Transatlantic balconies?

siren

Going on my first Transatlantic cruise with 12 days and 4 ports. We usually do balconies, but do I need one with all the sea days?? We are going in May and not sure how the weather is and if we'll even use the balcony. I know it is subjective but why spend the extra cash if we don't use it.

Going on my first Transatlantic cruise with 12 days and 4 ports. We usually do balconies, but do I need one with all the sea days?? We are going in May and not sure how the weather is and if we'll even use the balcony. I know it is subjective but why spend the extra cash if we don't use it.

We like the huge amount of natural light, even if we don't go outside much. However, if that is not a big deal to you, then save the cash and go with an oceanview.

it is warmer on the starboard side on an east bound TA because the sun is always on that side of the ship during the day time. I like a balcony on A TA.

JC

Certainly warmer if the sun is out, but it's not always sunny. We had very few sunny days on our recent TA this past November..

We have been lucky so far on our only Transatlantic sail the weather was great. We did make use of the balcony during the entire voyage. But weather as you know can be fickle. And as others mentioned the balcony does cost a bit more. Our Transatlantic began first with a Med. trip then to the Azores and finally across the ocean to Ft. Lauderdale. We had lots of sea days and loved them.:)

We believe the best reason to have a balcony is "sea days".

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We believe the best reason to have a balcony is "sea days".

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I agree. We had a balcony on our last TA, which was during the middle of April and we used it a lot. A few days we had some dicey weather, but we were glad we had it.

I booked another balcony for our next TA this April and I'm looking forward to it.

We have completed 12 TA’s, one with balcony on side, 11 were corner aft. Best balcony for TA is corner aft; usable in all types of weather. Never used side - too windy and no use when raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree. Just booked another TA scored the SUN side corner/Aft on Vision for the APR 2019. Love them so much last 4 yrs that sail 3-4 corner/aft cruises on Serenade also...

If our cruise is going to be longer than 7-9 days, then I want a balcony!:D

We’re doing our 7th TA in April, a balcony is mandatory. We may not use it a lot but I think it makes the cabin seem bigger and I like the added light.

Sherri😀

I like the way having a balcony makes the room seem. bigger/not so closed in. Even on not so great days, I love being able to look out and watch the ocean. We did have some "rock 'n roll" days on the Serenade TA last April and I did enjoy my view even though I wasn't able to use my balcony. There are down times on TAs. It was great to relax and enjoy the view.

We always have a balcony and did on our two trans-Atlantics. On both the weather was "coolish" and kind of windy, so I did not use the balcony nearly as much as on more port-intensive cruises (Carib., Med., even Alaska). YMMV ! :D