Charges for infant

Yusra

Not really true - all depends on the cruiseline and ship. Much too general a statement. Many ships have babysitters, size of cabin is your choice, there are pools for diaper-clad children, and quiet areas.

no pools. some ships have splash zones where the water never gets more than an inch or two deep.

I think of the splash zone on bigger ships as a baby pool; more than a small area with sprinklers. Even though there is a charge for nurseries and in-room sitting (if available), it is available. Response was to a comment about no pools/babysitting on ships. Charge/fees was not mentioned.

Those large splash zones are not for diapers, there is only a small area of that sectioned off for babies.

I'll be the guy to point out that this is a bad idea. First and most important, it will NOT be a vacation. There are no "baby sitters" for infants. Cabin floor space is very limited, a crib will make the cabin claustrophobic. Infants are barred from all pools and most venues can't be used due to noise.

What an absurd thing to say. My parents started taking me on cruises as a baby and 30 years later I have been on 26 cruises and have taken my 6 month old and now about to take my 2 year old and 1 year old. Cruises are a vacation no matter what. And yes half the cruise lines have babysitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What an absurd thing to say. My parents started taking me on cruises as a baby and 30 years later I have been on 26 cruises and have taken my 6 month old and now about to take my 2 year old and 1 year old. Cruises are a vacation no matter what. And yes half the cruise lines have babysitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

your 6 month old must have been a good sleeper. Mine wasn't, so we escaped on a cruise when he was 9 months without him, so I could JUST SLEEP. That's all I wanted.

DS started cruising with us at 3 yo, and it has been perfect. But he is a great sleeper now.