Nieuw Amsterdam Dry Dock

luvn2cruzzz

We’re the carpets new in regular veranda cabin?

I sure hope so.

Based on this and your other posts, I notice that you're focused on the newness of the rooms. If this is your priority, I recommend you book a sailing on the newest ship, the Koningsdam. I'm worried that you will be disappointed with anything else.

I sure hope so. As far as beds go IMHO HAL’S “Signature of Excellence” brought very comfortable beds to the Vista and Signature class ships. I thought they were more comfortable than those on Celebrity, Royal, and no doubt Princess(worst beds at sea).

No, just in the public areas, except for the lido forward near the spa....they still have that ugly seafoam green

Based on this and your other posts, I notice that you're focused on the newness of the rooms. If this is your priority, I recommend you book a sailing on the newest ship, the Koningsdam. I'm worried that you will be disappointed with anything else.

The only thing new was the sofa bed. I did not pull it out, and my spouse insisted it was just reupholstered, but it was very firm to sit on.

Beds in terms of comfort are subjective I suppose - we have always found the beds to be fantastic (4 cruises on Noordam/Eurodam). Are you referring to the sofa bed or main beds?

Regular bed. It is very subjective, I agree. It did not keep me awake mind you, it's just not like a regular bed.

I sure hope so. As far as beds go IMHO HAL’S “Signature of Excellence” brought very comfortable beds to the Vista and Signature class ships. I thought they were more comfortable than those on Celebrity, Royal, and no doubt Princess(worst beds at sea).

We were on Konigsdam in a vista suite for 10 days over Thanksgiving and to be honest, they are all the same to me.

I’ve sailed on the K. My question is a simple one. Since the NA went through a major refurb, I am hoping for new, truly clean carpeting in the cabins. After all the ship is 7 years old..

I would hope that someone recently off the NA could answer my question.

Thank you in advance.

I’ve sailed on the K. My question is a simple one. Since the NA went through a major refurb, I am hoping for new, truly clean carpeting in the cabins. After all the ship is 7 years old..
The odds are not in your favor. It doesn't appear that much was done in the cabins. I'm sure someone will come along and give you more specifics.

I’ve sailed on the K. My question is a simple one. Since the NA went through a major refurb, I am hoping for new, truly clean carpeting in the cabins. After all the ship is 7 years old.. I would hope that someone recently off the NA could answer my question.

Thank you in advance.

There's no real way of anyone here knowing which (if any) specific cabin got new carpeting. Best to contact HAL directly and ask about yours.

Thank you in advance.

I'm with you! I'll try to provide some feedback on the NA after our cruise in February, if there are still inquiries then about the changes/updates. Hopefully we'll get some additional information as more people return from the NA in the coming weeks. We've been on the NA twice previously and look forward to seeing things freshened up.

Thank you in advance.

My interior room on the main deck has new carpet, but the color pattern/tones make them look dirty. If an interior room got new carpet, I'm guessing the rest did also. I'm on until Saturday.

My interior room on the main deck has new carpet, but the color pattern/tones make them look dirty. If an interior room got new carpet, I'm guessing the rest did also. I'm on until Saturday.

Carole, I know this is an odd question, but would you happen to know who is the future cruise consultant currently onboard the NA?

If anyone has seen post-dry dock photos posted, please do post about it on this thread. Thanks!

On Instagram there are photos after dry dock, some during dry dock too. But those photos don't link so easily. Just go on Instagram and look up nieuwamsterdam

The Crow's Nest area and Captain's Corner semi-private lounge area will be greatly missed. It was popular with guests who wanted to have a place to enjoy drinks and conversation, and escape the busy late night entertainment crowd. Sorry to see it go.

The carpet in my cabin was in great shape this time last year. Early every morning I would get my coffee from Explorations and sit in the Crows Nest watching the water and enjoying the peace. My routine will somewhat change when I am back on in March.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if the carpeting in the room corridors was replaced. I like the look of the new carpeting in the Westerdam photos. I am not a fan of the loud, colorful old style.

Yes, it was replaced. Included in the design is a different color area to indicate exits/elevators. Also a ship image indicating ship direction in the entry area to the same. Some places also has aft/forward with appropriate arrows. I liked the general background design.

Yes, it was replaced. Included in the design is a different color area to indicate exits/elevators. Also a ship image indicating ship direction in the entry area to the same. Some places also has aft/forward with appropriate arrows. I liked the general background design.
Awesome! If only we can find a picture of it. :')