Laundry Costs

mcrcruiser

We remember HAL used a fabric laundry bag in the state room to send out the laundry

Is HAL still using the fabric laundry bags ;which can hold more laundry ?

What is the cost per full laundry bag ? Does HAL have full Laundry bag specials ? We are doing just a 7 night cruise on Oosterdam next Feb 2018 .

TIA

Cliff

We remember HAL used a fabric laundry bag in the state room to send out the laundry

Is HAL still using the fabric laundry bags ;which can hold more laundry ?

What is the cost per full laundry bag ? Does HAL have full Laundry bag specials ? We are doing just a 7 night cruise on Oosterdam next Feb 2018 .

TIA

Cliff

Yes they still have the fabric bag, and it does hold lots. It was $20 a bag on our last couple of cruises, and was available every day. We have always been happy with the job they do on the laundry.

HAL still uses the cloth laundry bag. It costs $20 in most areas, and $30 in Europe, and is available every day. Or, you can purchase an unlimited plan for $7 per day of cruise ($9 in Europe).

HAL still uses the cloth laundry bag. It costs $20 in most areas, and $30 in Europe, and is available every day. Or, you can purchase an unlimited plan for $7 per day of cruise ($9 in Europe).

Not sure about the unlimited as we only did by-the-bag, but I am happy to report that the bag was only $20 in June on Zuiderdam in the Baltics. I was expecting $30 for Europe based on the CC boards but was in fact only charged $20. Others I was travelling with were also charged $20 so it was not a lucky error haha. Perhaps HAL has finally learned that consistency across the fleet makes for a better passenger experience? :-D

Does anyone know if Rotterdam has the self service laundry. We were just on Oosterdam and they had the $20 bag which was great if you had a good amount, but sometimes the self service was nice just for a small load. Anyone know? I've had a whole lot of Yes and No answers.

Does anyone know if Rotterdam has the self service laundry. We were just on Oosterdam and they had the $20 bag which was great if you had a good amount, but sometimes the self service was nice just for a small load. Anyone know? I've had a whole lot of Yes and No answers.

Yes, it does. They are on the Verandah and Main decks.

We have used them on a few sailings but usually do the $7/day unlimited laundry for the cabin. It allows us to pack fewer clothes and we leave the ship with some clean ones, which is convenient if we do anything post-cruise other than return straight home.

I think I remember that the Noordam does not have a self service laundromat. Is that correct? Does anyone know the cost of the unlimited laundry plan for Australia/New Zealand cruises?

Correct. There is no self-service laundry on the Noordam. A bag should cost $20, and the per diem for unlimited should be $7.

except for this sticky little itchy marker tags you will be pulling off for weeks - sort of a souvenir of your cruise.

I’ve been writing “Please do not place laundry stickers on stitches” and we’ve had NO stickers on our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise! I was tired of trying to gently pry off the stickers from the t-shirt hems (and ripping out stitching in the process). I don’t know if this sentence will work on other cruises but it’s working on this one!!! [emoji2]

• 5 months later...
has there been any increases in the price of laundry since October, 2017?

We cruised on Eurodam Jan/Feb 2018 and paid $20. for a well stuffed bag of laundry.

Clothes came back within a day, clean & neatly folded.

new to HAL....which ships have self serve laundry rooms?

It used to the Prinsendam and the S & R ships (Volendam, Maasdam, Rotterdam, Veendam, Amsterdam & Zaandam).

I say used to be as I think I read a thread where one of ths ships closed the self serve laundry but my memory is short. Hopefully someone has a better memory than I.

But the above list is it in a nutshell.

It used to the Prinsendam and the S & R ships (Volendam, Maasdam, Rotterdam, Veendam, Amsterdam & Zaandam).

I say used to be as I think I read a thread where one of ths ships closed the self serve laundry but my memory is short. Hopefully someone has a better memory than I.

Thanks. We will be in Veendam and would love it if it was still there!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Forums mobile app

I did a search and it was the Rotterdam that was reported to be closed. Not sure if it was permanent or not though ;)