What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Hahaha --

Thanks Cruzinmama for asking the question...

I was just coming to this site to ask the same thing :cool:...

I will now scroll through the additional posts & hope someone has the answer...

Cheers & Happy Friday All -- Von

Hello everybody. Has anyone ever heard of them rescinding the offer to upgrade? At exactly 80 days I did not get an email from NCL,but rather a link on my NCL page that said “let’s get you upgraded” I put in a few bids and I have been waiting to hear. I checked yesterday, because I check every day, and the “let’s get you upgraded”link is gone, the message in my messages is gone, and I have the same room that I had before. No email denying, no email accepting . Just simply as if they changed their mind. Has anyone heard of this? I am leaning towards the deny, because if I was upgraded they would’ve told me, but I was just wondering if this had ever happened to anybody else. I was in a balcony guarantee and my cabin was assigned about 10 days after I put my bids in. Actually I got a great cabin, so if they deny I am ok. The whole thing is just a little weird and I was looking to see what you all thought. Thanks!

Hahaha --

Thanks Cruzinmama for asking the question...

I was just coming to this site to ask the same thing :cool:...

I will now scroll through the additional posts & hope someone has the answer...

Cheers & Happy Friday All -- Von

I never got an upgrade, but people on here say to check to see if your credit card has been charged for it. If it has, you probably got it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I never got an upgrade' date=' but people on here say to check to see if your credit card has been charged for it. If it has, you probably got it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks Debbie --

I'll remember that. The link just went for a little tour & returned about 6 hours later....

As of right now, fewer than half of the Haven rooms on your sailing are booked. There are 41 of the 80 rooms available. With this being the case, I think you could be pretty conservative with your bids and put something in the "poor" range in each category you are interested in. As the sailing gets closer, keep an eye on both inventory and price. You can check each by looking up your sailing on NCL and doing a "mock booking" where you go through as if you are going to book a Haven room up to the point where it lets you choose your cabin location. Here are the current numbers of available rooms in each Haven category:

H9 - $2499 - 5/16 available

H7 - $2899 - 5/10 available

H6 - $2999 - 7/12 available

H5 - $2799 - 11/18 available

H4 - $3299 - 11/20 available

H3 - $4199 - 1/2 available

H2 - $5299 - 1/2 available

If you see the prices drop or rooms start to sell out, you can adjust your bids accordingly.

Can some explain the difference between each h2, 3 etc

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can some explain the difference between each h2, 3 etc

It can differ from ship to ship. I would recommend looking at the info for whatever ship you are sailing on, but here is the link for the Getaway: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/staterooms/The-Haven

You can use that same URL and replace "getaway" with the name of another ship to get the Haven info for that ship.

I booked an inside guarantee on the POA two weeks ago for sailing 7/28. I got the upgrade offer and put in a low bid for a balcony on what appears to be a fully booked ship. I never got a denial email but I see now that my upgrade message disappeared and I now have a room number assigned (inside cabin) so it does appear that my bid has been denied. I just find it odd I never got an email.

I booked an inside guarantee on the POA two weeks ago for sailing 7/28. I got the upgrade offer and put in a low bid for a balcony on what appears to be a fully booked ship. I never got a denial email but I see now that my upgrade message disappeared and I now have a room number assigned (inside cabin) so it does appear that my bid has been denied. I just find it odd I never got an email.

Wow I spoke too soon. Logged back in to NCL and for some reason my upgrade message is back, as is the ability to modify my bid. So I guess it hasn’t been denied (yet). So strange!

Getting assigned a stateroom for your original GTY doesn't mean your bid was rejected. Bids aren't typically declined until the last minute (48 hours prior to sailing). Some bids are *accepted* earlier than that, but they don't actually decline bids until the last minute just in case there are late cancellations.

Does our status with NCL Latitudes have any pull? I am Silver, my friend coming with is Bronze.

I've got a few cruises coming up, with bids on 1, debating the second.

Aug NCL Jewel - Alaska S/B. Booked IF, assigned IC. Bid to OV is $50 to $250; Price variance between what I paid and OK is $100. Bid for BAL is $350, range is $75 to $450. Price diff to BX is $800; BA $1730; But MX is only $1200; So I'm wondering if I should just pay the difference for OK to try to get into MX?

Sep NCL Sky - Bahamas Booze cruise - Booked BC (just noticed BB for same price, so moving so we aren't under the pool deck-noise). UG to SF - $1065 pp to buy, or $300-$1000 on the bid; SE $1145 to buy, $300-$1000 to bid, SB $1445 to buy, $500-$1750 to bid, and SG - no price in the booking portal (airline staff), but bid is $300 to $1000.

I've done the Sky before on this same cruise (except we went to Freeport)... debating the UG.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can actually see the bid page? Is it still invitation only?

If you are within 80 days of your sailing, you should see a "Let's Get You Upgraded" ad on the first page when you log into My NCL.

Does our status with NCL Latitudes have any pull? I am Silver, my friend coming with is Bronze.

Some have suggested that loyalty and past cruise spending might play a role in bid acceptance, but we haven't seen any hard proof of that. NCL certainly isn't letting us know what goes into bid acceptance beyond what nets them the most money.

Some have suggested that loyalty and past cruise spending might play a role in bid acceptance, but we haven't seen any hard proof of that. NCL certainly isn't letting us know what goes into bid acceptance beyond what nets them the most money.

Well my bid was accepted for my fourth booking within a year - sounds like loyalty to me. Didn't bid on the other three cruises.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Well my bid was accepted for my fourth booking within a year - sounds like loyalty to me. Didn't bid on the other three cruises.

I think that, with that little info, it's pretty hard to know if "loyalty" had anything to do with your bid being accepted. You said yourself that you didn't even try bidding on the first two cruises. Many people have posted here and in the previous thread about their bids being accepted on their first cruise with NCL. I had a bid accepted on my second cruise with NCL (didn't bid on the first cruise), but it was a really high bid. I bet the fact my bid was really high had more to do with the acceptance than the fact that it was my second cruise with them in four months.

I wouldn't be surprised if loyalty and past on board spending factored into their algorithm to some degree, but it is certainly not the only factor or even one of the primary factors.

I think that, with that little info, it's pretty hard to know if "loyalty" had anything to do with your bid being accepted. You said yourself that you didn't even try bidding on the first two cruises. Many people have posted here and in the previous thread about their bids being accepted on their first cruise with NCL. I had a bid accepted on my second cruise with NCL (didn't bid on the first cruise), but it was a really high bid. I bet the fact my bid was really high had more to do with the acceptance than the fact that it was my second cruise with them in four months.

I wouldn't be surprised if loyalty and past on board spending factored into their algorithm to some degree, but it is certainly not the only factor or even one of the primary factors.

Jamie, I agree! I had only sailed once with NCL and that was almost 10 years ago, yet I won my bid to a Haven 2 bedroom and my bid per their meter was in the poor range.

while i just booked my cruise a few days ago, today i got an email to bid to upgrade from Inside to oceanview, this is only my 2nd cruise, im not sure how all this works it says bid from 85-150 a person, not sure if i should do this or not