The First Voyage of the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska

BirdTravels

Thanks so much for the continuous updates on our beautiful new ship! Already planning what to do/where to eat for our Blissful trip next week!:cool:

We’ll make sure to work out all of the kinks this week so you will have smooth sailings next week

How the heck did you get into the galley?

210 Galley Staff

150 Chefs

20,000 meals a day

2,000 Rolls

1,100 Baguette

Forty 60’ trailers of food each week

72,200 Eggs

1,300 gallons of hard serve ice cream

45,000 pounds of fruit

45,000 pounds of vegetables

16,000 pounds of potato

46,000 pounds of meat

12,000 pounds of seafood

23,000 bottles of beer

3,500 bottles of spirits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

210 Galley Staff

150 Chefs

20,000 meals a day

2,000 Rolls

1,100 Baguette

Forty 60’ trailers of food each week

72,200 Eggs

1,300 gallons of hard serve ice cream

45,000 pounds of fruit

45,000 pounds of vegetables

16,000 pounds of potato

46,000 pounds of meat

12,000 pounds of seafood

23,000 bottles of beer

3,500 bottles of spirits

Aaaaaaaaaaand a partridge in a pear tree..........

• Haha 1

Now underway in Puget Sound.

Dining Facts: By 1 pm, Prohibition and Cagney’s were sold out for the duration of the cruise.

Wow....that is crazy. There are going to be some disappointed passengers.

I am on the September 9th sailing. Thank goodness I made my reservations for the shows and the specialty restaurants.

Thank you for the live report from the Bliss...I am loving it!!:D

FYI you will be able to reserve dinning on line or calling NCL as your cruise gets closer. I was able to get mine scheduled at the times I wanted once the online reservation were available I eat early but 6:30 times were open for awhile just recently filed this last week and I am on the June 16th sailing. Some opening are held for the day of the cruise and you will be able to walk up also. Not certain what the wait times are but should be include in the roll calls prior to your sailing. Good luck Bob

Thank you so much for your detailed vlog!!! So tell us how is the weather? is it drizzling at all? are people outside? are the pools heated? Alot of your photos do not show a whole lot of people (I expected to see more since it appears that they are over booked? Have you felt crowded? Sorry for all the questions - you have just posted so much! it raises so many questions, I and i just can't help myself :) It appears that they are doing the glow party for the kiddos - do you know, or have your heard it the adults have one as well?

Thanks for the GREAT First Weeks Alaska report of the Bliss, We still have 13 weeks but it will be here before we know it. One question I have since you are Platinum Plus i am sure you will be invited to the VIP Party in the Haven. Can you tell us what day of the week and the time. Thanks :)

Thank you so much for your detailed vlog!!! So tell us how is the weather? is it drizzling at all? are people outside? are the pools heated? Alot of your photos do not show a whole lot of people (I expected to see more since it appears that they are over booked? Have you felt crowded? Sorry for all the questions - you have just posted so much! it raises so many questions, I and i just can't help myself [emoji4] It appears that they are doing the glow party for the kiddos - do you know, or have your heard it the adults have one as well?

How do prevent chair hogs,,,, drop the temperature. The weather today was nice. A bit of drizzle at dinner time.

The pools and Spice H20 water feature are heated. The sea temp this morning was in the low 50’s. The pool water was not cold. But not hot tub. They got a lot of use later.

The real chair hogs were in the Observation Lounge. The longe is very large taking the space from the front elevator lobby to the bow of the ship basically the space where the gym and the entire spa takes on the Escape. When we went to breakfast at 7 am (on a sea day) most window seats were taken.

c4bf3f4168f45da568c825164068828a.heic

a2260bb41d988a3dde5819e18c122003.heic

d5b40b72d6ddb2c226fd8951c9365bc2.heic

43fc1069919fab5a6dd3dc31f28ef5ed.heic

We’re trading in our pool towels for deck blankets. Now,,, these are the nicest deck blankets we have ever seen. Brand new. Plush, soft.

4e0027d4670a791c0da1d9d270a13bb6.heic

Edited by BirdTravels

Thanks for the GREAT First Weeks Alaska report of the Bliss, We still have 13 weeks but it will be here before we know it. One question I have since you are Platinum Plus i am sure you will be invited to the VIP Party in the Haven. Can you tell us what day of the week and the time. Thanks :)

Surprisingly, we were not invited to the Haven cocktail reception nor the glacier watching party like we use to on the Jewel. [emoji20]

We signed up for the dinner with an officer, but have not got a call on when that is either.