BIG NEWS! We Are Proud to Announce....

BBMacLaird

Thanks for reporting back! WOW update..LOL. Glad it worked out!

I think that whatever resolutions Azamara offers, they should be equal across the board!? It is distressing to think they might not be. Again, I have no horse in this race!

Did they know you had posted on Cruise Critic?

"They" know.

Bonnie,

As I said earlier, I am not affected by this new rollout. Just watching. I have taken 3 previous Azamara cruises.....with another one coming up. Not sure how I want to proceed after watching all this in regards to more bookings with Azamara. Love the ships and the experience once onboard, but not especially thrilled with what has happened lately with cruise cancellations and this rollout of Pursuit.

Those who are posting on this site seem to be resolving these recent issues to their satisfaction recently which helps inspire some confidence back to those of us on the sidelines.

Can you tell us if this resolution is happening across the board to all customers who booked at the “mistaken” rates, for lack of a better phrase.......are they being contacted and being allowed to keep their rates? Can you reassure those of us who are leery of what we have been reading lately?

WOW Update...I am pleasantly surprised and pleased to report that, as of an hour ago, Azamara corporate has agreed to honor my original pricing and has restored my booking to reflect the original fare. I am satisfied that they did the right thing with my booking, although I’m not optimistic that all similarly situated customers will receive a consistent resolution. As a matter of fact, it is not out of the realm of possibility that my booking may yet change again, but I at least wanted to report what appears for now to be a satisfactory resolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is good news! So glad AZ did the right thing and you are satisfied! Let's hope the same for all others impacted! LuAnn

Bonnie,

As I said earlier, I am not affected by this new rollout. Just watching. I have taken 3 previous Azamara cruises.....with another one coming up. Not sure how I want to proceed after watching all this in regards to more bookings with Azamara. Love the ships and the experience once onboard, but not especially thrilled with what has happened lately with cruise cancellations and this rollout of Pursuit.

Those who are posting on this site seem to be resolving these recent issues to their satisfaction recently which helps inspire some confidence back to those of us on the sidelines.

Can you tell us if this resolution is happening across the board to all customers who booked at the “mistaken” rates, for lack of a better phrase.......are they being contacted and being allowed to keep their rates? Can you reassure those of us who are leery of what we have been reading lately?

Here's how I'm told it is being handled across the board:

Anyone who had a Pursuit booking created and deposited under the early, lower prices, will keep those original prices.

Anyone whose booking was Under Option and did not make a deposit has had the Option repriced at the correct (current) prices.

Anyone who had a Pursuit booking created and deposited under the early, lower prices, will keep those original prices.

Anyone whose booking was Under Option and did not make a deposit has had the Option repriced at the correct (current) prices.

Thank you for the information. Good to hear!

Thank you Bonnie for the follow up. :)

Thank you Bonnie for the follow up. :)

Just wondering how you are handling the fact that many Le Club members NEVER received an email with the link to be able to see and book these new cruises at the lower rate?

This lack of ability to get emails and or stay on the email list is a systemic problem across the US and UK and OZ for sure and probably many other markets.

Speaking for ourselves we were knocked off the email list several times and only Nicole seems to have the ability to add us back in. The latest add back on got us on the general non Le Club list but no Le Club emails including no notification that as Le Club members we could book Pursuit voyages early and at the better rates you are now allowing those who got the notifications.

Thanks in advance in addressing this issue from the top and fixing for once and for or this systemic problem in your IT department.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated...

Thank you, Bonnie, for replying to our “rant” concerning the saga of the “offer” for LCV members for future Pursuit cruises. We must congratulate you for your professionalism in responding to the many disquieted comments made by LCV members who feel, as we do, that the whole episode has been dealt with in a most unsatisfactory way by management be it by accident or design.

We feel however, that it would be unfair as you suggest contacting Mr Twynam directly concerning our general concerns as we are sure that he must be at his wits end sorting out the fallout from this latest fiasco. We did in fact meet Mr Twynam and his team at a promotion event in Manchester early this year as a result we booked the upcoming April 2019 Japan Circumnavigation cruise.We were greatly impressed both with the presentation and the professionalism and friendliness of the Azamara representatives who reflected the experience we enjoy when cruising with Azamara.

Due to the problems of booking our January/February cruise because of the positioning of both the Quest and the Journey, we have booked with Silversea for the first time. It is our intention to compare our last 11 Azamara cruises, (based on our experiences when occupying Spa and Club Continentalsuites) with “fingers crossed” our impressions of our first-time cruise on the Silver Shadow. We will share our thoughts and findings on this excellent Forumon our return.

As a footnote, and perhaps something of interest following our investigation into selecting an alternative cruise for our search for a brief respite from our UK climate, we quote the following costings which did influence our decision to book the Silversea cruise and which also convinced us not to rely on brochure prices or so-called offers made by cruise companies.

Azamara

Cost of cruise only (Azamara Brochure price) (suite) for similar cruise and

itinerary

£3,414PP for 10 nights = £341 PP per night

Note: Travel Agent price for above for acontinental suite, Flight from UK (economy) 1-night stay pre cruise and 4 nightstay post cruise plus private overseas transfers £3,199pp : Carrier notstated (add on premier seating for flights say £748pp (based on Cathay Pacificupgrade) for comparison purpose.

Total cost £3,947pp

Silversea

Cost of cruise only (Silversea Brochure price) (Terrace suite GTY) for our similar cruise and itinerary

£5,000 for 9 nights (including shore excursions) = £555 PP per night

Note: Travel agent price for the abovecruise including premier seating with Cathay Pacific, two nights hotel stays atbeginning and end of cruise together with Island tour in Hong Kong. Alloverseas private transfers included. Plus, Fortnum & Mason Champagne &Chocolates Gift.

Total cost £4,249 pp

Additional total cost to cruise with Silversea if booked through same travel agent = £302 per person albeit it for 9 nights as opposed to 10 with Azamara

We are booked to join the Journey together with two of our friends (who we originally introduced to join the Azamara supporters team) on the 29th May 2018 cruise. Yes, we were part of the 28th May 2018 group whose cruise was cancelled due to the decision by management to accept a late charter booking, but to be fair, Azamara did make us a very reasonable offer by way of compensation. In the past we would have had no hesitancy when considering a future cruise to browse through the Azamara brochure, locate a cruise and without further ado, instruct our travel agent to do the necessary. Sadly, recent decisions made by management have unnerved us somewhat and we realise that prudence should influence our decision making in the future. As a result, we will probably withhold making any future decisions to book until our return from our Silversea cruise and when we have considered offers available to us when we are aboard the Journey in May, or, of course, any too good to turn down genuine propositions received in the meantime. J

Edited by davidandjulia
Typo

DavidandJulia (and others) I am really curious based on UK prices posted here and in other posts and wondering if it is a fact that CC Suite prices seem to be more reasonable in the UK than the US. The prices you quoted comes out to about $900 per couple a night and I can’t say I have ever seen CC Suites in the US under $1,000, especially on short cruises (the longer ones sometimes appear to have a slightly lower cost per day) and right now we seem challenged to come in under $1,000 per couple per day for a Veranda cabin, so forget the CC Suite which is usually much higher. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Would love to know how you all are getting this prices — do travel agents in UK have access to discounts the US doesn’t have?

DavidandJulia (and others) I am really curious based on UK prices posted here and in other posts and wondering if it is a fact that CC Suite prices seem to be more reasonable in the UK than the US. The prices you quoted comes out to about $900 per couple a night and I can’t say I have ever seen CC Suites in the US under $1,000, especially on short cruises (the longer ones sometimes appear to have a slightly lower cost per day) and right now we seem challenged to come in under $1,000 per couple per day for a Veranda cabin, so forget the CC Suite which is usually much higher. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Would love to know how you all are getting this prices — do travel agents in UK have access to discounts the US doesn’t have?

Prices we are seeing in the U.K. for a CC suite are usually in the region of £1000 per couple per day. But there are exceptions, we are tracking two cruises one on Journey in September 2019 for a N2 suite the Azamara price, cruise only is £1079 ($1420) per couple per night. However for a Quest cruise in October 2019 the price is £790 ($1025) per couple per night, but this is unusually low.

We can get discounts through travel agents but this is in the order of 5% these days. It’s worth saying that we also have non refundable deposits and there’s no price drop guarantee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bonnie, thanks for the follow-up. I think Azamara's decision was the right one.

• 1 month later...

Ugh. So after all this. Those itineraries are part of the second guest 50% off sale. We jumped through hoops to make it work the first time only to have the rug pulled on the prices. Got all of our rentals back and now have our air so it’s too late for us but those disappointed the first time may want to check the latest sale.

Ugh. So after all this. Those itineraries are part of the second guest 50% off sale. We jumped through hoops to make it work the first time only to have the rug pulled on the prices. Got all of our rentals back and now have our air so it’s too late for us but those disappointed the first time may want to check the latest sale.

Don't feel too bad, unless I am missing something, it appears the price for 2 is still $2000~ higher than the "error" fare. ;)

Don't feel too bad, unless I am missing something, it appears the price for 2 is still $2000~ higher than the "error" fare. ;)

The one we were looking at isn't. It's actually pretty reasonable but it would cost me $600 to change my air and then screw around with my villa rentals again. Not doing it.

Also, did you actually click into it to get the price? the non discounted price shows on the first page, you only get your 50% discount when selecting the type of room you want.

Edited by Cruise Junky

The one we were looking at isn't. It's actually pretty reasonable but it would cost me $600 to change my air and then screw around with my villa rentals again. Not doing it.

Also, did you actually click into it to get the price? the non discounted price shows on the first page, you only get your 50% discount when selecting the type of room you want.

I was only looking at the TA in Nov. I don't know why I assumed you were talking about that one :confused:. It is still $2000 total more than we are paying.

I was only looking at the TA in Nov. I don't know why I assumed you were talking about that one :confused:. It is still $2000 total more than we are paying.

We have a villa rented in Crete and an apartment in Bordeaux so were going to fit the Athens to Rome cruise inbetween the two.

• 2 weeks later...