laundry on Oasis of the Seas

12 Posts
Joined Sep 2018
Our family will most likely need to send some laundry to be washed during our 7 day cruise. Unfortunate that there are no self-serve laundry facilities...are there any laundry specials mid-way through the cruise?

Thank you!
Central Illinois
137,005 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
There is normally a wash fold bag available for $35. All you can stuff in the bag, limited to things like underwear, socks, shorts, t-shirts, pajamas, etc.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
12 Posts
Joined Sep 2018
Thanks for the advice. I didn't even think about laundry (and 5 small kids) when I booked and am disappointed that there aren't self-service machines like on Disney.
United States
3,614 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
I carry a small squeeze bottle of Woolite, or just use the shampoo, and wash somethings in the sink.
14,838 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by noya213
Our family will most likely need to send some laundry to be washed during our 7 day cruise. Unfortunate that there are no self-serve laundry facilities...are there any laundry specials mid-way through the cruise?

Thank you!
We were on Oasis last week and never saw any laundry specials as we have seen in the past. I would ask your cabin steward about bag specials.
12 Posts
Joined Sep 2018
Thank you for the info. How was your cruise, btw? And I'm new here...where should I look for guidance on excursions? I'm clueless ;-)
14,838 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Thank you for the info. How was your cruise, btw? And I'm new here...where should I look for guidance on excursions? I'm clueless ;-)
We had a great time, we really enjoy that class of ships and had sailed Oasis before. There is a port of calls area that has subforums for each port that might help you. I would start by looking at the excursions in your cruise planner and then looking for reviews and suggestions in the port of calls area.
Virginia
632 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by 3hearts4me
Beware that they are industrial washers and dryers. Don’t send out anything delicate or pricey. I would not use again.
Agree. I have had many tank tops and t-shirts come back with tiny holes. Thankfully, they were inexpensive, replaceable items.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Royal Caribbean: 2017 Oasis of Seas (PC), 2016 Anthem of Seas (NJ), 2015 Quantum of Seas (NJ), 2010 Enchantment of Seas (Norf), 2005 Serenade (SJU), 2004 Navigator (MIA), 2003 Majesty (MIA), 2001 Sovereign (PC)

Carnival: 2018 Pride (Blt), 017 Sunshine (Norf), 2016 Magic (PC), 2015 Splendar (Norf) 2015 Pride (Blt), 2014 Pride (Blt), 2013 Glory (Norf), 2013 Dream (PC), 2012 Pride (Blt), 2012 Glory (Norf), 2011 Pride (Blt), 2010 Glory (Blt), 2009 Fascination (Jax), 2009 Glory (PC), 2009 Pride (Blt), 2008 Legend (Tampa), 2008 Victory (Norf), 2007 Victory (Norf), 2004 Destiny (SJU)

Celebrity: 2013 Summit (NJ)
Central Illinois
137,005 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Oh no! Will there be laundry service or facilities available at any of the 3 ports?
You don't have to use the wash & fold service. You can use the regular laundry service and specify cold water, etc.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
14,838 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Oh no! Will there be laundry service or facilities available at any of the 3 ports?
What three ports are you going to? I have never actually looked for laundromats in port, but I would guess if you did some googling, you might find one.

I would really try to pack so you don't have to do laundry, wash a few things in the bathroom sink if needed and only do laundry on the ship if you absolutely need stuff.
12 Posts
Joined Sep 2018
Falmouth, Cozumel and Labadee.
The issue with bringing enough is that--we don't own that many pairs of underwear ;-) Also, we have to work around baggage restrictions. Thank you for your advice :-)
Central Illinois
137,005 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
The issue with bringing enough is that--we don't own that many pairs of underwear ;-) Also, we have to work around baggage restrictions. Thank you for your advice :-)
Some just wash small items in the stateroom sink and hang to dry.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Virginia
240 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
I won't pay Royal's price for laundry service, so I pack a few plastic-coated wire hangers and some (deflated) balloons, along with a bit of Woolite and I wash out anything that needs laundered in the bathroom sink. After washing, I'll spread the item out on a beach towel that I roll up and stomp on to get excess water out, and then hang it on the plastic hanger and put a (now blown up and tied off) balloon in it so it will dry fast (the fabric gets more air circulation with the balloon inside). I pop the balloons and throw them away at the end of the cruise. Works like a charm, if you don't mind laundry hanging around your room for a few hours....
Janis
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previously sailed:
Allure of the seas - Feb 2018
Explorer of the Seas (Alaska) - Sept 2017
Carnival Elation - Feb 2017
Adventure of the Seas - Sept 2016
Carnival Conquest - Apr 2016
Freedom of the Seas - Nov 2015
Carnival Splendor - May 2015
Carnival Pride - Nov 2014
Grandeur of the Seas - May 2014
Carnival Dream - Nov 2013
Carnival Valor - May 2013
Carnival Legend - Nov 2012
Carnival Liberty - May 2012
Carnival Dream - Nov 2011
Carnival Splendor - May 2011
Carnival Dream - Nov 2010
Carnival Valor - May 2010
Caribbean Princess - Nov 2009
Carnival Triumph -May 2009
Carnival Glory - Nov 2008
Carnival Victory - Nov 2007
Carnival Glory - Nov 2006
SC
34 Posts
Joined Jul 2018

Sounds like it will be cheaper to buy more underwear, than to pay for laundry service. Have you considered using packing cubes? They are inexpensive and you really can get a lot in them, especially if you roll your clothes. I used them last month on our 1st cruise. I will be buying more for our next cruise.

I will be on the Oasis of the Seas this coming April. I am really looking forward to it.
12 Posts
Joined Sep 2018
Originally posted by coasterjan
I won't pay Royal's price for laundry service, so I pack a few plastic-coated wire hangers and some (deflated) balloons, along with a bit of Woolite and I wash out anything that needs laundered in the bathroom sink. After washing, I'll spread the item out on a beach towel that I roll up and stomp on to get excess water out, and then hang it on the plastic hanger and put a (now blown up and tied off) balloon in it so it will dry fast (the fabric gets more air circulation with the balloon inside). I pop the balloons and throw them away at the end of the cruise. Works like a charm, if you don't mind laundry hanging around your room for a few hours....
Janis
You are super creative!!