 off the cruise. I see that it's on the website as well. Not being familiar with cruising and promos, can anyone advise on below?

1. Is this a good deal?

2. If I buy to take advantage of the deal, but end up cancelling, does that money just sit with RCCL until I rebook or would I be refunded?

Thank you! :)

I'm with Clarea, haven't seen good deals recently. When they first began the BOGOHO sale the rates weren't inflated and it truly was a great deal. Now they have hiked up the pricing, so when the half off 2nd pax is figured in, it is fairly highly priced,at normal non sale pricing. No great deals right now!

Doesn't matter what they call the "deal," I just look at "bottom line." I booked a Crown Loft for 2016 at a rate that I think is a good deal. Also included BOGOHO on Drink Packages. But it's all about the bottom line.

"Good deals" are in the eye of the beholder. I thought it was. Others may not. But don't get hung up on promo's. If you can get a cabin for $1000 and the second person is half off, so $500, that equal $750 per person for two people. Unless you are solo, that might be a "great deal." If the drop the price to $800 per person without the BOGO, you'd be paying $1600 vs $1500. So you can figure which price is better.

Deal I just found, trust me they're out there -

Cruise Line - Royal

Ship - Grandeur

Price - $1,400 for 7 NIGHTS and 2 PEOPLE (taxes inc)

Class - Y (Oceanview Guaranteed)

Port - Baltimore

Edited by cruisevv

Deal I just found, trust me they're out there -

Cruise Line - Royal

Ship - Grandeur

Price - $1,400 for 7 NIGHTS and 2 PEOPLE (taxes inc)

Class - Y (Oceanview Guaranteed)

Port - Baltimore

Sounds okay for OV! What date and itinerary?

Hi All,

I've only cruised with RCCL once and I was too young to be involved with any planning/pricing out. I received a mailer that advertises 50% off of the second guest plus $200 off the cruise. I see that it's on the website as well. Not being familiar with cruising and promos, can anyone advise on below?

1. Is this a good deal?

2. If I buy to take advantage of the deal, but end up cancelling, does that money just sit with RCCL until I rebook or would I be refunded?

Thank you! :)

Short answers:

1. Standard deal as of late

2. Refunded

Longer answer:

I have been looking at Royal Caribbean pricing for a couple of years now and use a price tracker as well. For the most part the pricing has remained pretty consistent regardless of the various sales that Royal has run.

In my opinion, Royal will give a couple approximately $250 incentive to get you to book. For example here are some of the incentive types (based on balcony cabin):

1. $125 less per person on the cruise fare with no OBC (very rare)

2. $125 per person OBC

3. $100 per person OBC

4. 50% off 2nd person's premium beverage package ($200 value) + $50 total cabin OBC

As you can see it is all roughly $250 back and just depends how you get it.

All with a 50% off fare for 2nd person where 1st fare is much higher than before the 50% off was offered.

Where you will see big variances is with newer ships and on special dates. For example, if you want to cruise on Anthem of the Seas during Christmas week then you better have a stack of cash. :)

For the cruises I have booked or had interest in the pricing tends to be around these figures:

Inside $600 pp

Outside $700 pp

Balcony $900 pp

Junior Suite $1300 pp

Grand Suite $1700 pp

These are prices before taxes/pre-paid gratuities and do not factor in OBC, etc.

However, I generally do not look at Quantum or Oasis class pricing so this would be more applicable to Freedom, Voyager, and Radiance class ships.

Hope this helps a little

Nice deal on Grandeur!

Last week the only deal I found was Allure for Jan 15, 2017. Deck 6 or 7 ocean view balcony rooms were 700pp. They raised the price over the weekend

So ....lesson learned....if you do find a deal - grab it. Very rare

Here's a BOGO deal that I actually just booked.

Cruise Line - Royal

Ship - Independence

Price - $1,100 for 4 NIGHTS and 2 PEOPLE (taxes inc)

Class - JS (Junior Suite)

Port - Fort Lauderdale

I couldn't pass that one up. First time in a JS + double points! Woohoo.

It's for the Baltimore Grandeur leaving on June 12th to Bahamas.

Stops in Nassau, Cococay, Port Canaveral

$100 a night pp for an OV when school is out sounds good to me.

(I thought that RCI was eliminating last minute deals)

Here's a BOGO deal that I actually just booked.

Cruise Line - Royal

Ship - Independence

Price - $1,100 for 4 NIGHTS and 2 PEOPLE (taxes inc)

Class - JS (Junior Suite)

Port - Fort Lauderdale

I couldn't pass that one up. First time in a JS + double points! Woohoo.

NM - missed the 4 nights.

Edited by Wine Luvuh

Do you typically find these deals directly through the cruise website? Does anyone want to give-away their secret deal sites? :)

I usually use travelzoo and costco, but would love to hear what else is out there!

I've also heard people do nothing but bash the BOGO offer but that's when I booked my Adventure of the Seas December Cruise. I originally booked a D3 balcony for $1671.74 (for 2 all fees) and then a week later, RCI had another special for April 15th tax weekend where you could book and not pay taxes. So while I had to rebook and temporarily pay another deposit until my originally booking got refunded, I ended up paying $1541. With great ports like Antigua, St. Croix, St Lucia, Grenada, St. Thomas - and departing from San Juan, I personally think that's a hell of good price for RCI!

FYI - Prices are still great for this trip although slightly higher than what I booked for.

Edited by erby2283

Do you typically find these deals directly through the cruise website? Does anyone want to give-away their secret deal sites? :)

I usually use travelzoo and costco, but would love to hear what else is out there!

Go through Marriott Rewards which gets me points with the cruise line and on my credit card towards free hotel rooms.

$100 a night pp for an OV when school is out sounds good to me.

(I thought that RCI was eliminating last minute deals)

I've read this quite a number of times but I do know they are still last minute discounting Navigator out of Galveston. I watch it each week.

Go through Marriott Rewards which gets me points with the cruise line and on my credit card towards free hotel rooms.

I looked at using Marriott points for a reduction in cruise fare, but it turned out that I could get much more value for the points using them towards free hotel rooms.

I've read this quite a number of times but I do know they are still last minute discounting Navigator out of Galveston. I watch it each week.

I love the Galveston deals - my only issue is getting from the airport to port there. :D It's $100 and I more or less HAVE to book a hotel room to make sure I'm not stressed out trying to get to the port on cruise day. So generally stick with FL but if I lived near there boy would I take advantage.