The extra charge fairy strikes again.

Lanky Lad

My credit card statement arrived today and Cunard have taken the expected amount, but also an extra $6.75.

This is the second time this has happened to me when returning from Queen Elizabeth, last time it was over $70.

I suspect I have been wrongly charged for something from the cabin fridge.

Just a gentle reminder to make sure you check your credit card statement for any unexpected charges.

A complaint has been sent to Cunard so I will wait and see what response I get.

A few yrs ago., on QE we had purchased 2 soft drinks at the pool bar, drank them from the cans, but disposed of the empty cans in the stateroom trash. Later, upon checking the acct., on that date, there was a charge from the stateroom for the 2 sodas. Apparently the trash is checked, and empty cans in it, are assumed to be from the mini-fridge.

We were charged for drinks ordered by another table in the Chart Room on QV in September.

Spotted it when we received mid voyage statement.

Went down to see the purser who went through all the receipts for that night and found one for the same amount, it hadn’t been signed by the guests which I didn’t think could happen.

They refunded us no questions asked but expect it was followed up.

it hadn’t been signed by the guests which I didn’t think could happen.

They refunded us no questions asked but expect it was followed up.

This is common. Unethical servers write up a receipt...never signed because the drinks never existed. Then they turn it in..if no one fusses they are money ahead. We've had it happen on Princess multiple times.

That's why the ship doesn't contest it. They know about it. Could get the server fired.

This is common. Unethical servers write up a receipt...never signed because the drinks never existed. Then they turn it in..if no one fusses they are money ahead. We've had it happen on Princess multiple times.

That's why the ship doesn't contest it. They know about it. Could get the server fired.

How can that happen because even if a server did write a receipt for drinks that werent ordered how would they be money ahead because they do not handle or receive money. Only Cunard would be ahead if the receipt was turned in and not the waiter.

How can that happen because even if a server did write a receipt for drinks that werent ordered how would they be money ahead because they do not handle or receive money. Only Cunard would be ahead if the receipt was turned in and not the waiter.

Hi

The waiter can profit because of the mandatory gratuity added to the charge which I assume most of which goes in his pocket. I've never had this problem myself, however.

Deck Chair

Went down to see the purser who went through all the receipts for that night and found one for the same amount, it hadn’t been signed by the guests which I didn’t think could happen.

I would imagine someone not signing the bill happens all the time. I've certainly forgotten to sign them on a number of times, but so what ? I've ordered something and it's been delivered to me. I would not expect me not signing a bit of paper to make any difference.

I've had the odd thing appear on hotel bills and restaurant bills that I've not had. So imagine how many transactions take place each day on a cruise ship. Mistakes are bound to happen. I've never thought those errors to be deliberate, just that they are simply mistakes.

I've had the odd thing appear on hotel bills and restaurant bills that I've not had. So imagine how many transactions take place each day on a cruise ship. Mistakes are bound to happen. I've never thought those errors to be deliberate, just that they are simply mistakes.

I like that you are understanding and generous, but in our experience, when multiple

unsigned receipts are in evidence for drinks that we did not remember ordering or drinking, our conclusion is different.

Had the receipts had someones signature, a mistake could have been an easier and understandable conclusion.

The mysterious "extra charge" is happening very frequently on RCL.

There are many posts on this item.on the RCL board.

I suspect that it is a corporate directive to incur additional revenue by RCL and Carnival corp may be mirroring RCL.

Frankly would not put it past either corporation given their obvious greed and contempt of the cruising consumer.

Had similar, with my last three crossings on board. It is very strange. I agree with the final onboard statement on morning of departure, purchase nothing extra from the fridge yet get charged an additional $9.08 on my cc after final statement paid. I e mail them and then just get a cheque back in the post with no explanation. OK £6.89 is not a lot of money but this should not be happening. If the whole ship is getting billed that is an awful lot of money Carnival are scamming on this imaginary charge . It is not a cc fee as I do not pay one.

It's not only drinks. We had an additional charge in one of the shops. It took us almost 3 months to get it resolved. Cunard claimed we forget what we purchased. What saved us was one of the on board staff sent us a copy of the paperwork. The purchase had been made about 2 minutes after our purchase in the store, had our room number but someone else's name and signature. Cunard still would not give us a refund so we went to our credit card company and they dealt with it. It's a shame you have to check your account every couple of days and even when you do you can still have issues.