MITSUGIRLY has a JEWEL of a time on my 1st RC cruise in years!

Kim, thanks for another great review. You are awesome!

Definitely try the Oasis class ships on Royal - that's where you find the great entertainment, even better food, and amazing WOW factor. Now that they have 4 ships, the older two (Oasis and Allure) are often pretty cheap.

Thanks again for putting in the time!

I know what I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting. I think I did let you know I got the Olympus Tough TG-5 and the fish eye lens as well. Using this pic as an example, is this taken with the fish eye? If so, is there a certain setting that you use to have the center (boat) in focus with the rest kind of blurred? I love how you do this and our trip to New Orleans is next week and I'm taking the TG-5 and would love to try for a few like this. Thanks!

I have an Olympus Tough as well. That is the Diorama setting I believe. I think it's in like the art selections. (Camera is not in front of me) I use it all the time as I love this setting too.

I have an Olympus Tough as well. That is the Diorama setting I believe. I think it's in like the art selections. (Camera is not in front of me) I use it all the time as I love this setting too.

I did notice some art selections, but hadn't really experimented with those yet so I need to look at some of those. Thank you!

I saw the mermaid sea glass picture on Pintress. But if you just google sea glass pictures, or sea glass art you will see many sites, There are crafts where you can use the glass to create jewelry, mobiles, vases, etc. The pictures sell for around $100, but I found instructions to make them yourself. There was even info on how to take your photos and transfer them onto larger pieces of sea glass, and with all your and Sakari's fantastic diving pictures you could come up with something gorgeous.

Cool thanks. I'll have to look that up.

I know what I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting. I think I did let you know I got the Olympus Tough TG-5 and the fish eye lens as well. Using this pic as an example, is this taken with the fish eye? If so, is there a certain setting that you use to have the center (boat) in focus with the rest kind of blurred? I love how you do this and our trip to New Orleans is next week and I'm taking the TG-5 and would love to try for a few like this. Thanks!

You can take a picture like that with or without the fish eye. Just put it on the P (Program function) and if it's the same as mine, it's "Art 6", which is the Diorama feature. If it's not Art 6, just look for Diorama.

If you get a chance to be up somewhere high (like a balcony or rooftop of the hotel) take a picture looking down at like people and cars and it's even cooler. :D That's when the picture ends up looking like a miniature village (otherwise known as "Tilt shift").

Hi again Kim, WOW! I would have been SO stressed out to find out my flight was leaving in a couple of hours!! So glad that it all worked out and that you made it home safely!

We found out early on that the kids clubs were not our sons thing. (Even on Disney!) He prefers to hang out with us. He says that vacation is time to spend with the family. (Yes, he was saying this at like 7 years old. Haha!) So when he was little, we would make him go for a few hours a couple of times during the week so that we could have mommy and daddy time.

When he was about 11 we started letting him just hang out in the room while we would go do something by ourselves for a couple of hours. (He knew not to answer the door.) He is 16 now and believe it or not, he still prefers to hang out with us. It’s funny, because he is a social butterfly and loves hanging with his friends at home, he would just rather hang out with us on vacation.

I’ll take it while I can! He will be gone before we know it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sakari usually loves the kids club but just wasn't too interested in this one for some reason. She may just be growing up. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741 She would be perfectly fine to stay in the room by herself. She's real responsible and mature when it comes to things like that. We just try to play it by ear now.

Kim is there more coming?clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Every time my hubby sees me engrossed in one of your reviews, he says why not organize a Mitsugirly Fan Club cruise! LOL!

LOL at the fan club.

Nothing else coming yet. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do for this summer (either land vacation or another cruise). I guess it will all depend on the pricing and timing.

Kim, thanks for another great review. You are awesome!

Definitely try the Oasis class ships on Royal - that's where you find the great entertainment, even better food, and amazing WOW factor. Now that they have 4 ships, the older two (Oasis and Allure) are often pretty cheap.

Thanks again for putting in the time!

I have always wanted to do the Oasis ships...just gotta find that perfect deal. Plus, every time I have looked, they go to Jamaica and that's one place I really don't care for. I did look for our November time frame and they are still about $1,000 more than other ships. It's just hard to justify.

Yep, it's the Diorama setting. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 Isn't it the greatest?

You can take a picture like that with or without the fish eye. Just put it on the P (Program function) and if it's the same as mine, it's "Art 6", which is the Diorama feature. If it's not Art 6, just look for Diorama.

If you get a chance to be up somewhere high (like a balcony or rooftop of the hotel) take a picture looking down at like people and cars and it's even cooler. :D That's when the picture ends up looking like a miniature village (otherwise known as "Tilt shift").

Yes, I love those pictures you've gotten too (picture ends up looking like miniature village. We may just get an opportunity later this week/early next... "Laissez le bon temps rouler"!!! :D:D:D Thank you!!!

I did start a website with all of my reviews and ports, ships and so on. I just haven't finished it or published and hosted it yet. I keep taking all these darn vacations and can't never seem to get caught up. I gave a preview of it on one of my other reviews.

If you are interested in checking out what I'm working on...here's a 3 minute video showing what I have been working on.

nrpOPUGnyBY

When you get this up and running it is going to be a fantastic place to go to. You might be able to sell advertising links to it to make some money.

I have never been to St John yet. I hear people talk about the wonderful snorkeling there. Some day I'll make it there.

My worst snorkeling experience was in St. Johns when there were a lot of cruise ships in port and the excursions filled the beach with the "snorkel trail." It was mayhem in the water with people flailing away, and every fish went miles the other way.

Thanks for the good luck from this nurse to you as a nurse.

I think if you posted in advance when you booked a cruise, you could probably sell out loads of cabins with people who want to travel with you. Of course, you then would have dozens of people trailing you around....:')

Yea, I agree about any of the cruise lines hiring me. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 People tell me that all the time but I'm sure they have the position filled already and I'm not even sure if that's an actual job.

Sakari is one very lucky girl. We all are very blessed to be able to have our travels and great family together on most of them.

I loved the way Sakari posed with all the statues in PR.

Kim, thank you very much for another great trip report! I know how long it takes me just to read your reviews, so I can only imagine how long it takes you to write them. I fell behind reading this review while on our land trip to Grand Cayman and it has taken a while to get caught up!

I couldn't believe that you, of all people, nearly missed your flight home! Sure is easy to lose track of time when you're on vacation, isn't it? I'm wondering, will Kendra ever let you live that one down? ;p Seriously, though, I'm glad everything worked out for you and you were able to make your flight.

I'm selfishly hoping you will choose another cruise for your next vacation because that means I will have another of your very enjoyable trip reports to look forward to reading!

Yes, I love those pictures you've gotten too (picture ends up looking like miniature village. We may just get an opportunity later this week/early next... "Laissez le bon temps rouler"!!! Thank you!!!

They are some of my favorites. I hope you were able to practice a little over the weekend. :D Also, practice with the way you hold the camera. If you hold it one way, the blur will be on the sides. If you hold it the other, it will be on the top and bottom, so keep that in mind when taking a picture. :)

When you get this up and running it is going to be a fantastic place to go to. You might be able to sell advertising links to it to make some money.

My worst snorkeling experience was in St. Johns when there were a lot of cruise ships in port and the excursions filled the beach with the "snorkel trail." It was mayhem in the water with people flailing away, and every fish went miles the other way.

I think if you posted in advance when you booked a cruise, you could probably sell out loads of cabins with people who want to travel with you. Of course, you then would have dozens of people trailing you around..

I loved the way Sakari posed with all the statues in PR.

I guess I should work on it a little more (the website) and get it up and going. I just can't seem to keep up with it.

Sorry to hear about your snorkeling experience in St John. Everyone always talks about how great the snorkeling is over there but I just haven't been able to bring myself to ferry over that way. I have heard others have the same issue that you did though. I was looking at cruises the other day and seen one that actually goes to St John. I'm going to check more into it.

LOL on people booking and following me around. I have had people come up to me saying "Hey, aren't you Mitsugirly?". It's weird to be recognized from people I don't know. My husband gets a kick out of it. It happens more when I sail NCL though.

We all had a different thought in our minds about posing with the statues. It just didn't turn out like I had hoped. :(

Kim, thank you very much for another great trip report! I know how long it takes me just to read your reviews, so I can only imagine how long it takes you to write them. I fell behind reading this review while on our land trip to Grand Cayman and it has taken a while to get caught up!

I couldn't believe that you, of all people, nearly missed your flight home! Sure is easy to lose track of time when you're on vacation, isn't it? I'm wondering, will Kendra ever let you live that one down? ;p Seriously, though, I'm glad everything worked out for you and you were able to make your flight.

I'm selfishly hoping you will choose another cruise for your next vacation because that means I will have another of your very enjoyable trip reports to look forward to reading!

Thanks for the kind words. It definitely takes a long time to prepare and write the reviews, but I have fun doing it.

How was the trip on GC? I have thought about doing that. I was thinking that SW flies there (or maybe it's GT, I can't remember).

Yea, I'm sure Kendra will bring my senior moment up again some day. She now has something to hold over my head. ;p

Why don't you just subscribe to the thread?

Which can be accomplished by clicking on THREAD TOOLS, (on a pc, near top of the page on right side), and selecting Subscribe to this Thread.:)

Thanks for the kind words. It definitely takes a long time to prepare and write the reviews, but I have fun doing it.

How was the trip on GC? I have thought about doing that. I was thinking that SW flies there (or maybe it's GT, I can't remember).

Yea, I'm sure Kendra will bring my senior moment up again some day. She now has something to hold over my head. ;p

Thanks for asking about Grand Cayman. We had a great time. Dive conditions were not quite as good as I've experienced there previously, but still really good. We did a lot better driving on the wrong side of the road this time than we did the last time we were there!

We flew Cayman Airways out of Tampa on both of our GC trips. I think Southwest does fly there, too, but Cayman Airways worked out better for us. Relatively short drive to Tampa for us, good flight times and prices, and a short flight with no stops. Oh, two free checked bags per person plus carry on! That really helps when bringing dive gear!

I'm sure Kendra will bring up your senior moment at some point, but you've got a lot more on her than she has on you, and you did make your flight home! Besides, she is way too young to be having senior moments! Actually, you're still a bit too young for those yourself!

My first ever cruise is in five days, on a ship you've done before (Carnival Conquest). Starting to read this review now and I'm sure I'll enjoy it and will get me excited for my vacation. Even though it's a completely different line.... you always have such great reviews.

Well, there's late to the review, and then, there's LATE to the review.

Today, the fam was all out. Extra shift for daughter, husband and son off to a friend's. I swear it's the first time I've had three hours alone since... Easter? And I was flipping through Cruise Critic and all of a sudden, I said, 'Hold the phone, Kim must have been on her spring cruise by now...."

And I poured another coffee, and started the review. And I just finished it. You made my Saturday, even if it is six weeks later. Lots of islands I'd really like to see, and courage to branch out from NCL. I really enjoyed it.

Kim, we just got back from our Harmony cruise. We had booked a Discover Scuba Diving excursion with H2O Cozumel. Unfortunately, the weather was really horrible that morning so they had to cancel. We were so bummed!

We don’t have another cruise booked. (Unusual for us.) (I told my hubby I want to go back to Hawaii.) So, don’t know when we will get to try it.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Thanks for asking about Grand Cayman. We had a great time. Dive conditions were not quite as good as I've experienced there previously, but still really good. We did a lot better driving on the wrong side of the road this time than we did the last time we were there!

We flew Cayman Airways out of Tampa on both of our GC trips. I think Southwest does fly there, too, but Cayman Airways worked out better for us. Relatively short drive to Tampa for us, good flight times and prices, and a short flight with no stops. Oh, two free checked bags per person plus carry on! That really helps when bringing dive gear!

I'm sure Kendra will bring up your senior moment at some point, but you've got a lot more on her than she has on you, and you did make your flight home! Besides, she is way too young to be having senior moments! Actually, you're still a bit too young for those yourself!

Thanks for the info on Cayman Airways. I didn't know about them. I will have to check them out and see if it's a better deal to fly to Tampa and then on with Cayman if we ever decide to go there.

My first ever cruise is in five days, on a ship you've done before (Carnival Conquest). Starting to read this review now and I'm sure I'll enjoy it and will get me excited for my vacation. Even though it's a completely different line.... you always have such great reviews.

I hope you had a wonderful cruise!!

Well, there's late to the review, and then, there's LATE to the review.

Today, the fam was all out. Extra shift for daughter, husband and son off to a friend's. I swear it's the first time I've had three hours alone since... Easter? And I was flipping through Cruise Critic and all of a sudden, I said, 'Hold the phone, Kim must have been on her spring cruise by now...."

And I poured another coffee, and started the review. And I just finished it. You made my Saturday, even if it is six weeks later. Lots of islands I'd really like to see, and courage to branch out from NCL. I really enjoyed it.

Haha...late is still good enough. Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed the review. It's always good to branch out. I like branching clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Love your reviews! Always excited to dig in!

Thanks so much. I hope you enjoy it.

Kim, we just got back from our Harmony cruise. We had booked a Discover Scuba Diving excursion with H2O Cozumel. Unfortunately, the weather was really horrible that morning so they had to cancel. We were so bummed!

We don’t have another cruise booked. (Unusual for us.) (I told my hubby I want to go back to Hawaii.) So, don’t know when we will get to try it.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Aww, it always sucks when the weather doesn't cooperate. We've had that experience before too (when we did a land vacation last year to Aruba...while the weather was good, the diving conditions wasn't and I'm still shocked that they took us out. It was not worth it!).

I always enjoy your reviews. The pictures were awesome as usual. The pictures you took on St. Maarten made me very sad. It will years before those islands are as beautiful as they use to be. Feel so sorry for the people who live there. Thanks again for sharing a wonderful review.

Hello Kim, I am a new follower. We have never meet or sailed together. We are Princess cruisers and of the older nature. Your reviews are beyond amazing. When I read them I feel like I am with you on the excursion. Your photos and the detailed information is very helpful. I enjoy you and your husbands come what may attitude when cruising. Saraki is such a beautiful and talented young lady. I just finished your review on Maya Kay when she was 4 years old. Wow has she grown. We are going on a Western Caribbean cruise in August. Based on your review we are going to Blue Kay. I am hoping you can help me make a decision about Roatan. I am considering Little French Key, Maya Kay or Bananarama. I'll give you a little info about us. I am the beach person in the sun and love snorkeling. My wonder husband is not at all a beach person, but will do whatever I would like (how blessed am I?). I usually find him a table in the bar or shady area where he can enjoy a cold one and read. I want to snorkel from the shore and take a guided tour on the reef. I have never snorkeled the wall and want to. Since my husbands stays with our belongings, passport, cash, credit cards and phones, I was concerned after I read your review about the incident with Billy at Bananarama, since my husband will be with the valuables. If you would prefer to discuss the Bananarama incident off of cruise critic, you could email me at deborahlynnmanning at gmail dot com. With what I have indicated, would you give me your very valuable opinion.Thanking you in advance. Deborah

• 2 weeks later...
I always enjoy your reviews. The pictures were awesome as usual. The pictures you took on St. Maarten made me very sad. It will years before those islands are as beautiful as they use to be. Feel so sorry for the people who live there. Thanks again for sharing a wonderful review.

Thanks and glad you enjoy them. Yes St Maarten was very sad to see. So much destruction, but they are rebuilding and it is still a beautiful place to go.

Hello Kim, I am a new follower. We have never meet or sailed together. We are Princess cruisers and of the older nature. Your reviews are beyond amazing. When I read them I feel like I am with you on the excursion. Your photos and the detailed information is very helpful. I enjoy you and your husbands come what may attitude when cruising. Saraki is such a beautiful and talented young lady. I just finished your review on Maya Kay when she was 4 years old. Wow has she grown. We are going on a Western Caribbean cruise in August. Based on your review we are going to Blue Kay. I am hoping you can help me make a decision about Roatan. I am considering Little French Key, Maya Kay or Bananarama. I'll give you a little info about us. I am the beach person in the sun and love snorkeling. My wonder husband is not at all a beach person, but will do whatever I would like (how blessed am I?). I usually find him a table in the bar or shady area where he can enjoy a cold one and read. I want to snorkel from the shore and take a guided tour on the reef. I have never snorkeled the wall and want to. Since my husbands stays with our belongings, passport, cash, credit cards and phones, I was concerned after I read your review about the incident with Billy at Bananarama, since my husband will be with the valuables. If you would prefer to discuss the Bananarama incident off of cruise critic, you could email me at deborahlynnmanning at gmail dot com. With what I have indicated, would you give me your very valuable opinion.Thanking you in advance. Deborah

Hi there and welcome to one of my reviews (of many :')). Thank you so much for the comments.

I think you will be happy with your choice of going to Blue Kay. I personally have had a great experience snorkeling in that area and it's right off the beach and in fairly shallow water. We have been there twice and had a great time.

In Roatan, West Bay is supposed to have some of the most amazing snorkeling right from the beach...along with the famous wall. We have been here twice and haven't had much luck either time (due to a little one and the water being too rough and the other time storms and the water rough). So, it's really hard for me to comment on if it is the best place to go.

We did have a great time at Maya Key and the snorkeling is awesome there right from the dock. They do have an animal sanctuary there and replica Mayan Ruins and also a pool that is refreshing after being in the ocean. I do have some personal feelings about going there due to the way they have been involved in treating their competition (Little French Key), which makes it very hard for me to recommend them.

Little French Key is heaven on earth. An absolute beautiful place to go and relax or swim in various areas they have on the island. They also have the animal sanctuary and the owner is just a sweetheart and very caring. However, you can snorkel around the area, but it won't be awesome snorkeling that you may be looking for. In order to get to the good snorkeling area, you have to take a boat out there. LFK charges $10 for the boat tour out to the reef. Even though I have been to LFK multiple times, I always manage to miss the boat tour. :o Go figure! But I have seen videos and pictures of it and it is AMAZING! We have canoed out that way and from what we have seen, it is absolutely gorgeous! But, price may play a factor on your decision.

It's just so hard to recommend a place because they are all supposed to have awesome snorkeling and plenty of places in the shade to just hang out at. I guess I would just look at my pictures I have and see what surroundings you think your hubby would like. Yes, West Bay Beach really worries me after Billys experience, although we wouldn't mind heading back because I have yet to get that experience of the reef right from the shore again. The weather (ocean) just doesn't seem to cooperate with me both times we have been there. :(

Kim, Thank you so much for your valuable information. I really appreciate it. A few more questions. I really want to snorkel from shore and see the reef, but definately do not want to go to Bananarama. Do you recall the names of any restaurants/bars next to Bananarama? The cruise ship has an excursion to Tabyana Beach, my research shows about .1 mile away, do you recall? Also, we are in port from 12N-7PM is that enough time to really enjoy Little French Key and not feel rushed (I will want to snorkel by boat)?

So looking forward to your next review. Will you post info about your upcoming cruise on this site. I don't want to miss it. Also, you have inspired me to get an underwater camera before this cruise. Thinking about the TG-5 since your photos are amazing (I am sure it the photographer, but I will do my best). Thank you again, Deborah

P4082309%20copy-L.jpg

P4082311%20copy-L.jpg

There's a beautiful view from up here.

P4082312%20copy-L.jpg

P4082313%20copy-L.jpg

P4082315%20copy-L.jpg

The actual name of the park is Parque De las Palomas. It's located next to Capilla del Cristo at the end of Cristo Street. This is a decent sized park with several shade trees, which make it nice. The trees are very interesting too and they twist and turn. There's several park benches and some walls to sit on...but beware, you won't be able to sit on the ones around the pigeons and I'm sure you can guess why. There is an area, within the park, that says "no feeding the pigeons beyond this point" and there's benches over there too.

P4082317%20copy-L.jpg

These beautiful pictures are making me feel so nostalgic...I'm from PR and moved to the states when I was 8, (just turned 40 this year) I remember so many school and family trips to this place...it's been 10 years (other than a quick day trip on a cruise in 09' I believe it was) since I've visited PR, I really should plan a trip soon, or another cruise would work too! Lol! Love Love your reviews!!! Thank you for writing them!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Kim, Thank you so much for your valuable information. I really appreciate it. A few more questions. I really want to snorkel from shore and see the reef, but definately do not want to go to Bananarama. Do you recall the names of any restaurants/bars next to Bananarama? The cruise ship has an excursion to Tabyana Beach, my research shows about .1 mile away, do you recall? Also, we are in port from 12N-7PM is that enough time to really enjoy Little French Key and not feel rushed (I will want to snorkel by boat)?

So looking forward to your next review. Will you post info about your upcoming cruise on this site. I don't want to miss it. Also, you have inspired me to get an underwater camera before this cruise. Thinking about the TG-5 since your photos are amazing (I am sure it the photographer, but I will do my best). Thank you again, Deborah

It's probably better to go on the Roatan board and ask for the different places. I know Infinity is mentioned a lot too and a lot of cruisers go to Tabayana and seem to like it and recommend it. If I go back to West Bay, I probably would head there.

LFK-it's such a small and unique island that I don't think "rushed" is something that goes with that place. :D It's so laid back and relaxing. The snorkeling trip wouldn't take too long out of the day and then you have the rest of the day to just relax on the beach, jump off the platforms, canoe or whatever. So simple to do everything. Usually when you first get off the barge there, they give you a super quick tour of the animals (which is located right as you get off the boat) and then turn you free to pick a beach (there's several) and you can stay at one or move around and experience them all if you want. Like I said VERY small island and easy to do everything or what you want. :)

Definitely get you a TG5 if you can. I just love these little amazing cameras.

We have decided to do a land vacation to Aruba again this summer. So, you will probably only find my posting on the Aruba portion for this summer. I haven't decided what cruise to do for the fall/winter yet.

These beautiful pictures are making me feel so nostalgic...I'm from PR and moved to the states when I was 8, (just turned 40 this year) I remember so many school and family trips to this place...it's been 10 years (other than a quick day trip on a cruise in 09' I believe it was) since I've visited PR, I really should plan a trip soon, or another cruise would work too! Lol! Love Love your reviews!!! Thank you for writing them!!!

Thank you so much. I absolutely LOVE PR! I'm sure so many things have changed since you lived there and visited. Definitely head back...especially if you can squeeze in a vacation.

Kim, Thank you again for your valuable info. I will check out the Roatan Board. Taybana is ship sponsored (a little more comfort in knowing we will not miss the ship). I would dislike missing the opportunity to go to LFK. There is always a next time. Enjoy your summer land vacation in Aruba (it is fabulous, I don't recall good snorkeling there). Have you ever been to Bonaire? Snorkeling just from the shore was beyond wonderful, definately want to go back and snorkel by boat. Thank you again for all your help. I greatly appreciate it. Please post on this thread when you do your winter cruise. I am now so addicted to your reviews. Enjoy, Deborah