Bringing Bottled Water on Freedom of the Seas

Does anyone know if you can bring your own bottled water when you board? I can't seem to find anything for or against it on the RCI website (other than non-alcoholic beverages are prohibited, but I wouldn't necessarily consider water non-alcoholic, I would think soda, juice, etc.). Anyone with any experience that can tell me? Thanks so much! I leave in 11 days (YAY!).

OP, you do know that the ship's water is pure and fine for drinking, right? If you like to drink it from a bottle, why not just pack a refillable water bottle and use that?

Great idea, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, you do know that the ship's water is pure and fine for drinking, right? If you like to drink it from a bottle, why not just pack a refillable water bottle and use that?

Truer words were never spoken. What do you think they make the ice cubes, coffee, tea, lemonade, soups, etc., from? I guess I just didn’t come from a bottled water generation and have been cruising long before anyone thought of bottled water. Could never understand the mentality of dragging cases of water on a cruise ship.

We usually put a 12 pack of bottled water in a tote bag by itself with a luggage tag and check it. We are fully prepared to have it confiscated. So far it has always arrived at our cabin. Don't be afraid to ask questions here there are some lovely knowledgeable people who make up for the few nasty posters. Have a great cruise. :)

I saw someone brought on a case of water on the Oasis last week

They carried it around with them.

We brought a case of water in a extra bag. If it made it, it made it. If not, it was worth the gamble. We stopped at Target and paid 3 or 4 bucks for the case.

We usually put a 12 pack of bottled water in a tote bag by itself with a luggage tag and check it. We are fully prepared to have it confiscated. So far it has always arrived at our cabin. Don't be afraid to ask questions here there are some lovely knowledgeable people who make up for the few nasty posters. Have a great cruise. :)

Thank you, very kind of you!

I saw someone brought on a case of water on the Oasis last week

They carried it around with them.

We brought a case of water in a extra bag. If it made it, it made it. If not, it was worth the gamble. We stopped at Target and paid 3 or 4 bucks for the case.

Thanks much!

I have heard that there is a little residual salt in the onboard water. Anyone know for sure how true this is?

I have heard that there is a little residual salt in the onboard water. Anyone know for sure how true this is?

I've been told that the desalinated water has no excess salt, and that the salt is coming from the food.

All I know is that if my wife drinks the ship's water, her ankles swell. If she drinks bottled water, no swelling. Whether this is because she drinks more water when she has bottled water and that flushes her system, I don't know.

I also know that the ship's water comes from 3 sources:

Desalinization

Reverse osmosis

Municipal water obtained in ports

We had most of our swelling problems on Monarch, an old ship doing 3/4 day cruises. I've read that they don't have a lot of time to desalinate on the short cruises, so maybe our problem was municipal water.

I can't tell you the cause, I can only say that drinking bottled water solved the swelling problem.

Back from my cruise. Had a wonderful time. My sister took her reusable water bottle and was fine. Just wanted to share that I saw plenty of people bringing cases of water on board. At one port (I think it was St. Thomas) there was a supermarket right by the port and one passenger brought a case of water and brought it on board with no problem. So if you want to bring your own water feel free to do so. Great ship, great time!

• 1 month later...
Do anyone wish that Royal would just do what Carnival does now and charge a reasonable amount for a case rather than $39 a case. It's just ridiculous for them to do that.

Agree! Carnival charged about $4 a case of water. Buying from the ship was a no-brainer.

I brought a case a water on my last RCL cruise. I just slapped a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to my room.

You said in another post that this was in Cape Liberty. We cruised out of there the first week in Sept. 2018. We had a luggage tag on a case of water (24 bottles) and the porters said it was not allowed anymore. So we had to carry it on ourselves. My DH had a bungee cord and we were able to attach it to our carryon roller bag.

You said in another post that this was in Cape Liberty. We cruised out of there the first week in Sept. 2018. We had a luggage tag on a case of water (24 bottles) and the porters said it was not allowed anymore. So we had to carry it on ourselves. My DH had a bungee cord and we were able to attach it to our carryon roller bag.

A new rule went into effect on September 1.

Limit of 12 bottles, 17 ounces or less, of non-alcoholic beverages allowed. You must carry them on yourself.

You lucked out if they let you take that case. The limit is per cabin.

A new rule went into effect on September 1.

Limit of 12 bottles, 17 ounces or less, of non-alcoholic beverages allowed. You must carry them on yourself.

You lucked out if they let you take that case. The limit is per cabin.

Thanks for the update. Will be going on the Anthem from Cape Liberty in Dec. Will just take 12 bottles of water and some mini cans of Coke.