Boarding question

Hello,

We just upgraded to junior suites so I assume that we board with suites, my sister and brother in law are emerald, will they be able to board with us? Is there a suite lounge or are the suites in a section like gold and platinum members?

Yes with a junior suite you can board first. I do not believe that Emerald had that perk...Diamond upwards. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on the topic will answer you. As far as lounges, in FLL there were no specific lounges just areas. We were the 2nd on board...so cool!

We have sailed the Oasis out of Canaveral 5 times now. Only Diamond +, Suites and Pinnacles can use the suite waiting area. Diamonds are squeezed in a small roped off area with chairs near the boarding area....

Your Emerald friends will not be allowed to go. We have asked when we had another couple with us and each time they said “sorry no”.

I do hope you enjoy your cruise. The Oasis is awesome!!!

Junior suites get to go to the suite lounge in the terminal, is it a private room or open area like everybody else goes?

It is not a closed off room but it is “very” separate from the rest of those waiting. Very nice comfortable area...

Arriving at 10:30 may put you ready to board the ship by 11:00 after luggage drop off, security and check in.

Most likely there will be no waiting to board by then. We usually arrive around 11 am and walk right on as all levels have already been called.

Thanks, in that case maybe I board with my sister/brother in law they are emerald....do you know whether special. needs/handicap board before suites of after?

You have already been told repeatedly on other of your threads that those needing wheelchair assistance must wait until there is a wheelchair and pusher (who should be tipped btw) available. Depending upon how many people need this service, there may or may not be a wait. I remember several years ago someone was complaining that there was a large group from a senior center all needing wheelchair assistance to board and it took an hour to get everyone on board. Other times you can get right on.

Hello,

We just upgraded to junior suites so I assume that we board with suites, my sister and brother in law are emerald, will they be able to board with us? Is there a suite lounge or are the suites in a section like gold and platinum members?

Just keep in mind that junior suites often do not have full suite privileges. You might be able to board a few minutes earlier but often do not have all the whistles and bells of a full suite.

Hello,

no they cannot wait with you in the suite area nor board with you. if you want to board together you must go by their boarding number.

Thanks, in that case maybe I board with my sister/brother in law they are emerald....do you know whether special. needs/handicap board before suites of after?

typically after, or at the very least from a separate access point. it is also first come first served and the wait for a free wheelchair can be quite long.

Thank you, I think I finally understand the system, sorry but never had any suite before but I bet I may get hooked and want to try the loft suite one day. ;)

Are you the one with the wheelchair? Keep in mind the Crown Loft suites have stairs to get to the bedroom and upper bathroom.

Yes, she is the poster that has asked several wheelchair questions, but has mentioned being in a junior suite. Would think she would be okay.

JS yes...ADA JS even better...but CL cabins are definitely not ADA. :o

And she did mention looking into booking a crown loft. :confused:

You have already been told repeatedly on other of your threads that those needing wheelchair assistance must wait until there is a wheelchair and pusher (who should be tipped btw) available. Depending upon how many people need this service, there may or may not be a wait. I remember several years ago someone was complaining that there was a large group from a senior center all needing wheelchair assistance to board and it took an hour to get everyone on board. Other times you can get right on.

And I'm sure they were grateful that they had the opportunity to go. Just as I would've been grateful that I wasn't in the wheelchair. Who are these people that move a little slower to get to a non-moving ship where all the amenities aren't even available yet decide to complain? I'm sure if anyone should be annoyed with the situation it should be the ones wheelchair bound on a very active vacation. They're probably the same ones following a thread by someone they don't want to see post questions....and then have the audacity to tell that person to tip as if they assume this person does not know proper etiquette...or that's it's not a personal choice.

And I'm sure they were grateful that they had the opportunity to go. Just as I would've been grateful that I wasn't in the wheelchair. Who are these people that move a little slower to get to a non-moving ship where all the amenities aren't even available yet decide to complain? I'm sure if anyone should be annoyed with the situation it should be the ones wheelchair bound on a very active vacation. They're probably the same ones following a thread by someone they don't want to see post questions....and then have the audacity to tell that person to tip as if they assume this person does not know proper etiquette...or that's it's not a personal choice.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear - it WAS someone with the senior group who needed wheelchair transportation herself who complained about the delay in boarding/disembarking. Now you can climb down from that horse. And you would be amazed how many people on this board have no clue when it comes to tipping etiquette.

I have to agree with Gerif, many do not tip even though they know they should......calling it "proper etiquette" is being very kind, I will say it as I see it....its called "BEING CHEAP"!

I didn't find it offensive at all that Gerif mentioned about the tip because I know too many people are either clueless or plain cheap, and tipping for this service is the right thing to do. There also is an old saying and so true "You treat them right and they treat you right".

Is this the same as Port Everglades and the Allure? We are in a GS and our neighbors are in a JS. Is it the same waiting area for both? We want to board with them so we will go wherever they go.

This is something I was unclear about until our first cruise in a suite on Allure sailing from FLL.

So here are some definitive answers assuming nothing has changed since Aug 2017.

If you are sailing from Port Everglades, terminal 18 (usual one for Allure) then you wait in a big room which is split into sections. Different sections for each loyalty level, plus a big section for suite guests including JS.

There is nothing special about the section for suite guests. It's just somewhere to sit and wait.

You get to board in order with the suite guests first, then each of the loyalty levels. It doesn't make much of a difference so best to just sit and wait in your allocated section and wait for your turn.

If you complete check-in and security after boarding has started then chances are that there is no waiting and you walk straight onto the ship.

It's not worth worrying about which section you can sit or whether you have priority boarding if in a mixed group. Simply ask at the terminal if not sure which line to join or which section to sit and wait. You are usually guided by the staff who will check your seapass.