Booked Allure cruise now gone from RC website ?

Midwestgal

What did Royal offer you in terms of protected dates and OBC.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

hey ken,

not sure what you mean about protected dates.

anyway when i got the email i remember they had 3 options i could choose from because of the april 26 cancellation. i am going to guess what they had been but it was something like. 1) pick any of the dates listed in this email and your price you paid will not change for the same cabin class and i think 300 obc. 2) find another cruise and get i think it was 200 OBC (can't remember the exact amount) and no charge to move it. 3) i have no clue what it was but it didn't interest me at all.

i took the second option and they moved it plus included my credit i received for booking onboard.

the first leg i had to pay the difference in the fare to move it. it was a bit more but they also moved my credit i received for booking onboard. please realize i am certainly off about the 3 options. i can't find the email or remember what it actually said.

so we switched to oasis b2b in april 2020. spring break i think but that never bothered us.

hope that helps.

This is from Royal Caribbean blog;

Oasis of the Seas will be completely reimagined in fall 2019, ten years after her revolutionary debut. The ship will gain new thrills, pools, bars and culinary creations, as well as introduce new restaurants and onboard adventures found on the newest Oasis Class ship, Symphony of the Seas. These enhancements will cascade to Allure of the Seas in spring 2020, making every ship in the class more adventurous than ever.

So my Cruise Planner also inquired with RC about the Allure and no cruises scheduled after March 20, 2020 and people who are already booked.

They remain tight lipped and said that booked passengers will be notified in a timely manor if their cruises are cancelled. At this point there have been no notifications or emails to anyone as to the Alluers sailings .

That's a step in the right direction. At least they are admitting that the ship will be going into drydock, hopefully they will let you know soon.

Other than the blog they are saying nothing about it being cancelled. My TA was told “if a cruise is cancelled passengers will be notified “

Kind of silly on their part as most can read between the lines.

On the other hand maybe it’s not set in stone that it will happen in spring so I see both sides . I’m not worried about it as I was never thrilled about cruising in April, I’m more of a January or February cruiser these days.

Other than the blog they are saying nothing about it being cancelled. My TA was told “if a cruise is cancelled passengers will be notified “

On the other hand maybe it’s not set in stone that it will happen in spring so I see both sides . I’m not worried about it as I was never thrilled about cruising in April, I’m more of a January or February cruiser these days.

When they contact you if you don't like any of the price protected dates that they offer you as long as you keep the same booking number you can switch to a different cruise and still keep whatever OBC that they offer.

I'm also booked on this cruise. I picked it for Basseterre and CocoCay. I think more likely than not this cruise will be canceled, since it was the last cruise on the calendar. Royal might just be taking its sweet time to figure out what options to offer everyone before announcing anything.

I'm also booked on this cruise. I picked it for Basseterre and CocoCay. I think more likely than not this cruise will be canceled, since it was the last cruise on the calendar. Royal might just be taking its sweet time to figure out what options to offer everyone before announcing anything.

I’m 100% sure it’s a no go, just,waiting for official word.

Okay thanks. I have the feeling she’s being moved or chartered . I wonder how soon RC would let us know , hopefully not just a few months ahead of sailing.

As a back up Wednesday just book Symphony

I think from what they told me - it is Drydock. The entire month is CLOSED. My sisters were supposed to be on the 4/19. So now in a waiting mode to see what options/OBC they are going to offer

I think from what they told me - it is Drydock. The entire month is CLOSED. My sisters were supposed to be on the 4/19. So now in a waiting mode to see what options/OBC they are going to offer

We are waiting as well, will either cancel or see what the options are for spring 2020 or later. In the meantime, we just booked the exact same ship, itinerary and stateroom for Dec. 8, 2019, it was less expensive anyway.

Edit to add we got the same OBC on the December sailing.

For sure the plan is it’s going to dry dock.

You stated “they told you”.....who told you ?

Still waiting an official announcement from them.

Midwestgal,

I actually heard rumours of the cancellation for the 26 April Allure cruise about 2 months ago but could never get confirmation from Royal until last week when I called and pushed the issue with the phone rep. Unfortunately, the front line phone staff only see what's on their screens and are usually the "second last" to know. But I pressed him to contact his supervisor and that worked.....he came back and confirmed the ship would indeed be in refit and I should contact my TA.

A few days later (Friday 21 Sept) I called Royal again questioning if a letter would be sent advising cruisers of the cancellation and was told the cruise was still on. (What?????) Again I pressed him to contact his supervisor and sure enough they came back confirming that the cruise was actually cancelled....but they couldn't say when letters would be sent out.

My TA and I both called separately this morning (24 Sept) and both of us were told the cruise was cancelled, but no word on the elusive confirmation letter. This time, Royal advised me to go ahead and re-book on another sailing as no penalty would be passed along. My only outstanding question is the possibility of compensation in the form of OBC or a discount would be offered up?

My TA spoke to her Royal contacts who confirmed that if I booked another cruise, anything in the form of compensation in the letter will be allowed to be transferred to the new booking as the cruise was cancelled by Royal. Although I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling that this will occur, I went ahead and booked on the Freedom out of San Juan for the same date as I'm afraid when confirmation goes out to the 3000+ others, the few remaining cabins on Freedom will be snapped up really quick.

I recommend the next time you call Royal, insist the phone rep ask his/her supervisor.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do and if you do join us on the Freedom, we can have a drink to the customer service people at Royal! ~lol

Joe

Halifax, Canada

Midwestgal,

I actually heard rumours of the cancellation for the 26 April Allure cruise about 2 months ago but could never get confirmation from Royal until last week when I called and pushed the issue with the phone rep. Unfortunately, the front line phone staff only see what's on their screens and are usually the "second last" to know. But I pressed him to contact his supervisor and that worked.....he came back and confirmed the ship would indeed be in refit and I should contact my TA.

A few days later (Friday 21 Sept) I called Royal again questioning if a letter would be sent advising cruisers of the cancellation and was told the cruise was still on. (What?????) Again I pressed him to contact his supervisor and sure enough they came back confirming that the cruise was actually cancelled....but they couldn't say when letters would be sent out.

My TA and I both called separately this morning (24 Sept) and both of us were told the cruise was cancelled, but no word on the elusive confirmation letter. This time, Royal advised me to go ahead and re-book on another sailing as no penalty would be passed along. My only outstanding question is the possibility of compensation in the form of OBC or a discount would be offered up?

My TA spoke to her Royal contacts who confirmed that if I booked another cruise, anything in the form of compensation in the letter will be allowed to be transferred to the new booking as the cruise was cancelled by Royal. Although I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling that this will occur, I went ahead and booked on the Freedom out of San Juan for the same date as I'm afraid when confirmation goes out to the 3000+ others, the few remaining cabins on Freedom will be snapped up really quick.

I recommend the next time you call Royal, insist the phone rep ask his/her supervisor.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do and if you do join us on the Freedom, we can have a drink to the customer service people at Royal! ~lol

Joe

Halifax, Canada

I would not have a warm and fuzzy feeling about that either. Maybe you can get your TA to have them put something in writing that you will get the OBC.

Midwestgal,

... I'm afraid when confirmation goes out to the 3000+ others, the few remaining cabins on Freedom will be snapped up really quick.

Joe

Halifax, Canada

This far out they are nowhere close to having 3000 people booked. More like 500 to 1000 at the very high end.

When cabins were available there was tons of inventory in all categories.

This far out they are nowhere close to having 3000 people booked. More like 500 to 1000 at the very high end.

When cabins were available there was tons of inventory in all categories.

Not many hump balconies........ but I agree, at this point there are still many options.

.......As a back up Wednesday just book Symphony

That's the way to do it so that you get the location you want and a good price. There have been horror stories on here with Royal cancelling at the last minute and passengers have already paid for hotel and plane tickets. By that time the other cruises are usually booked.

I’m not taking any action just looking at options.

(y)

I lied! The Oasis Cruise the same week IS price protected!!!

Also, Harmony will be sailing from Orlando with the same itinerary as the cancelled cruise - only sailing a week before. I would jump on that one - but my friend doesn’t like the show Grease. [emoji849]

Well, Oasis should be getting close to Harmony in amenities after her drydock. And maybe Cats will be swapped out for another show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got my cancellation email. Was surprised to see that the price protected cruises are all before the week that we were booked to sail.

We can get $200 in OBC for booking any

other cruise.

I think that’s because the schedule doesn’t extend beyond the end of April.

We booked super early for April 26,2020 cruise, we booked in April of this year so two years out.

I found the cruise , priced it, and choose our cabin. I then booked it with my TA . A couple of months ago I did a price check and the cruise isn’t even listed , nothing listed for Allure after March of 2020....my cruise is still in my account with Royal when I checked.

I called my TA and his company site (cruise planners) still shows it, I looked again yesterday and it’s not there.

Any thought as to why this would be? My TA said give it some time.

Honestly it’s not a big deal as I’d just jump on Symphony or even try MSC SeaSide , I’m just curious what’s up with Allure, is it being moved or dry docked ?

I received a message this morning September 25, 2018 from Royal Caribbean;

Dear Guest,

Allure of the Seas is undergoing an extended renovation whichmeans, we must regrettably cancel our April 26, 2020, sailing. We know thisnews is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your vacation.

We want every aspect of your vacation to beenjoyable. So, we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope you willtake advantage of.

Dear Guest,

Allure of the Seas is undergoing an extended renovation which means, we must regrettably cancel our April 26, 2020, sailing. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your vacation.

We want every aspect of your vacation to be enjoyable. So, we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope you will take advantage of.

Option 1: Re-book one of the following 2020 sailings

• Oasis of the Seas
    • Mar. 22nd or Apr. 5th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cozumel, Mexico.
    • Mar. 29th or Apr. 26th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Labadee, Haiti.
    • Apr. 12th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Labadee, Haiti.

• Harmony of the Seas
    • Apr. 12th cruise departing from Orlando, Florida, sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico| Roatan, Honduras | Cozumel, Mexico.
    • Apr. 19th cruise departing from Orlando, Florida, sailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

• Whether you’re a beach bum, a diver, a foodie, or a golfer, there’s a Caribbean island just for you! Try something new and check it off your bucket list. We are sure you’ll find your perfect getaway!

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items.
  • And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $200 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
    • Plus, an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean sailing and receive the following credits to spend onboard per stateroom:

• $200 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
  • Plus, an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

Option 3: If you choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit. Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide any additional compensation, including air reimbursement.

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. One of our destination experts will call you starting September 25th to help find your perfect cruise. If we happen to miss you, please call us by October 9th, 2018 at 888-281-9344. If we haven’t heard from you by Oct 9th, your reservation will be cancelled.

Lastly, any pre-paid amenities, packages, or shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

Thanks for understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Yes, got ours also. Will talk to my sister tonight that will be cruising with me for her birthday and decide which cruise to take. We were very flexible so can change. We really liked the itinerary for April 19, 2020 on Allure, but I was just on Harmony so not sure which one we will pick. I will leave it up to her as she does not cruise very often and wants to go some places she has not been. I have been to all of them.

But the 200 is nice for OBC as we already have 200 and at least they gave us a number of options. It's about time they officially let us know even though we all knew a long time ago!