Ultimate Drink Package

On Oasis in July and I got it for 47.00 per day. I keep checking hoping it goes down a bit more. First time splurging for the drink package.

We got the package on Oasis for $43 a night. This is for the middle of April (30 days baby!) Today’s sale is showing $45 a night for me.

I believe that they have dynamic pricing based on season and other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't miss out.

Buy now at $48 then cancel and re-buy if it decreases.

Carol:

Just checking. Still better if D+ to wait and purchase on board?

Last November on Adventure of the Seas the D+ discount wasn’t listed as in that photo you posted in Spring 2017 but Guest Services, after I asked them to check, confirmed that it was still available and sold it to me for the D+ discount. For which I’ve meant to thank you because it was a significant savings. :D

Right now, for our October Liberty cruise, the Planner was showing only a 20% discount so I didn’t buy.

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex

Got an e-mail from RCL today telling me they had deals on their drink packages for my cruise in October, 50% off the second person's package. With our discount it was $48 p.p. per day yesterday. I figured $24 p.p. per day for the second person was a deal I could live with. I know it doesn't include gratuities. Went to book it and it was $45 p.p. per day. I took it all they way until you have to pay and nothing changed. I did it on the old website with the same results. We'll stick with the happy hour and the Suite Lounge and save $700 or so.

Carol:

Just checking. Still better if D+ to wait and purchase on board?

Last November on Adventure of the Seas the D+ discount wasn’t listed as in that photo you posted in Spring 2017 but Guest Services, after I asked them to check, confirmed that it was still available and sold it to me for the D+ discount. For which I’ve meant to thank you because it was a significant savings. :D

Right now, for our October Liberty cruise, the Planner was showing only a 20% discount so I didn’t buy.

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex

I have the same question. Trying to decide if I should wait until I am onboard to get the 30% off, or book it now for the current 25% off...

Bumpin' only to "see" if "Merion Mom" is still out there.

If she is and she sees this, we had a question WRT using the D+ discount versus purchasing online via the Cruise Planner.

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex

Just noticed and got excited that in the UK RC are advertising 50% off the second person deluxe drinks package for our cruise in August on the Freedom from Puerto Rico.

Really can't work out how they calculate stuff, they are saying it works out at £31.50 which is around $44 dollars and means the total 7 day price for 2 people including gratuities is about £50 ($70) cheaper than what it was advertised before the discount, hardly a huge saving and not anywhere near 25% off one person even before gratuities.

• 2 weeks later...

If she is and she sees this, we had a question WRT using the D+ discount versus purchasing online via the Cruise Planner.

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex

Since there is a discount for D+ is thereone for D? We just made D last week so I am curious what discounts will be available to me and where can I find a list of exactly what they are and the % off?

Thanks

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex

Just saw this. What's up?

Since there is a discount for D+ is thereone for D? We just made D last week so I am curious what discounts will be available to me and where can I find a list of exactly what they are and the % off?

Thanks

They toyed briefly with 20%, but they dropped it pretty quickly. Sorry.

I don't see an Ultimate Drink Package offered on Allure (we sail next week). I bought the Deluxe, but was a bit appalled to find that there are very few wines that fall in the $13 limit. I have never had that problem with beverage packages on other Royal ships. Logged in to see about maybe "upgrading", but I don't see any package offered that would go to say $15 or $16 drink limits?

I don't see an Ultimate Drink Package offered on Allure (we sail next week). I bought the Deluxe, but was a bit appalled to find that there are very few wines that fall in the $13 limit. I have never had that problem with beverage packages on other Royal ships. Logged in to see about maybe "upgrading", but I don't see any package offered that would go to say $15 or $16 drink limits?

There is no Ultimate Beverage Package anymore, the Deluxe package is the best you can get.

There is no Ultimate Beverage Package anymore, the Deluxe package is the best you can get.

I'm a bit confused. Sailing on my very first cruise, thought go big or go home and bought the Deluxe drink package. Are you saying that there are no wines that I would be able to get on the package? I tend to drink a good mix of beer, wine and cocktails. I remember seeing somewhere that there was a cap on drink prices that are included ($12-$13?)

Not worried about being able to have some beers or cocktails at the pool, I'm hoping they at least have Tito's or Makers on board to have some mules, and plenty of beers, but what about wines by the glass at dinner?? Are we pretty much going to have to purchase a discounted bottle if we want wine for dinner??

I'm a bit confused. Sailing on my very first cruise, thought go big or go home and bought the Deluxe drink package. Are you saying that there are no wines that I would be able to get on the package? I tend to drink a good mix of beer, wine and cocktails. I remember seeing somewhere that there was a cap on drink prices that are included ($12-$13?)

Not worried about being able to have some beers or cocktails at the pool, I'm hoping they at least have Tito's or Makers on board to have some mules, and plenty of beers, but what about wines by the glass at dinner?? Are we pretty much going to have to purchase a discounted bottle if we want wine for dinner??

The package can be used for any wine available by the glass. If the price of the glass of wine is more than the package limit, you would have to pay the difference plus 18% of the difference.

The package also gives you a discount on wine by the bottle, 40% off for bottles less than $100 and 20% off for bottles over $100.

??

DH and I have always been able to find an ok white/red at dinner time, which was priced within the free package. A couple of times we got a more expensive one at vintages, and just paid the difference +18%

We always get drink package , you will have no problem with Tito’s or makers being covered we were drinking 18 year old chevis regal which was included. There was only 1 beer above limit, wine is another story , most wines we liked was a few dollars above the limit, so if your limit is 12 and you order a 15 dollar glass of wine you will get a check for 3 dollars and change. We had no problem getting wine by glass for dinner, mdr and specialty restaurants might have a slightly different wine list. Go yanks .

We always get drink package , you will have no problem with Tito’s or makers being covered we were drinking 18 year old chevis regal which was included. There was only 1 beer above limit, wine is another story , most wines we liked was a few dollars above the limit, so if your limit is 12 and you order a 15 dollar glass of wine you will get a check for 3 dollars and change. We had no problem getting wine by glass for dinner, mdr and specialty restaurants might have a slightly different wine list. Go yanks .

And if you befriend the bartenders, the sky is usually the limit. I highly encourage it!