Wine by the glass reviews

FredGold

any recommendations on which wines by the glass offered were really good.

lol...we have the UBP for the first time so I figured it is a good time to sample wines! I sail feb 25th so if you are after then I can report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are Malbec lovers and the one they have in the UBP is good. None of the wines are going to be perfect for those who really know and are used to top of the line, but there are several kinds that certainly are drinkable. They are probably on a par with a $10 bottle of wine you would drink at home.

I agree that they are probably all in the $10 a bottle range if purchased on shore. All the reds I've tried were ok though. For my free platinum bottle to go, I take the North South Red Blend. But those free bottles do come from an even more limited complementary wine list.

does anyone have a current list? Jade if it matters....

Here is the fleet wide Wine list

The Oberon Cab is probably the best wine by the glass on the list. I think the blend was OK but I wouldn't drink it at home. To the OP, I wouldn't describe any of the wines by the glass as really good ;)...although there are some nice bottles available.

On the Breakaway now. I think the Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Red blend, and Cab are all fine and I've been drinking them regularly. I tried the Riesling but it's too sweet for me. The Malbec, Merlot, and Chianti are all ok but not my favorites.

I've not sailed with NCL yet so I can't speak specifically to these, but I'm also really excited they have an albarino available. I got into the style while I was working at a higher end restaurant, and it's a really nice varietal to pair with seafood as it has a light salty quality to it. I know that sounds weird in a wine, but it works. I'm a red drinker by nature but I will get down with a nice albarino.

Anyone try this one yet?

Estancia Pinot Noir is also one that I drink at home; goes for $14-18 on land I'd say.

Here is the fleet wide Wine list

There is a newer one as only about half of these are available by the glass now. This is from the good old days. :-(

The below is pretty close, but may vary by specialty restaurant and the below is only showing type and brand etc.

WINE - NCL Price

Prosecco - $10.95

Pinot Grigio - $8.95

Chardonnay - $8.95

Riesling - $8.95

Moscato - $8.95

Sauv Blanc - $9.95

Malbec - $8.95

Merlot - $9.95

Cabernet Sauv - $8.95

Shiraz/Syrah - $9.95

Sangiovese - $9.95

Pinot Noir - $9.95

Red Blend - $9.95

Rose - $8.95

White Zin - $8.95

Dessert Wine - $7.25

This was taken from:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54421650&postcount=750

Edited by cliffy97
Update

Fast Pitch....thanks for the list.

Has anyone with UBP grabbing (2) 1.5 glasses of wine at a time? Any push back ?

On a UBP you can get two drinks at a time with only one card.......usually. And I've also had a server just go ahead and double pour one glass if you ask.

getPart?uid=30599600&partId=2&scope=STANDARD&saveAs=IMG_2160.JPG

There is a newer one as only about half of these are available by the glass now. This is from the good old days. :-(

The below is pretty close, but may vary by specialty restaurant and the below is only showing type and brand etc.

WINE - NCL Price

Prosecco - $10.95

Pinot Grigio - $8.95

Chardonnay - $8.95

Riesling - $8.95

Moscato - $8.95

Sauv Blanc - $9.95

Malbec - $8.95

Merlot - $9.95

Cabernet Sauv - $8.95

Shiraz/Syrah - $9.95

Sangiovese - $9.95

Pinot Noir - $9.95

Red Blend - $9.95

Rose - $8.95

White Zin - $8.95

Dessert Wine - $7.25

This was taken from:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54421650&postcount=750

recently off the escape and the new wine list is very limited . I did like the oberon cab on past cruise but now is only available by the bottle. If had could do a redo paying the corkage charge and not the service charge on the ubp may be the way to go. They really need some better reds at the 15$ a glass level Most of the wines I saw were in the 8$ bottle range I guess they want you to order a bottle and not use your ubp.. For me it made me question if i want to go on ncl again or try a different line

We had the shortened list on the Sun last summer, and I was bummed that there was no Albarino. I do enjoy sauvignon blanc though, and I thought the Matua was very good. The North South sauvignon blanc was borderline awful in my opinion. We also had the pinot noir and malbec and they were drinkable. The second glass was always better than the first ;)