NY Times Review of Summit Crise

hvsteve1

Keep in mind this is by a comic and author and not a travel writer. You may have to cut and paste the link at it is not a hot link.

From The New York Times:

Cruises Are So Uncool They Are Cool

Everything about the weeklong Caribbean cruise is meant to buff life’s unpleasant edges into sea glass. If it sounds like I am making fun, I am not. I love it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/03/travel/cruises-are-awesome.html

I had read this previously, but it was fun to re-read. And yes, I've experienced Donovan on the Summit. It is impossible to be in a bad mood after his cheerful coffee service. You go, Donovan!

I agree with the author. I cruise, particularly in the Caribbean, to be pampered and to relax. Sometimes I don't even get off the ship. I've seen all these places. Just want some down time. Somebody else cooks and cleans. I use a towel, it gets replaced with a fresh one. My laundry and dry cleaning get done. What's not to like about this???

When I cruise to places other than the Caribbean, I'm going to see the ports. But it's nice not to have to pack and unpack every night or so and to have someone else doing the cooking, cleaning, etc. when I get back from a long tour on shore.

Concur that Donovan is a hoot. He was our waiter in Blu for dinner, but we would go to Oceanview in the morning just to see what he was up to. On the Fourth of July he decorated his cart with US flags.

Thanks, a good read! We loved Donovan on the Summit a few months ago. We were in one of the 5 aft AQ cabins with a balcony overlooking the people having breakfast below. We enjoyed Donovan's song writing skills most mornings while we were having our room service breakfast above.

This was just one of many pleasant little surprises we have enjoyed over the years that have made cruising special (even if it is uncool ;)).

Donovan is the best. Have had him both as our waiter in blu and also delivering hot coffee in the morning. He is fun to talk with and has a ton of kids back home to support.

Every shop needs a Donovan. Next sailing is on the Edge and will miss him for sure.