How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

Try looking at your picture on google photos

Ignore the link in the browser bar.

right click and copy the picture location

(i think is should end in "-no"

( at that point you can use goo.gl to shorten it)

Do NOT use quick reply, use reply or go advanced so you get to preview

click insert image insertimage.gif

paste (Control+v) in windows ( unless you have shortened it in which case you need to copy and paste the short version) and when you use preview you shouild have the picture? without any code

HTH - if not I will have another try to explain it -its easier to do than explain :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am VERY new to trying to post photos, but want to try to do it on our next cruise, coming up soon. I have been able to post photos by copying from my computer to Shutterfly, and then copying to a post. This works (see turkey picture above). I uploaded to Shutterfly both the original size and a re-sized version of the photo ( resized the photo on my computer and saved it before uploading). However, when I post, the picture size is the same (full width of post). I'd like the picture to be a little smaller, and I see plenty of examples in this thread of smaller photos, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this through Shutterfly (keeping the aspect ratio the same).

Anybody have any thoughts?

Phyllis

I post direct from phone via the app. It automatically sizes the pictures, plus it's faster.

a02ce85ec67ec9c54591867af20618fb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

John & LaLa

Believe it or not, I don't have a smartphone. I take pictures with a digital camera and upload to a computer. What I am looking for is a way to change the size of the picture that is shown in the post. Right now, all pictures take up the full screen width.

I have noticed on this thread that some of the pictures are 3/4 size, 1/2 size, etc. I'd like to be able to post pictures that are smaller than full width, but can't figure out how to do that, while keeping the aspect ratio correct.

John & LaLa

Believe it or not, I don't have a smartphone. I take pictures with a digital camera and upload to a computer. What I am looking for is a way to change the size of the picture that is shown in the post. Right now, all pictures take up the full screen width.

I have noticed on this thread that some of the pictures are 3/4 size, 1/2 size, etc. I'd like to be able to post pictures that are smaller than full width, but can't figure out how to do that, while keeping the aspect ratio correct.

I use a DSLR as well. It uses an EyeFi card to transfer them to the phone. Pretty slick.

5d0691dde93cd65a0d3873b001f580f0.jpg

Shot free hand from an aft balcony on Rhapsody this spring.

I use shutterfly as well, but mainly to make photo books. Sorry I couldn't help you

John & LaLa

A two millimeter by three millimeter photo has the same aspect ratio as a two meter by three meter photo.

If the format is letter box (3x4) then reduce the photo to 375 pixels by 500 pixels. If you are using a 35mm format (2x3) then reduce the photo to 300 x 450 pixels.

John & LaLa

There doesn't appear to be a way to select a photo size within Shutterfly to post, nor do I see an editor within Shutterfly. What are you editing your photos in? Most photo editors will allow you to maintain a fixed aspect ration so you only have to change one parameter (length or width).Try something crazy like 400 X 300 (that's a 4:3 ratio, which is fairly common), or the 300 X 450 mentioned above. If the browser still scales the photo to page width, I don't know...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I post direct from phone via the app. It automatically sizes the pictures, plus it's faster.

a02ce85ec67ec9c54591867af20618fb.jpg

I have a iphone and the Crusie Critc app on my phone. So I can just take a picture and then what.... how do I get it to my live thread I will be doing on CC on my up coming cruise?

I have a iphone and the Crusie Critc app on my phone. So I can just take a picture and then what.... how do I get it to my live thread I will be doing on CC on my up coming cruise?

Hi Azulann:

Hopefully someone will answer you as I have the same question. I'll be posting live from Harmony next week.