Secret Menu in MDR

Is there a secret menu of dishes in the MRD if requested? Ie Indian, etc.

Each ship is different. We've found that many ships have some Indian entrees available, and Jewel even has a separate Indian menu that changes daily.

No menu to choose from but if you want a particular Indian dish they can usually prepare it for you but may request a 24 hour notice.

The secret menu is the kids' menu. If there isn't anything on the main menu you want, just order from the kids' menu! Mr Ski likes the kids' spaghetti with meat sauce better than most of the adult entrees!

If you mention to an Indian waiter/assistant waiter/head waiter how much you like Indian food they'll usually offer to start bringing you the Indian entree of the night. Usually a vegetarian curry, rice, papadum, naan and raita. I have a well educated palate for Indian food (I lived there for 3 years) and have always found RC's Indian food to be really, really good.

We were told there is always a veg curry and a meat curry, plus dal, chutney, rice, and papadam. Sometimes Raita.

We were also told there is a cold soup every night (like there used to be on the spice menus) - you just have to ask for it.

Wow, this looks nothing like the kids menu we had on Grandeur in August. It had 3 appetizers (Fruit salad, Veggies and Dip, and I think a salad) and about 4 entrees. Is this menu new for all ships?

I think it's more likely to be old than new.

We were also told there is a cold soup every night (like there used to be on the spice menus) - you just have to ask for it.

Just off Freedom (3/17) - we asked our wait staff about the cold soups, but were informed that we could "only" get it when it's on the menu. We had chilled strawberry soup ONE night out of 8.

Just off Freedom (3/17) - we asked our wait staff about the cold soups, but were informed that we could "only" get it when it's on the menu. We had chilled strawberry soup ONE night out of 8.
Oh that is so disappointing! I love the cold soups, and the new menus have so few vegetarian (and esp veg GF) starters. We are on Explorer end of next month (albeit in Alaska) and will report back.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Yikes. We haven't travelled on Royal for a couple of years, mostly because prices have gone way up (or at least there are less deals out there). We recently went with another cruise line but even though we enjoyed it I missed the food in the MDR and was thinking on booking an RC cruise either this summer or in the fall.

But the new menus are so limited. There is hardly anything on there my kids would like. They love the cold soups and the Indian dishes, but at least the soups seem to be gone for the most part. The dishes on the menu are so repetitive (fine for me but not for my kids). And now it seems they might have cut down on the kids menu as well? One son loves the guacamole/sour cream dip appetizer.

Honestly, the menu is quite disappointing and makes me reconsider another trip.

No secret menu that I know of. However, you could ask your Head Waiter for special dishes with advance notice. We have to sit down with the ahead waiter to make certain appetizers and entrees on the menu as salt free as possible. On our Anthem January cruise they did a splendid job on the French Onion Soup.

Cold soups were on the menu every night for our Alaska cruise end of May!

Yikes. We haven't travelled on Royal for a couple of years, mostly because prices have gone way up (or at least there are less deals out there). We recently went with another cruise line but even though we enjoyed it I missed the food in the MDR and was thinking on booking an RC cruise either this summer or in the fall.

But the new menus are so limited. There is hardly anything on there my kids would like. They love the cold soups and the Indian dishes, but at least the soups seem to be gone for the most part. The dishes on the menu are so repetitive (fine for me but not for my kids). And now it seems they might have cut down on the kids menu as well? One son loves the guacamole/sour cream dip appetizer.

Honestly, the menu is quite disappointing and makes me reconsider another trip.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Wow, this looks nothing like the kids menu we had on Grandeur in August. It had 3 appetizers (Fruit salad, Veggies and Dip, and I think a salad) and about 4 entrees. Is this menu new for all ships?

Kid's Menu from Oasis, February 2018:

dinner_kids_menu.jpg

My go to RCCL dessert!

Yesssss! That brownie sundae is awesome and just the right size when you want something sweet, but not so big that it is overwhelming. I love it. :D