List of prices for bottles of wine

Bob, thanks for posting the link. The prices are really high. I don't think we have ever ordered a bottle of wine on a cruise. We bring our 2 bottles and order by the glass. Think we can stick with this plan.

You're welcome.

I think there's another wine list in this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425744

Are the prices in the thread you posted still accurate? or at least reasonably close?

These were the menus from Vintages and Chops on Navigator when we were onboard in November to give you an idea. Obviously can vary a little ship to ship but it’s a start.

7fa291576b34dfe3bc3b30ca6c94d68b.jpgc401c8890057a87f196d0f86997f62dd.jpgfb297ea8548cc9165817b4d14508bbe3.jpgd1640b6afa4f3b375e5a13f03e316cd3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/19/2018 at 10:01 PM, luvscruising2007 said:

Bob, thanks for posting the link. The prices are really high. I don't think we have ever ordered a bottle of wine on a cruise. We bring our 2 bottles and order by the glass. Think we can stick with this plan.

If they do standard pours, then there are 5 glasses of wine in a bottle of wine.   In general onshore restaurants will price wines by the glass such that it is cheaper to buy a bottle of wine, than buy the same amount of wine by the glass.

I haven't recently compared the bottle prices to glass of wines onboard a ship to see if this holds true.  On Friday I will be doing this as I won't have a beverage package.

• 1 month later...

I was just coming to ask this same wine list question, so thanks for posting everyone!  It will help me decide what two bottles I want to bring.

Also, is it still allowed (Allure specifically) to order a bottle in MDR and then have them hold the remainder to serve at later meals?  This doesn't initiate the corkage fee does it?  (Is that if you leave with it?)  TIA

7 minutes ago, zebe912 said:

I was just coming to ask this same wine list question, so thanks for posting everyone!  It will help me decide what two bottles I want to bring.

Also, is it still allowed (Allure specifically) to order a bottle in MDR and then have them hold the remainder to serve at later meals?  This doesn't initiate the corkage fee does it?  (Is that if you leave with it?)  TIA

Yes, they will still keep wine for later use in the MDR, no corkage fees at all for wine bought on the ship.

Mark up in any higher end restaurant, cruise ship, resort...etc.  is usually at least 3-3.5 times what you would pay in a wine shop or grocery store.  This is just common...and obviously a real money maker.  Spent 12 years as a wine rep to restaurants in my area...they loved me.  😉 🍷

We bring two bottles ( have not been charged corkage on last several cruises) and get drink package, normally drink Oberon Cabernet which is just a couple of dollars over package limit of 12 or 13 , so we pay 2 or 3 dollars a glass extra. 

6 minutes ago, George C said:

We bring two bottles ( have not been charged corkage on last several cruises) and get drink package, normally drink Oberon Cabernet which is just a couple of dollars over package limit of 12 or 13 , so we pay 2 or 3 dollars a glass extra. 

I'm definitely going to bring my two bottles, but DH doesn't want to get drink package, so I'm trying to figure out how to plan so I end up with a nice selection between what I bring and what I might be able to get in the dining room.  My taste changes based on my mood (or random whims) so it's nice to have a variety of whites & blush/rose available.  The wine cellar page on RCCL is pretty limited, so I still need to do some digging for wine lists, I think.