Labadee and swimming

I have one of the clamshell rental chairs reserved for Labadee next week. We like to swim and based on what I've read, the beach the clamshell rental chairs are on is quite rocky. Am I better off just cancelling the reservation and seeking free chairs on a less-rocky beach? if so, is there ever a shortage?

Never did a clam shell but they look pretty nice. It would be nice to have the guarantee and privacy. So, depends on whether that is more important. If you take swim shoes you'll be fine getting into the water. Actually, in my experience, except for Columbus Cove, the other beaches are rocky as you enter the water. So.. swim shoes is really the way to go. Then you can swim at any beach.

I would keep the clam shell. If you cannot get a Cabana- at least shade! Beach usually fine- but I am not sure which beach you are referring to as Rocky.

Thanks everyone.

From what I've read on CC the clam shells are on Adrenaline Beach, which is the rockiest, and Columbus (or Columbia) beach has very few rocks. Any experience to share? Maybe with water shoes even the rockier beaches will be fine.

Thanks everyone.

From what I've read on CC the clam shells are on Adrenaline Beach, which is the rockiest, and Columbus (or Columbia) beach has very few rocks. Any experience to share? Maybe with water shoes even the rockier beaches will be fine.

That's been my experience with the beaches. If you head off the ship early you should be able to get a lounger that's in some shade at Columbus Cove.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

I can't really speak to the rocks (I only swam at Columbus Cove), however if you prefer to switch beaches, they did have umbrellas to rent at Columbus Cove, and they set them up in the sand next to your chairs for you. I think they were $20 (don't quote me on it - we sat in the sun :cool:)

I can't really speak to the rocks (I only swam at Columbus Cove), however if you prefer to switch beaches, they did have umbrellas to rent at Columbus Cove, and they set them up in the sand next to your chairs for you. I think they were $20 (don't quote me on it - we sat in the sun :cool:)

Ahhhh, interesting. And is this area close to one of the bars?

We had a clamshell on Adrenaline Beach 2 weeks ago. We have to avoid sun, so that worked out well and made it worth it to us. The beach was a bit rocky, and water shoes necessary, but as long as you have them I think you would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would add that there are also sea urchins in the water.

Myself and my wife both came back to the ship with small urchin spines in the soles of our feet.

Wish we had worn he water shoes that we had purchased for Jamaica [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually go to Nellies beach- which is closer, albeit more crowded- I like to wear water shoes at beach- The water at Nellies and Barefoot beach very calm. And Nellies does have clam shells.

In addition, Nellies close to a bar and rest rooms- also close to the lunch barbecue and close to water park for kids-

Edited by Cruise a holic

Ahhhh, interesting. And is this area close to one of the bars?

Sure is! It's not particularly close to any of the food areas, but the food that day didn't really look worth waiting in line for, so we waited to eat until we got back on the ship. In hindsight, it might be a good idea to grab some cookies or chips from Park Café or something to bring with you if you pick this area to hang out :)

Sure is! It's not particularly close to any of the food areas, but the food that day didn't really look worth waiting in line for, so we waited to eat until we got back on the ship. In hindsight, it might be a good idea to grab some cookies or chips from Park Café or something to bring with you if you pick this area to hang out :)

Columbus Cove is right next to the food! We were there last week. There was a very wide variety of food at the BBQ pavilion. There were lots of cookies, brownies, Oreo muffins, and many other snack like items. Although I do wish they had chips on labadee. And FWIW Park Cafe on Harmony had no chips last week. My 5 year old wanted them and they were unavailable every single day.

We usually go to Nellies beach- which is closer, albeit more crowded- I like to wear water shoes at beach- The water at Nellies and Barefoot beach very calm. And Nellies does have clam shells.

In addition, Nellies close to a bar and rest rooms- also close to the lunch barbecue and close to water park for kids-

Is this the beach that would be best for a family with young kids? My kids like to swim and build sand castles. Do they need water shoes at this beach? Also, where can you reserve clam shells and how much?

Is this the beach that would be best for a family with young kids? My kids like to swim and build sand castles. Do they need water shoes at this beach? Also, where can you reserve clam shells and how much?

IMO best beach for young children and families- I remember getting off the ship early and asked a beach attendant at Nellies for a clam shell. It has been a while since we last got a clam shell, as we almost always get a cabana now- especially when traveling with family.

Since they have a limited # of clam shells, best to get off the ship early. Our kids wore water shoes- I would suggest if they do not like hot sand- and some small shells or rocks in the shallow water- get them water shoes-

IMO best beach for young children and families- I remember getting off the ship early and asked a beach attendant at Nellies for a clam shell. It has been a while since we last got a clam shell, as we almost always get a cabana now- especially when traveling with family.

Since they have a limited # of clam shells, best to get off the ship early. Our kids wore water shoes- I would suggest if they do not like hot sand- and some small shells or rocks in the shallow water- get them water shoes-

Clam shells are no longer free at other locations. You can get an umbrella, but clamshells are reserved (and cost $) on Adrenaline Beach and already set up. We had one our last trip and absolutely would do it again. We always wear swim shoes and there were kids in the water at Adrenaline when we were there. We did see a couple of adults who cut their feet on the rocks. But, we always wear swim shoes at every beach so it's not an issue for us.

Clam shells are no longer free at other locations. You can get an umbrella, but clamshells are reserved (and cost $) on Adrenaline Beach and already set up. We had one our last trip and absolutely would do it again. We always wear swim shoes and there were kids in the water at Adrenaline when we were there. We did see a couple of adults who cut their feet on the rocks. But, we always wear swim shoes at every beach so it's not an issue for us.

I've got a clam shell reserved; no kids, just 2 adults, and we like getting in the ocean. Sounds like we'll be in good shape on Adrenaline beach with some water shoes. I'd prefer to go to the beach amp0289 referenced, but I like that the clam shells are reserved and it appears unless you buy a cabana, that's the only option to reserve anything.

Thanks everyone.

The Bungalows are also an option- located at Columbus Beach. For us it was well worth $200 for the day. A baby, a 5 year old and 4 adults. It came with two beach mats, 6 large bottles of Evian, four towels, and two guys who got drinks for us!

They are right next to the food. The beach was perfect and not rocky!

There Are only eight of them so I think they sell out quick!

d7a0a899c28403905b74b2d50b1ca33f.jpg