BIG NEWS! We Are Proud to Announce....

BBMacLaird

here's the US prices on that sailing. The UK is getting a steal.

Club Interior: $6,499 USD

Club Oceanview: $6,999 USD

Club Veranda: $6,499 USD

PP

I was just about to post this information.

I would jump on this cruise for the Oceanview price listed on the UK site.

interior USD6500 = GBP 4935 vs in excitedofharpenden's screen shot GBP 10221

ov USD7000 = GBP5314 vs in excitedofharpenden's screen shot GBP 5662

verandah USD6500 = GBP 4935 vs in excitedofharpenden's screen shot GBP 10,271

Granted that exchange rate is not quite what one will get but for the OV price in UK is GBP 350 more than the USD pricing [5662 (screenshot) - 5314 (US site in GBP)]

Sorry I don't understand how the UK site is a steal for an OV. What have I misunderstood?

interior USD6500 = GBP 4935 vs in excitedofharpenden's screen shot GBP 10221

verandah USD6500 = GBP 4935 vs in excitedofharpenden's screen shot GBP 10,271

Granted that exchange rate is not quite what one will get but for the OV price in UK is GBP 350 more than the USD pricing [5662 (screenshot) - 5314 (US site in GBP)]

Sorry I don't understand how the UK site is a steal for an OV. What have I misunderstood?

The US prices are per person, the UK prices are for two in UKTOG's picture. The first one is showing single occupancy. When I do single occupancy in the US, the price doubles.

2e3c29b5b5d6c8331fd144eacca69e83.jpg

The pricing for 2 is interesting- huge premium for a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Must admit trying to follow the logic of these screenshots, the website shows the price of an OV as £5662 pp, whereas if you go through the booking process it’s £5985 as a total for two people. No wonder our TA gets confused whenever she speaks to AZ!

3f5a676fd34b7dffad836ec316dd5cbf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Phil's screenshot is for a single passenger.

Look at uktog's screenshot from the UK site just below his. That screenshot shows that the price quoted on the UK site is for 2 guests, while the US prices are per person with double occupancy.

Sorry. I now notice that others answered your question more succinctly than I did while I was writing my reply.

Edited by bbqoug

Phil's screenshot is for a single passenger.

Look at uktog's screenshot from the UK site just below his. That screenshot shows that the price quoted on the UK site is for 2 guests, while the US prices are per person with double occupancy.

Sorry. I now notice that others answered your question more succinctly than I did while I was writing my reply.

Appreciate all the replies. No apology needed as yours is a clear summary.

So comparing prices for an apple, a pair of pears and a single half of a grapefruit. In different currencies. Fruit salad is tricky business

thanks again

OK, fellow cruisers, just wanted everyone to know, including Bonnie, how Azamara is now conducting business.

I booked a VX cabin on October 23 for the November 6 Pursuit sailing, at a price of $1,899 per person. I called back the next day to add the Early Booking benefit to the reservation, which they did, but then increased the price to $4,199 per person. When I discovered that, I immediately called them back and had the matter "escalated" to the supervisor as the front line was unable to do anything. I followed up today, and now have been told that "the initial pricing was a computer glitch and that they will not honor the initial price"!!! I told them that was unacceptable, that they were just as subject to the terms and conditions as we are, and that I have a contractual commitment from them to honor the initial price, regardless of cause, and kindly requested them not to force me to take the matter up with the legal team of my travel consortium. I was then advised that the matter was again being "elevated to corporate", as "there are many similarly situated clients" of theirs in the same predicament. I am told I will have a "resolution" within the next several hours. We shall see...

I do think they are legally within their right to do that but morally? hmmm nope. There have been a few threads over the years of pricing mix ups and some lines have honoured it while others have not. I'm sure it's buried in their terms and conditions somewhere about pricing errors.

It's just very disappointing to read that they're sinking this low.

Looks like Azamara (and I’m sure every other cruise line) can change booked costs if there were errors in their pricing.

“The Company is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors and reserves the right to cancel without liability any bookings made at erroneous rates.”

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/legal-information

Why don't we just give AZ direct access to our bank accounts and let them take whatever they want for the cruise we want. That way they can surprise us. ;p You do trust them to take the correct amount don't ya? Besides think how much easier it would be than trying to figure out the roll-out.

Looks like Azamara (and I’m sure every other cruise line) can change booked costs if there were errors in their pricing.

“The Company is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors and reserves the right to cancel without liability any bookings made at erroneous rates.”

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/legal-information

Thanks for the information Rabo; kind of thought they would include this or similar language. Problem here is that they did NOT follow their own language. They have but one option from what you provided and that is to cancel the booking. Azamara did not cancel the bookings but, raised the prices which is not a valid change. They can only cancel based on your language.

A fine point but, contracts are full of fine points. Lacking the cancellation, the original priced contract remains valid unless Azamara cancels the booking. No other option. So, Azamara failed to follow their own T's and C's so far.

Now having said the above, is it morally correct to do what they did; absolutely not. It was not a single error or a few errors, it was the entire listing. As has been proven and proven here, Azamara does not check or double check what they do and in way too many cases what they do is wrong. How difficult would it have been for someone to review those prices and fix them before publishing them and avoiding the whole issue?? Have seen way too many spelling and grammatical errors and letters that could have been written by a third grader. Not what one would expect from a premium cruise line.

Thanks for the information Rabo; kind of thought they would include this or similar language. Problem here is that they did NOT follow their own language. They have but one option from what you provided and that is to cancel the booking. Azamara did not cancel the bookings but, raised the prices which is not a valid change. They can only cancel based on your language.

A fine point but, contracts are full of fine points. Lacking the cancellation, the original priced contract remains valid unless Azamara cancels the booking. No other option. So, Azamara failed to follow their own T's and C's so far.

Now having said the above, is it morally correct to do what they did; absolutely not. It was not a single error or a few errors, it was the entire listing. As has been proven and proven here, Azamara does not check or double check what they do and in way too many cases what they do is wrong. How difficult would it have been for someone to review those prices and fix them before publishing them and avoiding the whole issue?? Have seen way too many spelling and grammatical errors and letters that could have been written by a third grader. Not what one would expect from a premium cruise line.

And that "fine point" that you point out, that AZ's remedy is to cancel , not rebook, could be significant because if AZ cancelled they should be returning the deposit.

If after AZ rebooked/refared the booking the purchaser wanted to cancel the morally correct thing woukd be for AZ to refund the deposit in full, even if it is a not refundable deposit. But would that happen automatically in non-refundable deposit areas or would the purchaser have to fight for it? Maybe that us why the 7p per minute phone charge, recoup the deposit while you're listening to muzak (cynical sarcasm. I find it AZAmazing they are charging that like a phone line psychic)

Strangely enough that so-called computer glitch also appeared when I eagerly looked at the new itineraries as soon as they became available on the European web site after reading the e-mail I had got.

Some great new ports and very reasonable prices, I thought and furthermore thought of squeezing in one of the new and fabulous voyages in our currently booked cruise schedule and those great EURO (!!!) prices as well!.

When I wanted to book the following day, these great prices had disappeared and were a third more or double that - as so many of you have reported.

I'm inclined to ask if it is a new trend in switch-and-bait strategies cruise-lines now seem to use.

We accidentally saw prices for three pre-cruises offered by Royal Caribbean for their new Symphony of the Seas. During the next few hours prices changed about 6 times in as many hours from "exceptionally good" to "reasonable" to "excessive" . Strangely enough the numbers of cabins for the category we were slightly interested in was the same all the time. So we just shrugged our shoulders....

Thanks upwarduk, that was exactly the one we received, with pricing in US$ and the US Tollfree number. I didn't think to click anywhere on it to try to access UK info, and because it didn't appear relevant I deleted it and cannot now access it again.

I too thought it interesting that the US tel.number is Toll Free, but the UK number is a premium charge number...........

We didn't receive any other e-mail yesterday or today.

Wow. No words can do this debacle justice, but I’ll try.

I’m just a witness to all of this, not having booked anything on Pursuit myself.

This is being handled so poorly.

I can’t understand why Azamara released the itineraries when it did, if the claim/excuse as I understand it is that they were so overly swamped with the addition of a third ship that it’s not their fault they got it wrong.

Furthermore, their T&Cs can stipulate anything, but their validity will not prevail in Australia if consumer law dictates differently. So if anyone here in the merry old land of Oz has been affected, I suggest you investigate your options with Fair Trading irrespective of what the ‘AZ self-protecting’ T&Cs state.

To AZ - wow, wow, wow, wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue as us.

We booked the Nov. 18 TA, deposited (and accepted by AZ). Received invoice and booking ID.

We then booked the lead up cruise (9 day Med) to make it a B2B. Deposited (and accepted by AZ). Received invoice and booking ID. Travel Agent was first told about the "webiste glitch" but they were going to honor the price for the 9 day Med sailing, even though it had risen. TA then got a call saying they are now refusing to honor the price for the 9 day. . I have an AZ invoice, booking ID and hammered deposit (that they are "willing to refund"). Don't want a refund of the deposit. Want AZ to honor what they gave me in writing.

WOW...just WOW!...I would expect the same thing!!! LuAnn

OK, fellow cruisers, just wanted everyone to know, including Bonnie, how Azamara is now conducting business.

I booked a VX cabin on October 23 for the November 6 Pursuit sailing, at a price of $1,899 per person. I called back the next day to add the Early Booking benefit to the reservation, which they did, but then increased the price to $4,199 per person. When I discovered that, I immediately called them back and had the matter "escalated" to the supervisor as the front line was unable to do anything. I followed up today, and now have been told that "the initial pricing was a computer glitch and that they will not honor the initial price"!!! I told them that was unacceptable, that they were just as subject to the terms and conditions as we are, and that I have a contractual commitment from them to honor the initial price, regardless of cause, and kindly requested them not to force me to take the matter up with the legal team of my travel consortium. I was then advised that the matter was again being "elevated to corporate", as "there are many similarly situated clients" of theirs in the same predicament. I am told I will have a "resolution" within the next several hours. We shall see...

Wow is the word! Can not believe how this is being handled. I have been sitting back remaining silent, but I am sure there are plenty of us out there reading these stories and saying “wow” !!

Please keep us posted on what happens!

WOW Update...I am pleasantly surprised and pleased to report that, as of an hour ago, Azamara corporate has agreed to honor my original pricing and has restored my booking to reflect the original fare. I am satisfied that they did the right thing with my booking, although I’m not optimistic that all similarly situated customers will receive a consistent resolution. As a matter of fact, it is not out of the realm of possibility that my booking may yet change again, but I at least wanted to report what appears for now to be a satisfactory resolution.

2: If Aazamara is honouring the initial crazy pricing for those lucky enough to get it I do hope that whoever is responsible for this glitch has a bonus withheld as he appears to have lost Azamara quite a large amount of money and as a shareholder that stinks.

/quote]

The Pricing wasn't that crazy. It was reasonable. Azamara are launching an old ship with no new bells and whistles in August 2018. A lot of cruisers already have their 2019 trips booked, never mind 2018. They need to fill that ship. Have fun with that with these prices. Sure the exotic itineraries will do well, but what about the Med? so much competition. I wouldn't have even considered them at the price they want now for a balcony on an 8 day med cruise in late October but at the initial price offered, they may have had an Azamara convert

We were originally booked on the TA from Lisbon that includes overnight stays in Bermuda and Cuba so the lower pricing on the Pursuit cruise (approx $750 pp) while a great deal also seemed reasonable. The fact that the pricing now is higher than the Journey itinerary is what's crazy, imo.

WOW Update...I am pleasantly surprised and pleased to report that, as of an hour ago, Azamara corporate has agreed to honor my original pricing and has restored my booking to reflect the original fare. I am satisfied that they did the right thing with my booking, although I’m not optimistic that all similarly situated customers will receive a consistent resolution. As a matter of fact, it is not out of the realm of possibility that my booking may yet change again, but I at least wanted to report what appears for now to be a satisfactory resolution.

Good news. Thanks for reporting back.

Thanks for reporting back! WOW update..LOL. Glad it worked out!

I think that whatever resolutions Azamara offers, they should be equal across the board!? It is distressing to think they might not be. Again, I have no horse in this race!

Did they know you had posted on Cruise Critic?

Thanks for reporting back! WOW update..LOL.

Did they know you had posted on Cruise Critic?

Almost every one of the 29 Azamara cruises we have sailed has had a Cruise Critic function that was promoted by the ship and attended by the senior officers, who consistently emphasize the influence our group supposedly has with the brand. Whether this is lip service or not is open to conjecture, but I have to believe that they monitor the pulse of our community, as evidenced by the presence of Bonnie.

I did not mention that I was associated with Cruise Critic, but they did recognize that I am a travel partner. Whether that made any difference is open to conjecture, but I do not have any evidence to ascertain that they made that distinction in their resolution of my case.

I believe that if similarly situated customers pursue an equitable resolution as I have, I’d like to believe that Azamara will try to be consistent in their resolutions, do the right thing, and try to save face from a troubled roll out of the Pursuit.

Thank you all for the response. I knew this community would be over the moon with the news of a third ship and more destinations! I got up at 4am to post this, so you'd be the first to know :hearteyes:

Now I'm going back to bed for a couple hours...see you in a few!

I think they should have built a new ship and not buy another old one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Almost every one of the 29 Azamara cruises we have sailed has had a Cruise Critic function that was promoted by the ship and attended by the senior officers, who consistently emphasize the influence our group supposedly has with the brand. Whether this is lip service or not is open to conjecture, but I have to believe that they monitor the pulse of our community, as evidenced by the presence of Bonnie.

I did not mention that I was associated with Cruise Critic, but they did recognize that I am a travel partner. Whether that made any difference is open to conjecture, but I do not have any evidence to ascertain that they made that distinction in their resolution of my case.

I believe that if similarly situated customers pursue an equitable resolution as I have, I’d like to believe that Azamara will try to be consistent in their resolutions, do the right thing, and try to save face from a troubled roll out of the Pursuit.

Glad that the resolution worked for you.

It has been a troubled roll out....not good!

Hopefully others in situations like yours will get satisfaction.

We also have had our reservation rrstored at the original prices. Likely because we had an invoice from AZ, they'd hammered our deposit and promised to honor it before reneging.

The whole fiasco should never have happened, from start to finish.

It is a great product and I hate to see it devalued.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app