Arrival/Departure Fee Required?

AryMay

I was just looking at the itinerary on our booking confirmation for the Zaandam South America/Antarctia cruise for January 2019. For both San Antonio, Chile and Ushuaia, Argentina there is a note that states "Arrival/Departure Fee Required".

What is this? :confused:

Having been on the Zaandam during her December/January cruise, I don't recall such a fee. If there was one, it ought to have been incorporated into the port taxes, fees, etc. charge that one pays. I'd suggest that you contact Ship Services at HAL to ask about this. Or, if you have a travel agent, ask that person to find an answer to your question.

Be prepared for a great cruise!

When my sister flew into Santiago, Chile (not on a cruise), she had to pay an entry feel. This may be something connected to the flight and not the cruise. HAL is probably giving you a heads up.

Roz

Having been on the Zaandam during her December/January cruise, I don't recall such a fee. If there was one, it ought to have been incorporated into the port taxes, fees, etc. charge that one pays. I'd suggest that you contact Ship Services at HAL to ask about this. Or, if you have a travel agent, ask that person to find an answer to your question.

Be prepared for a great cruise!

Yes., :)

Any/all of those fees should be rolled into your cruise fare. We had no extra charges on the Zaandam for those ports in December 2016.

I know for a fact that the exit fees from Chile on an airplane are now rolled into the price of your plane ticket.

Many countries, including the US, have exit fees. My first visit years ago to Peru....I had to pay something like $30. at the airport before we could board our flight to the US. Now, happily, most places include it in the airfare.

In all my readings, the reciprocity fees that these countries have in place are "temporarily" suspended for now. Also, many port of entry have not ever bothered to charge these fees upon entry.

It's possible HAL or your TA is doing a bit of CYA in case something changes.